• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice on Brompton

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of buying a Brompton bike.

However, I know zero details about what model, price, suitability etc etc on Brompton.

I have watched a couple of Youtube videos on Brompton. I do like the lightweight characteristics.

Can anyone who is well versed in Brompton bike advise me on:

1. What is the entry level Brompton bike model and price?

2. Should I get entry level or maybe something in the middle range? What is the cost? Any "compulsory" accessories to purchase?

3. Does Brompton comes with a suitcase specifically designed to store the Brompton, so that in the event I want to bring it abroad, it's easily done?

4. Any useful information about owning a Brompton for a novice?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Brompton bike ? Imuho any bike is a bike so long you can peddle in comfort.
Offer $10 to gansiokbin disinfect it and adjust the seat to a normal human level will do. Disinfect the seat thoroughlee.
Screenshot_20220410-182207_Carousell.jpg

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Brompton bike ? Imuho any bike is a bike so long you can peddle in comfort.
Offer $10 to gansiokbin disinfect it and adjust the seat to a normal human level will do. Disinfect the seat thoroughlee.
View attachment 147063
Sorry. I am not interested in this sort of bicycle. It's not my style. Not a snob, but seriously it is not my personality. :ninja::speechless:

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am thinking of buying a Brompton bike.

However, I know zero details about what model, price, suitability etc etc on Brompton.

I have watched a couple of Youtube videos on Brompton. I do like the lightweight characteristics.

Can anyone who is well versed in Brompton bike advise me on:

1. What is the entry level Brompton bike model and price?

2. Should I get entry level or maybe something in the middle range? What is the cost? Any "compulsory" accessories to purchase?

3. Does Brompton comes with a suitcase specifically designed to store the Brompton, so that in the event I want to bring it abroad, it's easily done?

4. Any useful information about owning a Brompton for a novice?
Brompton is over-rated and over-priced. Using internal sturmey archer gear system, a bitch to service and repair. Also, too many Brompton clones these days. But their folding system is good. Else, go with Dahon, Tern. Can easily fix, mod and upgrade components with many readily available brands.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brompton is over-rated and over-priced. Using internal sturmey archer gear system, a bitch to service and repair. Also, too many Brompton clones these days. But their folding system is good. Else, go with Dahon, Tern. Can easily fix, mod and upgrade components with many readily available brands.
What do you recommend, say for me I want to cycle around Singapore in a lightweight but good average performance foldable bike? Eg cycle to Changi Point from Marina Bay Area.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, how much is the entry level new Brompton bike?