• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand.

another cool morning. kns, last night machiam like never sleep like that. close eye open eye morning liaoz. now at shop.

Hi bro. Good everything started for you. I'm back in Bangkok but no trip to Pattaya until mid this year I am sure cos very busy. Hope you're enjoying whatever you're doing though the work may be hard. If you can get a good helper who is experience running such things will not only ease you but inject some expertise into the business.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Kop khun mak mak. Any Singaporen retired for good in Chiangmai Mai?

So far not seen anyone here in the forum already retired in Chiangmai however if you do have any questions please feel free to ask I am sure some of us here can give you information.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi bro. Good everything started for you. I'm back in Bangkok but no trip to Pattaya until mid this year I am sure cos very busy. Hope you're enjoying whatever you're doing though the work may be hard. If you can get a good helper who is experience running such things will not only ease you but inject some expertise into the business.
hehehe. i scare later blue belt sae gor (turn bad).

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal

any expert bros can share if foreigner (not work permit or PR) can apply ATM card with bank in BKK?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Quick and easy 1, just launder your stash via Cbfc. Good returns in kind :p:biggrin:

Wah YY, how can like that say?

Im sure Pi Joe can also work something out for him. :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

can like that say? ...Pi Joe can also work something out for him. :biggrin:
Just taking a dig at Chon, as he probably needs new venture capital for his next opening of arb nam joint. :p:biggrin:

Anyhow, for Pfingo ...hear it "varies" from bank to bank (on proving your residency ie work visa etc). Maybe can try asking UOB Thai? Anyhow, ThaiVisa forum has some (old) answers:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/228590-how-to-open-a-bank-account-in-thailand/

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Just taking a dig at Chon, as he probably needs new venture capital for his next opening of arb nam joint. :p:biggrin:

Anyhow, for Pfingo ...hear it "varies" from bank to bank (on proving your residency ie work visa etc). Maybe can try asking UOB Thai? Anyhow, ThaiVisa forum has some (old) answers:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/228590-how-to-open-a-bank-account-in-thailand/

Did I hear arb-nam? Where where where, when?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes this topic discussed many times before..........varies from branch to branch of same bank even.........
I knew a sinkie tourist on holiday who could open with his hotel room as address.....
was told Bangkok bank was the easiest.......now sure about the case now.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thai expat such as yourself should use the politically correct term.....Arb Orb Nuat :smile:
Heard of this name calling (politically correct ha!) by khun thais. Excuse my bad pasa thai, does this mean 'wash' err something?:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Pii Joe.....arb nam machiam a term used by sex tourists........
Thai expat such as yourself should use the politically correct term.....Arb Orb Nuat :smile:

The correct term now a days is "mor-nuat" knn macham atas sedikit

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Heard of this name calling (politically correct ha!) by khun thais. Excuse my bad pasa thai, does this mean 'wash' err something?:p

Wash = lang

Arb = pour or shower

Jacuzzi = Jacuzzi

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

literally means scented bath cum massage.......refers to the soapy kind of massage parlours :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You 2 are very very evil, Knn talk about such things so early in the afternoon. :biggrin:

one should always go to such joints as early as possible.......the 'masseur' will not be tired out yet and you get fresh abalone for the day........