• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nice cool morning

Screenshot_20171227-072640.png

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Breakfast need to intro.
perfect brekfast for this cold weather.

ต้มเลือดหมูคุณศรี พัทยากลาง
Central Pattaya Rd, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150
081 778 9517
https://goo.gl/maps/HbNkQ1YbnfQ2

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Driving now 3pm still 21degC outside car aircon set at 26 basically blowing warm air lol

IMG_20171227_151257.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone including big boys are concern about ugly cables hanging outside their house or shops. Its either fire hazard or electrical power outage or internet outage or life electrocution for motorcyclist.

This morning 5 am. Till now 15:17 local tome, Power only partially restored. Many business affected as this is a crowded area behind tuk com in south pattaya.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This one fresh on 24 December. See clip gor know got die or not.

This one container trailer. Never even go near. One kiss can be very fatal. In Pattaya not so much these container trailers, but lots of tour bus and Sip Lors (10 wheel lorries).

Tour bus drivers can be very hia (sia lan). Its better to stay far far.

lemontree

I would like to enquire from any brothers especially Pi Froggy regarding owning a LEXUS in Thailand. Only in Bangkok & a few other provinces, they have a main show room cum service center. I am staying in Chon Buri which does not have one. I have enquired with Toyota service center if they can service LEXUS vehicles which they reply yes but no guarantee on the workmanship & the cost will be higher.

I am interested in the NX300h, since the only other hybrid SUV available in Thailand is the Nissan X Trail Hybrid. I saw some articles mentioning the Fortuner is coming up with a Hybrid but till now still a myth.

Also if you can advise which insurance is cheaper after the 2nd year, since the first year insurance comes free together with the initial purchase price. I have checked before with some insurance company but found that the yearly insurance after 2nd year also cost over 100,000 THB which is quite costly if we compare that with a new Fortuner that is about 25,000 THB – 30,000 THB notwithstanding the fact that Fortuner (top model) is roughly half the price of NX300h only. However, the insurance for NX300h is not proportional but more than double.

Paying for the price of the SUV is one thing but I find it really a waste of money for the insurance since I have been driving in Thailand for about 13 years (half the time) while my wife all this time without a single time claiming insurance for my Fortuner & V Cross due to any accidents. Except for my V Cross spare tyre (was locked) stolen when I parked at Big C (Homepro) Pattaya during its one month old period (red plate). I realized when you get a new SUV or pickup, better to keep your spare tyre at home until after changing over to the normal license plate from the initial red plate issued especially so if you park your car in any of the hypermarket in Pattaya.

Lastly, for the 24 hours road side assistance, does LEXUS really keep up to their word especially when you are in a province without LEXUS branch/service center?? For Volvo, I heard from my neighbor if your car involved with accident or break down, they arrange a car at the spot temporary for you to use till the repair is over.

Any brothers have any advice or comment, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, why your ho gai siow all so far from Thappraya?
Ok Tomorrow I try to promote Thappraya and Pramtamnak area good food. Not alot na. Used to stay at Tara Court for almost a year. Really not easy to find good food. My old hiso favorites is cabbage and condoms, Pan Pan and Sugar Hut.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok Tomorrow I try to promote Thappraya and Pramtamnak area good food. Not alot na. Used to stay at Tara Court for almost a year. Really not easy to find good food. My old hiso favorites is cabbage and condoms, Pan Pan and Sugar Hut.
Pratumnak Hill too !

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

This one fresh on 24 December. See clip gor know got die or not.

This one container trailer. Never even go near. One kiss can be very fatal. In Pattaya not so much these container trailers, but lots of tour bus and Sip Lors (10 wheel lorries).

Tour bus drivers can be very hia (sia lan). Its better to stay far far.
This one whose fault ?