• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Turns out the limit isn't set by the account holder but the bank. Now i think it's the same for most atms in sg which is 2k per day. 20k baht is quite a small amount of around 850-900 sgd i think the limit that one can set in posb account is the internet bank transfer thing.
The limit IS set by you with the banks. Local banks usual is 2-3K per day.......but you can request for higher limit....my limit is 5K with all the local banks. But need to do 5 x withdrawal.
Likewise thai banks also have this usual normal limit i think is baht 50K per day but you can set it higher.
So if i go to LOS and use my sinkie ATM card......i can withdraw baht equivalent SGD 5K per day....only need to withdraw a few more times.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro chon

Ride safe, yah? Drunk and riding moto-sai a bit risky...

What was the penalty? Fine only? Do they have demerit system like sinkieland?

chok dee laew
hihihi, i have been doing that for years. short distance go buy beer or ciggies no wear. long distabce if must use main road or road i know got mata i will wear.

that's the problem, i no longer think like sinkee liaoz. not even 50-50. now 100% thai liaoz. sabai sabai, jai yen yen.
legs and elbows got so many 'decorations' liaoz still no scare. 2 weeks ago got one scary accident near my kopitiam. russkie on a 250cc hit lamp post and body cut into 2 equal half. go google jomtien motorcycle accident. i dont want to post cos' me scare of looking. l just want to be happy everyday.

penalty is 1 bottle of sang som. actually 2 cos' first bottle not enough.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah, come to think about it. me no longer sinkee mind and behaviour liaoz. if you guys remember, i still have the sore throat. knn, thats one year ago. hihi everynight drink and party, very fast surrender ic. but i don't care liaoz. just enjoy everyday.

i don't care how old i live, just care how happy i everyday. now no.2 not here, i really unhappy. no one can make me happy now.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fuck lah. i give all ny shares to no. 1 lah. i very sianz liaoz. i start new again.
Chon, life goes on. Guess this has to do with your plans to move elsewhere (like north with #2)? Look on positive side, you not kena ponzi scheme.

PS, what was you last 2 thai script about (that got NW excited?):p

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chon, life goes on. Guess this has to do with your plans to move elsewhere (like north with #2)? Look on positive side, you not kena ponzi scheme.

YY, me only 2 things can excite me....fucking pussies and pappies

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i now realised i love no. 2 more. i am business partner with no. 1. i will give up my business interest here. no big deal, i originally came here with nothing. :smile:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
not u realise u love no.2 more. its just that ur love for no.1 had cooled, and no.2 is more new, therefore generate more interest.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The limit IS set by you with the banks. Local banks usual is 2-3K per day.......but you can request for higher limit....my limit is 5K with all the local banks. But need to do 5 x withdrawal.
Likewise thai banks also have this usual normal limit i think is baht 50K per day but you can set it higher.
So if i go to LOS and use my sinkie ATM card......i can withdraw baht equivalent SGD 5K per day....only need to withdraw a few more times.

ok dude I understand what u mean here now. But still the max in every single transaction is 20k b and its nuts to withdraw till 5k sgd with max 20k b the amount of 150 and 5sgd in fees.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok dude I understand what u mean here now. But still the max in every single transaction is 20k b and its nuts to withdraw till 5k sgd with max 20k b the amount of 150 and 5sgd in fees.

Like the bros mentioned you can try the AEON ATMs....no B150 charge.
Another way is to go to bank counter withdraw in person....no charge but this way there's slight difference (lower) in exchange rate.
Also you can use oub sg card to withdraw from oub ATMs there.

Not all atms B20k per transactions btw....some banks ATMs dispense 25k....AEON Atms dispense 40k per transaction.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this song is me and no.2 song. yeah, she like hokkien songs since she is an ah lian. this song we played loud loud with the windows wind down along sukumvit road. me really miss her. sad sad sad

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hTisve3ewQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another of our favorite song. cos this one have both clash and kal version.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wMdiGzHQrDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roti, AEON's yippun alright ..into malls. Leakage 3.75% is cost (price) of convenience. But unsure if MC/Visa exch rates beat local money changer. Plastic rates are lousy, and for MC/Visa this is a major revenue stream. But then one can't be carrying oodles of stash around :p

The rates I get for Visa/MC beat local money changers - benchmarked this many times against say Superrich's rates. Visa/MC rate itself is close to interbank rates; it's the banks that tack on the 3% because Visa/MC hits them with surcharges so the banks pass on the charges to you. My bank chooses to absorb the surcharge so net net, I can beat moneychanger's rates. Not a Singapore bank because Singapore banks are all vultures.

AEON does a lot of hire purchase business in Thailand e.g. loans for motocycle, car, personal loans etc.