• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Tribute To Good Old Forum Banter

jw5

Loyal
Where you and @ginfreely make love?

Where did Mark Yeo fuck your backside?

1655123206257.png

jw5

Loyal
In 2001 GE, WP only had 2 candidates - LTK in Hougang and Poh Lee Guan in Nee Soon East. No GRC candidates. :cool:

jw5

Loyal
from yahoo news:

GE2020: DPP pulls out; PPP's Goh Meng Seng says polls will be his last​

1655566772578.png

Amir Hussain
Amir Hussain
·Editor
27 June 2020·6-min read

People's Power Party founder Goh Meng Seng with Democratic Progressive Party secretary-general Mohamad Hamim Aliyas at the MacPherson Market & Food Centre on Saturday morning (27 June). (Photo: Christalle Tay / Yahoo News Singapore)

People's Power Party founder Goh Meng Seng with Democratic Progressive Party secretary-general Mohamad Hamim Aliyas at the MacPherson Market & Food Centre on Saturday morning (27 June). (Photo: Christalle Tay / Yahoo News Singapore)
SINGAPORE — With three days to go till Nomination Day, another opposition party has pulled out of the electoral race in a bid to avoid three-corner fights – widely seen to dilute opposition votes and favour the incumbent People’s Action Party (PAP).
The Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), which had plans to contest in the Bishan-Toa Payoh Group Representation Constituency (GRC), along with Marymount and Kebun Baru Single Member Constituencies (SMCs), said on Saturday (27 June) that it was pulling out of the election altogether.
Its secretary-general Mohamad Hamim Aliyas told reporters that after deliberating with some of the other opposition parties, “the DPP CEC is pleased to announce that we have decided not to contest in this election to avoid three-corner fights”.

Hamim made the announcement after a walkabout at MacPherson Market & Food Centre with People’s Power Party (PPP) founder Goh Meng Seng in a show of solidarity.
“The DPP fully supports the informal alliance between RP (the Reform Party), PPP and ourselves to continue to participate in Singapore’s democracy process,” he said.
Hamim added that his party will be helping other opposition parties in their campaigning where possible. “Insya Allah (God willing), we will continue our groundwork and prepare for the next election,” he added.
The announcement comes two days after opposition party Singaporeans First, or SingFirst, said it had been dissolved, with secretary-general Tan Jee Say saying the decision was made to avoid three-corner fights against other opposition parties.
“Opposition unity and cooperation have always been a guiding principle of our party,” Tan wrote in a letter posted on the party’s Facebook page.
“We believe a strong opposition is best achieved with consolidation. In this light, the central executive committee of Singaporeans First has decided to dissolve the party. The decision was not made lightly, but we believe that this move is in the best interests of Singapore,” he added.
There are 93 parliamentary seats up for grabs - 17 GRCs and 14 SMCs. A total of 10 opposition parties have indicated that they will be contesting in the polls. Apart from RP and PPP, the others are the Workers’ Party, Singapore Democratic Party, Progress Singapore Party, National Solidarity Party, Singapore Democratic Alliance, Singapore People’s Party, Peoples Voice and Red Dot United.
The Elections Department on Saturday said it has received a total of 226 applications for the Political Donation Certificate – a requirement for every candidate who wants to contest the General Election – before Friday’s application deadline.
People's Power Party founder Goh Meng Seng meeting residents at MacPherson Market & Food Centre on Saturday morning (27 June). (Photo: Christalle Tay/Yahoo News Singapore)

People's Power Party founder Goh Meng Seng meeting residents at MacPherson Market & Food Centre on Saturday morning (27 June). (Photo: Christalle Tay/Yahoo News Singapore)

Goh Meng Seng has ‘no expectation’ going into campaigning​

Meanwhile, PPP founder Goh has said that he will be contesting in the MacPherson SMC.
Asked by Yahoo News Singapore for his view of the incumbent MP, Goh said, “I think Tin Pei Ling is a nice lady. She has done a lot of grassroots work in this area. I hope she will continue to do it whatever the election outcome.”
He added, “However, what I can do is what she cannot do in Parliament - that’s (to be) a very strong voice and (to engage in) policy debates on all aspects of the economic policies as well as the social policies.”
Pressed by another reporter on how different he would be from Tin, Goh said, “She's under the same party. How else do you expect her to be more critical about the own party policies.” He added that with a background in statistics, “I can contribute more in the parliamentary service for the nation”.

