• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Bui Pinoy comprain Universal Studios (read his blog)

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://the-f-word-blog.blogspot.com/2011/02/compromised-safety-at-universal-studios.html

Compromised Safety at the Universal Studios Singapore Galactica Rollercoaster

I had the most unfortunate incident at Universal Studios Singapore yesterday. I have written to all the major publications here in Singapore, including NBC Universal and Universal Studios Orlando in the US.

As of today, 27 Feb, the Universal Studios Orlando responded to my email and forwarded my concern to US Singapore. Just a few minutes ago, someone from US Singapore called to say they received my letter from US Orlando and ensured they would address the issue (though at this point I don't know what exact measures will be done as I'm sure it's their standard protocol to apologise and tell customers that they will do something about it).

I will update this blog as soon as I hear news from the press or US Singapore management. Below is the letter I had sent out:

26 Feb 2011

To Whom It May Concern,

I hope this letter reaches you well. I am writing you regarding an incident that occured today (26 Feb 11) at the Universal Studios Galactica – in particular the Cylon rollercoaster, which compromised the safety of not only myself but the other passengers of the ride, as well.

Below are the incidents that transpired and I will relay them in a very factual manner as how they occured:

10.30am (approx) – We reached USS and immediately went to Cylon rollercoaster. The “greeter” (the person you see prior to entering the ride's premises) lets me in without asking me to try out the test seat (At that point I wasn't aware that such test seats were available, I only found out about this after I had spoken to Customer Services later in the day after my complaint. The test seats are meant to test and show an indicator if a person's dimensions can fit the seat and the shoulder bracket). After around 15 mins of falling in line, we reached the platform. The “loader” (person who assists passengers with their shoulder safety brackets) finds it hard to lock my bracket and initially mentions I can't proceed with the ride but with a few more “forceful” pushes he managed to lock it.

Immediately after the Cylon ride, I also managed to ride the “Human” ride (the Galactica has 2 dueling rollercoasters). Again, the greeter did not ask me to try out the test seat. But this time around, the loader had no problems locking my seat bracket.

Later, I also managed to ride “The Mummy”. Again, no greeter had asked me to try out the test seat. Also, no issues with the loader locking my seat bracket (I have already been on this ride during the 2 previous times I have been in USS with no problems whatsoever). At the same time I took the ride, there was actually another overweight man behind me who was asked to step out as they couldn't lock the seat bracket.

Now the problem starts when I attempted to ride the Cylon again later in the day around 3:20pm (approx). This time around, the greeter does ask me to try out the test seat. However, I mentioned I have already been on the ride earlier in the morning so then she let's me go through. After around 1hr+ of falling in line, we reached the platform. Again, the loader (a different loader from earlier in the morning) has trouble locking my seat and says I can't proceed with the ride. Now I mentioned I was able to ride earlier and I asked to move to the seat on my right (my original seat in the morning) to try again but it really wouldn't lock – though I noticed he wasn't pushing the bracket as forcefully as the loader earlier in the morning. I stepped out very embarrassed and humiliated (now some people may say I am overreacting, but rejection is a big issue to horizontally-challenged people like me, especially in front of a big crowd of people). Later I found out through my friend who took the same ride, that there was also another overweight guy who asked to step out after me.

Around 3.40 pm (approx) I went to the Customer Service Counter to try and speak with the manager. I initially managed to speak to a lady at the counter to relay my story and then to the Guest Services Lead, Iryanto Amin. Now here are my issues:

If my “body dimensions” weren't really meant to ride the Cylon then how was I able to ride the 1st time? Is it because the 1st loader was more forceful in pushing my bracket and the 2nd loader wasn't trying hard enough? Or is it because the 1st loader shouldn't have forcefully pushed my bracket in the first place and I wasn't really suitable for the ride?
If you noticed I emphasized on the “greeter” in my narration above and this is because during my conversation with Iryanto, he asked me if any of the greeters asked me to try out the test seats first. If it were the greeter's duties to filter out the overweight passengers, then why weren't they performing this task? Why will you subject the overweight people to embarrassment and humiliation in front of other people and make them fall in line for so long if they weren't suitable to ride in the 1st place? More so risk their safety if they weren't meant to be on the ride in the 1st place?
If there are such weight or body measurement restrictions then why is this not found on the website or the park guide they give you upon entering the park? (I did check the website and park guide prior to going to USS)

I admit my feelings and ego were hurt. It was probably one of the lowest points in my life despite the fact that I am used to the daily challenges of discrimination and judgment being a fat person. I'm sure some people who hear about my story will laugh at me and say here's a fat person who got offended and just wants to complain, but my main issue here is my safety and the other passengers' safety were compromised. I could have died on that ride if I wasn't meant to be on it. Definitely, somewhere along the way the rules were not enforced.

