• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first time driving a car in Thailand.
At least you driving same sinkie side. Try to avoid driving nights (trunk roads or expressways), can be goodamn blackout there. Did some night driving on snaky hilly roads CNX to Lampang (only 100km run), and no fun at all. And on dark wet roads, exercise caution. I last did Chiangmai/Chiangrai/Mae Sot run (and return) in humble Altis. Just be aware of some routine police checks Mae Sot/Chiangrai route (more due to golden triangle stuff)

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey joeyts, where is the kreung ten restaurant?

looks good.

Jah, drving in thailand (in city) i think is comparable to sg. jam everywhere. and people, or rather cars cut queue and they drive more fierce than sg. but, i will say, they are also very tolerant of people cutting queue. countryside, well, it's a nightmare in rural side. all i can say is suka suka got street lights, suka suka don't have.

well, next month i will be going on a road trip too. starting point is river kwai in kanchanaburi, drive past suphan, ang thong, and finally reaching pak chong. will be going palio, sheepland etc. also, will be there for 2 days to attend friend's wedding, then will travel down to wang nham kiew, chonburi and reaching pattaya. stay 2 days and finally drive back to starting point.

hotel, i had booked in pattaya 2 days starting sunday 17 nov. which bros is nearby to meet up?

wow sounds hardcore bro. I didn't drive that far just from the country area to my hotel and to a restaurant around 20km from my hotel and back.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Wah-lao, I already provided the coordinates, just google la 13.834184,100.608382 give you exact location pin point accuracy

Your coordinates point to the car park not the building. He'll probably get lost.

Is that your Isuzu?

attachment.php

13.834184.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Your coordinates point to the car park not the building. He'll probably get lost.

Is that your Isuzu?

View attachment 12634

thats the building boss, Thai big restaurants always have humongous car parks that's the only way crowd will come. So very often the pic of the carpark overwhelms the building same as Nathong restaurant that I frequents.

joker my V-Cross much more chio. That day I posted was driving the RX.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 1st Miss Universe Myanmar in 53 years

Hehehehe. Almost forgot I used to post in Thai thread. Paiseh to the bros who pm me and I no respond earlier. think I responded. If miss out anyone, pls forgive me lah.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gam siah to the bro who brought the tao kuas and also feel happy to know another new friend. And also paiseh about a friend's tragedy. Hope everything OK Lah.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Weather updates.

Hehehe. Finally raining season over. Last 2 day no rain. Thursday one really jialat.Luckily my place is on higher ground. My potted plants got some casualty. Some plants cannot submerged. The only plant doing well now are my mosses and ferns. And also my African ivy.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

This is a very nice and authentic Japanese restaurant and not pricey

The Japanese I was entertaining last night said even this roasted bean dish is rare

This may look normal but its not, in the middle is unagi eel

This beef is sooooo succulent

Now this is simply raw egg and raw minced wagu

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sawadeekarp !
Greetings to all old bird road-runners in LOS :smile:
Is the kingdom mourning the loss of the 19th Supreme Patriarch of Thailand , Somdet Phra Nyanasamvara ?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Can anyone teach me how to speak Thai? :biggrin:

you must cut your tongue first
seal your vulval mouth for one month
stop infarting people mindlessly
the thai will go to your shithead
even that you must pray a million times for repentance....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

251B8833-96B8-4DD1-B0B2-9B4B6B540DC3-2233-0000031C4AD760DD_zps028e17f8.jpg

客家小炒 (Hakka)
5E011FCE-9CCD-44F4-96DF-97ECB119A64B-2233-0000031D67550C45_zpsdde08bee.jpg

Sweet Potato leaves

Beef

Fried fish

Salmon Fish Head

Above all in Taipei's Shi Lin Night Market

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah-lao, I already provided the coordinates, just google la 13.834184,100.608382 give you exact location pin point accuracy

How much thai did you pick up before you felt comfortable driving in LOS:confused:

I would like to drive in LOS but have zero knowledge of the language.