• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Adidas ‘Pride 2023’ women’s swimsuits appear to be modeled by a man

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Adidas ‘Pride 2023’ women’s swimsuits appear to be modeled by a man​

By Shannon Thaler
May 17, 2023 4:42pm
Updated

Adidas this week launched its “Pride 2023” swimwear collection, advertising bathing suits on its web site under the “women’s” section with the help of a model that appeared to be male.

One of the bathing suits — a colorful one-piece called the “Pride Swimsuit” that was being advertised for $70 — was being shown off by an apparently male model who also was also displaying a noticeable bulge in the crotch area.

An accompanying video on Adidas’ site shows the model sashaying in the one-piece, with the camera at one point zooming to reveal a patch of chest hair rising above the neckline.

It was unclear if the model identifies as a male or is transgender.

Adidas and Mnisi didn’t immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.

The new line by South African designer Rich Mnisi, dubbed “Let Love Be Your Legacy” and released ahead of Pride Month in June, is “a celebration of self-expression, imagination and the unwavering belief that love unites,” according to Adidas’ site.

In a press release on Monday, Adidas said the line “is inspired by a love letter Mnisi wrote to his younger self,” serving as “a rallying cry for active allyship to empower and champion the LGBTQIA+ community.”

Internet personality Oli London tweeted the screenshots from Adidas’ site on Wednesday morning with the caption: “The new Adidas Women’s Swimwear Range modeled by…men.”

By the afternoon, more than 1.1 million Twitter users saw the tweet — many of which were quick to slam the brand for going “woke.”

Among the replies was one former NCAA swim star and women’s rights activist Riley Gaines. “Women’s swimsuits aren’t accessorized with a bulge,” she tweeted.

Gaines continued: “I don’t understand why companies are voluntarily doing this to themselves. They could have at least said the suit is ‘unisex,’ but they didn’t because it’s about erasing women. Ever wondered why we hardly see this go the other way?”

In another reply, a user tweeted: “I have breasts, hips and no need for an extra pouch of fabric around my labia. I guess that means this bathing suit isn’t for me.. or most women. In which other instance do companies advertise to a demographic of ~1%? Women make up ~50% and we’re struggling lol! Make it make sense.”

The same user, who goes by June on the site, later responded that she “can accept” Adidas not wanting “real women as a customer,” but instead urged the brand to “sell it in an LGBT category” rather than marketing it as a women’s bathing suit.

The swimsuit isn’t the only clothing item in Adidas’ new Pride line labeled under “Women’s,” but seemingly modeled by males.

Women’s dresses, T-shirts, shorts and soccer jerseys touting “Love Wins” are also seen online being worn by models who appeared to be male.

Only the women’s plus-size clothing was shown on a model who appeared female.

“Maybe Adidas does not appreciate large trans models or skinny female models,” one user pointed out on Twitter.

Others cited the catchphrase, “Go woke, go broke,” which has gained traction since brands like Bud Light and Nike tapped trans social media star Dylan Mulvaney for partnerships, which ultimately led to boycotts and profit losses.

Last month, Adidas rival Nike tapped Mulvaney for a brand deal to promote the company’s apparel.

Mulvaney revealed the partnership in a series of Instagram Story posts wearing Nike’s activewear, including pants and a sports bra.

Nike faced outrage over its decision to have Mulvaney promote women’s apparel, and a “Burn Bra Challenge” ensued on TikTok.

“I’m running out of brands to wear,” another tweeted, while yet another said they wouldn’t be buying from Adidas again. “On to another brand that respects women,” the user wrote.

Source:https://nypost.com/2023/05/17/adidas-pride-2023-womens-swimsuits-seemingly-modeled-by-man/

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is absolutely disgusting. Luckily I wear Air Jordans.

gq%20may%202020%20michael%20jordan%20game%20worn%20shoes%20up%20for%20auction.jpg