• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After 30 years, Eggs are good again

sally

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worried that he might be consuming too many eggs, Ah Lek now discovered that eggs are good for health. Ah Lek never felt happier, he now enjoys 2 half boil eggs at the kopitiam, Sausage McMuffin with Egg at MacDonalds, oysters omelette at Newton and delicious egg benedict.

Things are again looking sunnyside up for eggs, after 30 years of banishment from the American diet because of concerns over their cholesterol content. People are eating more eggs, and the poultry industry is expanding the market by creating healthier designer eggs, high in heart-healthy fatty acids and other nutrients.

Equally important are the data from clinical studies published during the '90s about eggs and cholesterol. Eggs are relatively high in cholesterol (about 550 mg cholesterol/100 grams of fresh eggs), but it appears that saturated fat in the diet, not dietary cholesterol, is what influences blood cholesterol levels most.

Two eggs a day cuts cholesterol

Previous studies have revealed we should eat no more than two to three eggs, which were thought to be high in cholesterol and therefore increase the risk of heart disease.

However, new research revealed that case studies who ate two eggs a day while maintaining a calorie-restricted diet not only lost weight, but also significantly cut their cholesterol levels.

Lead researcher Dr Bruce Griffin commented on the findings: 'There is no convincing evidence to link an increased intake of dietary cholesterol or eggs with coronary heart disease. Indeed, eggs make a nutritional contribution to a healthy, calorie-restricted diet.'

It is thought eating eggs for breakfast helps to control weight as people feel fuller for longer so are therefore less prone to snacking.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ifo0mf.jpg

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stop eating eggs after they discover that those who eat more die faster. And that was last year research.

z_z

Alfrescian
Loyal
I nv eat eggs my cholesterol level remain the same, i eat eggs my cholesterol level remains the same. My weight has been the same for the past 10 yrs zzz.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
stop listening to the health gurus - they're nuts themselves.doctors are the worst nuts to believe in. listen to your own body.that's the best bet!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eggs have always been good for eatz whether they're chicken eggs, salted duck eggs, salmon roe, sea urchin uni (YUMMY!!!), quail, orluak. No bones, no scales, easy to cook, raw is also good, the most natural nutrient source after mother's milk.

Anyone ever had turtle eggs? Aw fuck, if not for them being endangered, they're fucking deeeelicious. I don't take these anymore because I'm now pro-conservation. But I remember having them as a kid in Mersing, they were soooooooooo goooooood! Okay, 2morrow morning, its soft boiled eggs sar liap, and white toast. Cant' wait to wake up!

Cheers!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I nv eat eggs my cholesterol level remain the same, i eat eggs my cholesterol level remains the same. My weight has been the same for the past 10 yrs zzz.

my good bro,

unless you have your cholesterol levels checked regularly, please be aware that cholesterol levels do not correlate to the body weight. one can be skinny has still have high cholesterol levels, similarly, one can be plump and have decent cholesterol levels.

there are 2 types of cholesterol we're looking at here, the LDL levels are looked at and when we say people have high cholesterol levels, we actually imply that the person has rather high amounts of LDL in the body, which is bad; low cholesterol levels means low LDL levels.

and conversely, a decent amount of HDL in the body can be rather beneficial =)