When I spoke to Iryanto I was asking for a refund as I felt there have been lapses in their enforcement of rules and I had no mood at all to go on any ride whatsoever. Furthermore, my friend and my cousin who were with me also weren't able to enjoy the park anymore as they had to accompany me to the customer service office. We were asked to wait in a room for an hour while he was trying to sort things out with the manager (Kerene Goh, Area Manager, who never attended to us), as he claimed. During this waiting period, he had offered me 3 times an express pass on any ride as compensation and insisted they don't do refunds. Was he kidding me? Did he really think I would go for such a lame form of compensation? He even implicated that the 1st time I rode Cylon it was early in the morning and after taking my lunch I could have expanded. SERIOUSLY??! Is this the kind of training that these officers are given to address agitated customers?? In the end I settled for 3 tickets with a limited day pass (only 3-7pm) and 4 month expiry.

I am very disappointed with the manner they handled my complaint. But I am even more disappointed with the lapse of enforcement of rules in the park. To think that the Galactica has been closed for almost a year due to an earlier incident where the seat flew open. I would think at this point they would be extremely cautious and mindful when it comes to ensuring passengers' safety but obviously this is not what I witnessed today.

I am not asking for any pity or higher form of compensation. My wish is that the management will carefully consider my story and thoroughly check their procedures and training of employees. I hope that with my story no other fat person will be embarrassed and humiliated and more so, no life will be taken because of irresponsible neglect on the part of their employees and management.

Sincerely,
Christian Abellaneda
+6591016409
Singapore

CCB this Pinoy compraining to everyone including NBC! He think ppl bother about this chao ah bui?!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Pinoy Foreign Trash keep talking bout food in his blog....

Marche Restaurant, Vivo City

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hgJM1CYwb_8/SmMfPxYjhWI/AAAAAAAACFk/cL0K4M-dTSI/s400/Photo0121.jpg

I've always been intrigued with Marche especially with the long queue during peak hours so I finally decided to check the place out. Zach has been transferred to their Alexandra branch office due to a H1N1 case in their original office so we have been going to Vivo City quite often lately.

Quite surprisingly, they don't have a website. For an establishment, or any form of business, not to have a website in techy and modern Singapore is almost unbelievable. Anyway, I found out thru the web their original branch was (or still is) in Orchard.

I love love love the interior! I love the open marketplace concept where the food is laid out or cooked in front of you. The floor area was a bit too tight though, I can just imagine how squeezy it can be when there's a lot of diners.

Photo0113.jpg

Sorry about the blurry pics, again I forgot my digicam - the supposed 8 megapixel camera on my mobile phone is no good. Above pic is Chicken Parmesan Cheese Pasta with veggies. It was pretty good. Not overly creamy, cheesy or salty. Plus the veggies gave it a fresh taste that didn't make you feel too guilty.

Photo0116.jpg

I didn't quite like the batter of the Calamares. A bit too bready. It was crispy but I prefer the breaded coating of Calamares in Fish & Co.

Photo0117.jpg

And now for dessert!! Bread pudding with vanilla cream sauce. Delectably sinful! Our favorite!

Photo0118.jpg

Strawberry Cheesecake was terrible. Cheesecakes at Starbucks or CB&TL are way better. The crust was too tough plus the gelatin-based cheesecake was too watery.

Photo0120.jpg

This 3rd piece of cake was Zach's fault, I think he got too excited with all the cakes on display. This Apple Crumble was equally, if not more terrible than the strawberry cheesecake.

Dinner came up to around $56 for both of us. Quite pricey but we did eat a lot after all. Again. I'm sure you are all shaking your head saying how the hell am I going to lose weight with this kind of diet... Ok, guilty as charged! =P

No rating for Marche since it was a fastfood type of restaurant, though a classier one.

Vivo City, Centre Walk
1 Harbourfront #03-14
098585 Singapore
Phone +65 6376 8226

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Pinoy fat f**k is no different from Ah Nehs.
Always asking for full refund after they have tried something or eaten something not to their liking.
All thanks to the gahmen for importing Pinoys , Ah Nehs ( KNNBCCB's favourite target board :p ) and uncouth Ah Tiongs.
Expect more to reach our shore :eek:

Balllessme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously... read thru and he sound like a over weight 250KG pinoy... check out the stuffs he eat at Marche already you can imagine his Jabba the Hut's size...

Please la... he is trying to get the cash refund from USS after enjoying 2 days of fun there... Try to ask him to go back to hometown and try the the public transport and then ask to write to Aquino to complain:p

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok lah guyz...
some entertainment for you..