Goh also told reporters that this would be his last GE contest. He had first fought in GE2006 in Aljunied GRC as part of the WP’s then A-team, including WP chairman Sylvia Lim and academic James Gomez, garnering about 44 per cent of votes. The results heralded Lim’s entry into Parliament as a Non-Constituency MP.
Then in GE2011, he contested in Tampines GRC as secretary-general of the NSP, with the team garnering nearly 43 per cent of ballots. And in GE2015, he founded PPP and contested in Chua Chu Kang GRC, winning about 23 per cent of votes.
Asked by Yahoo News Singapore how confident he was of winning a seat in the House this time round, Goh said, “I always go into a campaign without any expectation because this is Singapore. Sad to say: because this is Singapore.
“If I always go into an election expecting to win, I will not be contesting now. Because after losing three times, you still want to waste money? Nobody would do that.
“But it's always for the country. What I think is needed. As a countercheck and balance to the government in whatever aspects of the policies. And I believe from my training as an economist and a statistician, I have that capacity to do it.”
On three-corner fights widely seen as diluting opposition votes, Goh said, “I’m one of those who have been working very hard for the past two weeks to persuade, to mitigate, to mediate between parties to avoid three-corner fights. I've done my best. Whatever will be will be.”
Asked about releasing his manifesto, Goh said, “The simple campaigning manifesto is already there: A strong united Parliament. Mediocre leaders: do not give them more powers. It’s dangerous to give them more powers. Because for every single mistake they make, it will cost us a lot: (nearly) a hundred billion (dollars – to tackle COVID-19) and 41,000 infections. That is a result of (a) single mistake...
“Do we still want to give them more power? No, we should give them more checks. And the checks will come from a strong Parliament.”

jw5

Loyal
from fuckwarezone:

October 30th, 2021

Ever since I revealed that I will be leaving my beloved birth place SG soon, quite a number of people, some are just FB friends whom I have not met before, private messaged me.

Some are curious where I will be going and whether it is for good? Some had tried to persuade me to stay or at least continue to do my Thrice weekly GMS Live Policy Chats. Some even ask how can they leave SG without being Vax….Some even ask me whether I will contest next GE.

I have been in opposition politics for 20 years, having another 8 additional years of policy study, analysis and commentary.

I have basically given all my prime years to policy and politics. It is about time to reset my priorities shifting away from public to more personal and family focus.

Whether we like it or not, the political landscape is extremely limited and only PAP LITE/Like opposition parties are acceptable to majority Singaporeans’ appetite. Singaporeans are after all, trained to focus on economic materialistic gains and stability rather than more ideological pursue of a vibrant diversity with vigorous checks and balances supported by effective institutional Separation of Powers.

Token opposition to make meek noises in Parliament is all they need. As Singaporeans are not trained in critical thinking from young, even less on politics other than PAP’s self glorification propaganda, group thinking is the main stream in Singapore.

Everything will work perfectly well in normal prosperous times but when a great crisis just befallen on us, even the supposed Ruling Elites wouldn’t know how to react and handle. This is because, this is something “out of the norm”, not something taught in text books or with any viable SOP.

PAP is extremely good in politicking and tweaking the laws by never ending tightening its grip on power. They are even better in propaganda and manipulating public opinions.

However, when the imminent enemy is not human but a microscopic virus, no amount of propaganda or gripping of power via manipulation of laws will help them.

The incompetency will just be exposed numerous times throughout this period. The more threat PAP faced from this tiny virus, the more anxious they are in tightening their grip on power by destroying all adversaries from individual dissidents, activists, alternative social media and eventually, the opposition politicians.

When PAP slowly lose their credibility and public trust by their incompetent mismanagement of Covid crisis, the more they will need to destroy their adversaries, so that whoever left to contest against their power, will be mediocre or mild players with no alternative media to help them in next elections.

Although I have made progress in upping my own political profile during this period of time but it will be just a matter of time they will turn their guns against me.

They have strengthen their legal ammunition with POFMA, FICA and if these are still insufficient, ISA will always be the last resort.

On the other hand, Singaporeans will forever that docile. I love my fellow Singaporeans but I will never put any hope on them to stand up against PAP’s tyranny.

Thus, I do not think there is any meaningful reasons for me to continue in opposition politics unless I am prepared to sacrifice my political principles and vision, just play along as a court jester by being just a meek voice in Parliament. In Chinese, that is called 政客混饭吃.

I can only see decline in Singapore as the system has failed to produce the vibrant environment necessary for real good leaders to nurture. Rent Seeking is just too rampant which will turn meritocracy into a mythical bluff of delusions. The current leaders’ mediocrity is just the beginning of the great decline.

I may continue to do Live Chats in future but will refocus to things from my other interests, beside policy and politics. I may even give Dharma or Spiritual talks if I have the time!

But the main priorities will be starting new businesses, earning more money, traveling more to see the world etc.

The World is my oyster. I shall no longer restrict myself to this tiny Red Dot anymore.

Hopefully before I reach 70, I can enjoy my last golden period fullest and retire with greater wisdom to achieve Nirvana. Living a life once is good enough, don’t want to live any more lives in this universe anymore.

Goh Meng Seng