• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A very caring Minister....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
ST_17324634.jpg
-- PHOTO: HONDURAS NATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITEE

<!-- story content : start -->
MINISTER for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan visited injured Honduran judoka Kevin Fernandez (right) and Honduran coach Juan Carlos Guanche yesterday at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

Kevin, 17, suffered a neck injury during the mixed-team final on Wednesday. He was rushed to the hospital and surgery was performed on his neck the following day.

Said Dr Balakrishnan: 'Kevin is receiving excellent support from Mr Guanche, who has impressed all of us with his personal, dedicated care for Kevin.

'A Peruvian volunteer, Mary Cahajuanca, has also been keeping him company and providing invaluable assistance with interpretation. I wish Kevin a smooth recovery.'

During his visit, Dr Balakrishnan discussed medical treatment with the doctors involved.

Kevin, who was ninth in the 81kg class, is making good post-operation progress and is still on painkillers.

He will be warded for about two more weeks to ensure that there are no further complications and to have his stitches removed. His parents will fly in to visit him next week.
CHAN U-GENE

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kevin, 17, suffered a neck injury during the mixed-team final on Wednesday. He was rushed to the hospital and surgery was performed on his neck the following day.

I wonder who paid for his medical expenses :confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I spent S$300m, I will be very caring indeed, not my money some more...expect more A.F.R.I.C.A.N's coming our way...FT's from A.F.R.I.C.A.....

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to worry, his medical treatment and aftercare will be fully paid for by the Government. In fact, I'm sure right now all the ministries, GRCs and CCs are soliciting donations for him. We must show the world we have first class service.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Patients at Singapore Buddhist Free Clinic cannot afford $1 consultation fee

PostDateIcon.png
October 26th, 2009 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Your Correspondent

From our Correspondent
The Singapore Buddhist Free Clinic has seen a rise in the number of patients seeking treatment in the last few months with some unable to pay for the token $1 consultation fee!

Venerable Sian Tong, who has worked at the clinic for more than 30 years, noted that the clinic has seen many contract workers made jobless by the downturn.

“We see a lot more people now who ask us if we can waive the $1 fee. It’s $1! Life must be hard,” he said.

The venerable’s assesssment is in stark contrast to the rosy picture painted by the state media.

Over the last few days, the spin doctors at SPH have been busy trying to convince Singaporeans that the good times are back again with news of employers hiring more workers and the prices of HDB flats hitting a record high.

Singapore’s income gap between the poor and the rich is the second highest in the developed world after Hong Kong, whose figures are skewed by the higher numbers of billionaires.

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew caused a furore lately when he commented during the Kent Ridge Ministerial Forum that the widening income gap is of “little importance” as long the government continues to create jobs for Singaporeans.

Though the unemployment rate remains low by international standards, there are concerns if the wages earned by the lower income group are sufficient to support a decent standard of living in Singapore where the cost of living has increased in recent years.

At the same time, the relentless influx of foreigners into Singapore has continued to exert a downward pressure on the wages of Singapore workers and contributed to the rampant inflation as well.

The Singapore Buddhist Free Clinic is a charitable organisation set up by local Buddhists. Based on the Buddhist teachings of loving kindness and compassion, its objective is to provide free medical services to the sick and needy, so as to relieve their suffering on illness and to help them leading a healthier and happier life.

Venerable Guang Sheng, who chairs the Free Clinic and is the abbot of the Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery off Sin Ming Avenue, expects the number of elderly patients to grow. His sights are now trained on keeping the clinic’s budget healthy, so the clinic can help more patients.

The Free Clinic, a registered charity under the Health Ministry, now spends $3.2 million every year to run its six branches.

Venerable Guang Sheng, who took over the reins last year from former Ren Ci Hospital chief executive Ming Yi, will perform in a charity concert next month to raise money for the clinics.

More information on the one-night Chinese orchestral concert, called Voices of Harmony, can be found on the Free Clinic’s website at www.sbfc.org.sg

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viviene only cares for FTs. It should be obvious by now. Maybe Viviene wants to head the UN one day so that he can have billions to spend instead of a few hundred million.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vivian and the rest of Pap has got their priorities all screwed up.

Vivienne and his PAP party comrades actually have their priorities well in place to fulfill their goals in live.

It is you who have your priorities well displaced. Instead of learning about the diabolical acts of a 50 year old monster you come forth here and spew nonsense!

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, when he was admitted to SGH, he was given priority of priorities treatment from x-ray to consultant and 1 or 2 staff nurse(s) next to him and the coach and the minder. immediate access to all stations.. and it is really IMMEDIATE V.I.P. access.

he won a bronze medal I believe. a little tussle broke out when a consent for surgery needed to be signed. The minder I believe is a Chinese local or china national was asked to sign together with the coach but the minder was against it as he was just a translator and he cannot be held accountable to it. Somehow, it was solved, I believe as consultants are authorized to sign on it.

Though some may be angry how come he was given V.I.P. access and attention, this guy i believe is on the verge of paralyzed neck down....

hope he recovers soon.

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_17324634.jpg
-- PHOTO: HONDURAS NATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITEE

<!-- story content : start -->
MINISTER for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan visited injured Honduran judoka Kevin Fernandez (right) and Honduran coach Juan Carlos Guanche yesterday at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

Said Dr Balakrishnan: 'Kevin is receiving excellent support from Mr Guanche, who has impressed all of us with his personal, dedicated care for Kevin.

'A Peruvian volunteer, Mary Cahajuanca, has also been keeping him company and providing invaluable assistance with interpretation. I wish Kevin a smooth recovery.'

During his visit, Dr Balakrishnan discussed medical treatment with the doctors involved.

Kevin, who was ninth in the 81kg class, is making good post-operation progress and is still on painkillers.

He will be warded for about two more weeks to ensure that there are no further complications and to have his stitches removed. His parents will fly in to visit him next week.
CHAN U-GENE

How come that caring Minister never visited me when I was in hospital due to sport injury?????:confused:

M

Man With Seven Scars

The minister is definitely caring, towards foreigners. :rolleyes: