• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro YY, this is a very well-taken pic. More of such quality pics please as I need them for designing menus.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More bang for your buck, with onset of low season? :biggrin:

TOURISM
New campaign to boost tourism during low season

June 10, 2015 5:01 pm http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nat...boost-tourism-during-low-season-30262046.html

Tourism Authority of Thailand has joined hands with local tourism associations to promote Thai people's travelling during the low season.

The campaign, "One Pack, One price," that will start next month until October 31 offers a package of 3 days 2 nights at a price of Bt3,000 to several destinations.

Chairman of the Association of Domestic Travel Yutthachai Sunthonrattanawet said pilot tourist destinations under the campaign include Samui, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phuket, Krabi, Hat Yai and Songkhla.

The package includes accommodation at 4-star hotel, meals and car rentals.

It is expected to help stimulate low season traveling and generate tourism revenue of around Bt40-50 million.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... More of such quality pics please as I need them for designing menus.
Compliment's undeserved. Not camera savvy, mine's just akin to "for the moment". Plenty NGs. With my trusty beat up Iphone 5 :o

On your menu project, why not try plentiful glossy pics in cook books or foodie sites online?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compliment's undeserved. Not camera savvy, mine's just akin to "for the moment". Plenty NGs. With my trusty beat up Iphone 5 :o

On your menu project, why not try plentiful glossy pics in cook books or foodie sites online?

These days with technology, there is no need to be camera savvy. What you need is the natural ability to compose your object. The rest can be done using editing tools. This thread is a foodie site online, bro. :biggrin:

You are not too far off, see:
F9C5E930-9F1C-4A21-83FE-ECAE87CB1294_zpskc7ctgzc.jpg

YY.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
At Nihonmachi this afternoon situated next to K-Village previously mentioned before. Nohonmachi is an area for Japanese restaurants.

Lunch in this Yakinikutan restaurant a Japanese BBQ place

The entrance

Dining

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Here comes the various cuts Japanese beef

Pork liver too

Some vegetables to eat with salad sauce or with meat

Like this

Or with roasted seaweed

Kimchi beef porridge - first time I have this the stock is fill with beef flavour like russian goulash

See the chunky but very tender beef

Hokkaido scallops

Price is very reasonable. $4100 baht or $165 with a bottle of sake and a bowl of kimchi both I missed to take photos

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today's slice of thai mango's ill gotten trafficking money :p

Amlo swoops on Manas assets
More assets worth 34 million baht owned by suspects implicated in Rohingya trafficking have been seized by the AntiMoney Laundering Office (Amlo).

Bangkok Post12 Jun 2015KING-OUA LAOHONG WICHAYAN BOONCHOTE

The latest seizure brings the total value of assets confiscated in the investigation to 109 million baht.

Amlo chief Pol Col Sihanart Prayoonrat said it was the fourth round of asset seizures in the people smuggling crackdown, and comprised 68 items, including a 4-million-baht bank account owned by Lt Gen Manas Kongpan — the senior army adviser who is currently being detained for his alleged role in the trade in humans.

Amlo also discovered that about 30 million baht had recently been transferred into another bank account belonging to Lt Gen Manas, Pol Col Sihanart said.

But it remains unclear whether the 30 million baht also came from human trafficking, he said.
“If police later find clear evidence to prove the money really came from the human trafficking business, it will be seized as well. But at this point it is still too soon to conclude how it was earned,” he said.

The money already seized from Lt Gen Manas is confirmed to have been transferred to him by a Rohingya trafficking broker, Pol Col Sihanart said. The broker earned his living through people smuggling, so it became clear that Lt Gen Manas was somehow connected with the human trafficking gang, the Amlo chief said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Defence Minister and army chief Udomdej Sitabutr revealed the Defence Ministry last week officially suspended Lt Gen Manas because of his arrest and prosecution in the criminal case. During his suspension, the ministry will stop paying Lt Gen Manas his salary, said Gen Udomdej, adding that if he is later proved to be innocent, the ministry would retroactively pay him the salary for the suspension period.

Lt Gen Manas turned himself in to police on June 3 after an arrest warrant was issued.
Lt Gen Manas was implicated in Rohingya trafficking after police searched the house of another suspect, Thanakan Molee, 24, in tambon Bang Rin of Ranong’s Muang district on March 31.

Officers found 26 bank books and other financial records detailing transfers to two of Lt Gen Manas’s accounts in Ranong from March 2013 to February 2014. They also discovered documents containing Lt Gen Manas’ bank account details.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arrived in Krabi. Took a taxi to hotel I know from google map its like 30km away anyway its 600baht.

Was surprised taxi took us to a pier instead and told us only way of excess is by boat.

At the pier
[video=youtube;D1czshFp9x0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1czshFp9x0[/video]

Had chicken drumsticks from this motorcycle stall

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arriving at hotel

The hotel back surrounded by cliff

Entrance to the room

Room

Bathroom

Balcony jacuzzi

View from the balcony

The room
[video=youtube;FQCWgkuT2pA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQCWgkuT2pA[/video]

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dear brothers and sisters
i want to bring my children to thailand
please intro me good child friendly hotels with:
1) indoor aircon children playground
2) children pool
3) children room

please xie xie brothers and sisters

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arrived in Krabi. Took a taxi to hotel I know from google map its like 30km away anyway its 600baht.

Was surprised taxi took us to a pier instead and told us only way of excess is by boat.

on the map can see a road leading from the resort.

When i visited krabi i also stayed at Ao nang area but mine was deeper inside so not easy to visit the main resort areas without a vehicle. Yours is a great secluded area far from all that with the sea view.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
on the map can see a road leading from the resort.

When i visited krabi i also stayed at Ao nang area but mine was deeper inside so not easy to visit the main resort areas without a vehicle. Yours is a great secluded area far from all that with the sea view.

Its very exclusive

[video=youtube;13srCmAtMj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13srCmAtMj0[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Drizzle a little, cannot go anywhere so just lunch in hotel restaurant

Krapow moo saab

Gaeng kheow waan

Khai jeow moo saab

Tomyam krung nam sai

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
As in all provinces in Thailand each province is divided into districts and then sub-districts. In Krabi province, the main tourism activities are centred in Ao Nang a subdistrict or town. As Krabi is a small province so everything here is small and simple and for Ao Nang the main action is along a mainstreet with pups, massages, restaurants, shops etc etc

[video=youtube;dKPrkpedOCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKPrkpedOCg[/video]

Shops along the main street

Ao Nang Police Station

So for us to go to town we have to take a hotel speedboat which takes about 10-15 mins to a pier and then 50 baht per person tuktuk to the town which is only 3.5km away.

Restaurant for dinner

Kangkong

Tiger prawns

Steam flower crab