Question : You are trapped in a cylon rollercoaster with a revolver, a fat Pinoy and five ugly maids. What do you do?

Answer : Shoot the fat Pinoy six times.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok lah guyz...
some entertainment for you..

Question : You are trapped in a cylon rollercoaster with a revolver, a fat Pinoy and five ugly maids. What do you do?

Answer : Shoot the fat Pinoy six times.

KNNBCCB....you KNNBCCB la, then left 5 ugly Pinoy maids harass me to buy them international calling cards how?! :rolleyes:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously... read thru and he sound like a over weight 250KG pinoy... check out the stuffs he eat at Marche already you can imagine his Jabba the Hut's size...

Please la... he is trying to get the cash refund from USS after enjoying 2 days of fun there... Try to ask him to go back to hometown and try the the public transport and then ask to write to Aquino to complain:p

Haha...no joke. This Pinoy ah bui really cannot make it. Instead of compraining people no want let him sit on the ride, he should do self-reflection and not eat till so BUI ma.

By the way, the Marche blog entry was just the tip of the iceberg. If u got time, go read his blog and see how greedy he really is. Fuck all Pinoys! :oIo:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNNBCCB....you KNNBCCB la, then left 5 ugly Pinoy maids harass me to buy them international calling cards how?! :rolleyes:

Answer : Ask them give you five shots in Golden Dragon's favourite position. ( the doogie for the uglee )

p/s : Golden Dragon if you are reading this, pity you cannot log in. :p

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Answer : Ask them give you five shots in Golden Dragon's favourite position. ( the doogie for the uglee )

p/s : Golden Dragon if you are reading this, pity you cannot log in. :p

Bro KNNBCCB ,

What happened to your siggy ? :confused:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro KNNBCCB ,

What happened to your siggy ? :confused:

alamak ! you no say also i donno wor ... :confused::eek:

what happen siah ! .. si liao.. kana detected by MIW for racist liao... :(

si liao lah jip pai... :eek::eek: :(:o

liao liao .... liao liao .... bro... les lim kopi together later... :(:o

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alamak ! you no say also i donno wor ... :confused::eek:

what happen siah ! .. si liao.. kana detected by MIW for racist liao... :(

si liao lah jip pai... :eek::eek: :(:o

liao liao .... liao liao .... bro... les lim kopi together later... :(:o

MIW busy digging peasants moolah , they where got care if you are racist.
Maybe the bitch Chindian Vivian will sue you for being a racist but he is only half Indian so you shoot him three times ? :p
Coffee ?
:biggrin:

Testing my siggy... CCB

Okay , can see your siggy liao :p

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cb pinoy, u gt so many problems issit?

dun let ur problems become our problems lah.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
cb pinoy, u gt so many problems issit?

dun let ur problems become our problems lah.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

CB Ah Bui Pinoy, come here take Singaporeans jobs and take the seats of rides of locals at theme parks, still got the cheek to comprain! :oIo:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the safety seat cannot lock. Why does he want to complaint cannot ride?
Something wrong with his head. Saying that morning ride the loader/assistant help him who is stronger and pus harder to lock shoulder bracket. If already so hard to lock he should use his brain not to try 2nd time, that will put himself in danger so do the others.
He might fell of the seat if the safty shoulder bracket fail or hard to breath due to too much pressure force on the body.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
the way I see it, this guy is full of self pity and everything is about HIM! I recalled that he was the one who insisted he took the ride before when the usher or as he said "greeter" asked him to take the test seat. He should be responsible for his own action instead of complaining.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is the person who will eat mac or kfc and blame the food too oily.:oIo:

cannot swim and blame the swimming trunk too loose :oIo:

look at the food he consume. wah piangz!:oIo:

bakaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
THis fat Pinoy already tried all the rides and still asked for refund. USS still offered him 3 tickets and limited day pass when only this fay pinoy having difficulty in fitting into the seat (The most 1 ticket but still I don't think he should be compensated). There is no safety being compromised as long as it locks. The second time is just that the loader did not push hard enough. USS customer service took the easy way out by rewarding people who complained.

:oIo

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
THis fat Pinoy already tried all the rides and still asked for refund. USS still offered him 3 tickets and limited day pass when only this fay pinoy having difficulty in fitting into the seat (The most 1 ticket but still I don't think he should be compensated). There is no safety being compromised as long as it locks. The second time is just that the loader did not push hard enough. USS customer service took the easy way out by rewarding people who complained.

:oIo

This chao ah bui pinoy enjoy all the rides liao, then ask for refund. It's like finishing an entire steamboat after 3 hours, then comprain too salty and ask for refund. :rolleyes: