• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nong singer of milf

5661EEE6-E755-435B-8F7E-7CD074CBB9DC-1466-0000033EC31BDC97_zps7382cd55.jpg

I still confuse, this is in Dempsey?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok the motorcycle accident wound dry liaoz but still cannot bend the elbow too much. left hip also a little pain.

if you guys remember i had another motorcycle accidents some time ago. yeah, the wound is exactly on the same area, only this time is left elbow. so now both sides 'balance' liaoz. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no leh, my wife clever. ask me to mao the number. if kena, half half with her. no kena, i pay the 4d money.. mao wed, sat and today. no open.. sianz..

if kena, report fake account (boh kay siao), say only buy 1 or 2 dollar nia. the rest can become private room money for othwr investments. if investments makes $$$, can give wifey more rite.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still confuse, this is in Dempsey?
Yes, next time can pop over from your wine place. TWD at Dempsey has been around near 4 years. Used to have this new branch at Suntec, but now no more due to lease and major refurbishing. Also not sure if other at east coast parkway survived. Microbrewery place.

http://www.dempseyhill.com/tenants_Tawandang.htm

Live music from 730pm with thai ensemble of band, singers and dancers (tues-sun). Occasionally, they bring on Carabau band over for 1 nighter. Was there fri and sun night with a thai visitor.

Can bring your guests without stigma of local HFJs, lady drinks and sleaze associated with other thai bar joints in town. I get -10% discount on my TWD Bkk card (-15% at hq)

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bangkok is synonymous with crazy traffic jam however there are some roads that's a pleasure to drive. One of them is across Kanchanaphisek Bridge part of the outer ring road of Bangkok. Just drove through this afternoon after lunch with customer. Here's a short video

[video=youtube;IRECD8U3MoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRECD8U3MoI[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
About 4 to 5km after the bridge on the right you'll be met with a gigantic bronze 3 Headed Elephant sitting on top of a pedestal. I was told this is where the Mercedes Benz factory is located. Here's the elephant.

[video=youtube;Cfs7EYfMoO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfs7EYfMoO4[/video]

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to see Pi chon and joe back again. With you guys here definitely narsomjai tisut. I will be following the thread tuk wan.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
About 4 to 5km after the bridge on the right you'll be met with a gigantic bronze 3 Headed Elephant sitting on top of a pedestal. I was told this is where the Mercedes Benz factory is located. Here's the elephant.

[video=youtube;Cfs7EYfMoO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfs7EYfMoO4[/video]

This is what I found in this website - http://www.flickr.com/photos/miek37/7006026008/

and I quote

[h=1]Three headed elephant, Bangkok, Thailand 2008.[/h] Airavata, a.k.a. Erawan - A huge, three-headed elephant statue standing upon an equally gargantuan pedestal is the first, and last, thing you see when visiting Samut Prakan's Erawan Museum. It's a splendid, towering beast: 250 tons in weight, 29 metres high, 39 metres long, and cast in a pure green-hued copper. From conception to completion it took almost ten years to construct. With a proud, war-like demeanor and trunks the size of ancient Banyan Trees, this is an epic image of Hindu mythology's Airavata (otherwise known as Erawan) you'll never forget.

7006026008_f7474efe77_z.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This huge, three-headed elephant statue standing upon an equally gargantuan pedestal is the first, and last, thing you see when visiting Samut Prakan's Erawan Museum. It's a splendid, towering beast: 250 tons in weight, 29 metres high, 39 metres long, and cast in a pure green-hued copper. From conception to completion it took almost ten years to construct. With a proud, war-like demeanor and trunks the size of ancient Banyan Trees, this is an epic image of Hindu mythology's Airavata (otherwise known as Erawan) you'll never forget.
Did this Samut Prakan museum few years back. Majestic and iconic piece. Also interesting indoors. And you can seek your fortunes on the pond, ala loy krathong style (with small floats, lotus flower):p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Did this Samut Prakan museum few years back. Majestic and iconic piece. Also interesting indoors. And you can seek your fortunes on the pond, ala loy krathong style (with small floats, lotus flower):p

Oh a few years back, did the fortune teller's prediction came true after these few years?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. ha mor du aka look for fortune teller here. personally, i dont like. but almost all i know here like to consult mor doo. gf know i dont like so never ask me to go along.

my thinking is know already so what? dont know so what? if say good, then good lor. if say bad, then how har?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, next time can pop over from your wine place. TWD at Dempsey has been around near 4 years. Used to have this new branch at Suntec, but now no more due to lease and major refurbishing. Also not sure if other at east coast parkway survived. Microbrewery place.

http://www.dempseyhill.com/tenants_Tawandang.htm

Live music from 730pm with thai ensemble of band, singers and dancers (tues-sun). Occasionally, they bring on Carabau band over for 1 nighter. Was there fri and sun night with a thai visitor.

Can bring your guests without stigma of local HFJs, lady drinks and sleaze associated with other thai bar joints in town. I get -10% discount on my TWD Bkk card (-15% at hq)

The last time I was there it was a fucking Pinoy band!
Caught carabao's adhoc performance once...they were in town for another concert and were just chilling there when they jumped onstage and jammed a set.

The suntec one was there one loy krathong 1-2 years ago...the gf was taking part in miss Loy Krathong beauty pagent :biggrin:

Only complain regarding tawandeang here....the small size of the joints.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok my humble dinner. guess what? fried dao gua? but very aroi. thanks to the sweet black sauce and belachan chilli with my own organic lime. :smile:

20130424_180920_zps87fcc65a.jpg