• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1st Miss Universe Myanmar in 53 years

ok! all the thailand gang pls come out!

me going to khao yai, and possibly pattaya on Nov 14 to Nov 23. anyone near me during this period?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

may be, it should be " Any one going there or near those two cities during that time?"

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Were you there when this happened? :biggrin: What did you do? I must admit, very creative :biggrin:
Aiyah Singaporeans also like that sometimes (or many times)

My philosophy is that if don't impact me, I don't care. Indians' problem is for Indian ambassador. S/he sure kena everytime kutuk when meet other diplomats during party. Only the Chinese ambassador gets it worse.

why would chinese ambassador get it worse?

I noticed one thing and am asking you. You ever notice shit skins somehow get away with their fuckedup behavior?

Like everyone knows how china ppl are like and hate them for it but somehow shit skins behave worse or on par and they don't get that type of hatred. For some ppl the min they see china ppl they just show them hostility and that's it. Yet i believe thats not the case for shit skins.

It's sickening to know that some ppl probably hate chinese ppl just for being chinese

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

me going to khao yai, and possibly pattaya on Nov 14 to Nov 23. anyone near me during this period?
How accesible is khao yao from krungthep? Never got around to do it so far. As for Patts, you have our resident Chonburi for pints:p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: slice of thai mango 10/9

Today's slice of the thai mango :p

Shades of sinkie COE in Bangers to come? Unsure if the solution lies in rid of lau pok kais off the roads

traffic.jpg

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/373511/fee-hike-looms-for-old-vehicles

Love story by ex Jap monk in LOS

ex monk.jpg

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/373547/the-other-side-of-the-story

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm beginning to get sick and tired of this type of food now

German sausages & sauerkraut can be boring especially if you have it everyday:biggrin:
Try finding a place that serves Wiener Schnitzel.

Many of us take for granted "chinese food" until we have to do without. In Pattaya I often go to Leng Kee for the simpler chinese food. There's only so much Japanese & Italian food I can take. :o

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why would chinese ambassador get it worse?

I noticed one thing and am asking you. You ever notice shit skins somehow get away with their fuckedup behavior?

Like everyone knows how china ppl are like and hate them for it but somehow shit skins behave worse or on par and they don't get that type of hatred. For some ppl the min they see china ppl they just show them hostility and that's it. Yet i believe thats not the case for shit skins. It's sickening to know that some ppl probably hate chinese ppl just for being chinese

it's an accepted fact all around the world but closer to home, you'll find the older folks asking their grand children not to mix with them due to "ah neh chow chow" and pariah bastards comments whilst in reference to this thread, the comments from the thais in the shops, massage parlours, chicken farms, restaurants etc are never complimentary if you understand patois thai.

I'm sure they know the sniggers and remarks aimed at them for their smell and anti-social behaviour but they are also blessed with thick skin in adopting the bo-chap and ignorance is bliss "who me? attitude.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

German sausages & sauerkraut can be boring especially if you have it everyday:biggrin:
Try finding a place that serves Wiener Schnitzel.

Many of us take for granted "chinese food" until we have to do without. In Pattaya I often go to Leng Kee for the simpler chinese food. There's only so much Japanese & Italian food I can take. :o

Found a saviour yesterday in the beautiful medieval town Rothenburg yesterday for lunch.

null_zps0eb61998.jpg

today drive about 250km to the wine town Rudesheim. It's 6.25pm now, ready to go for the local wine soon.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Found a saviour yesterday in the beautiful medieval town Rothenburg yesterday for lunch.

null_zps0eb61998.jpg

Looks yummy. How much did it cost you:confused:

When I was in London I remember eating at a chinese restaurant & it was pretty bad. After that experience I decided to avoid chinese & went with fish & chips and MacDonalds.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Looks yummy. How much did it cost you:confused:

When I was in London I remember eating at a chinese restaurant & it was pretty bad. After that experience I decided to avoid chinese & went with fish & chips and MacDonalds.

Yummy? Naaaaaaaa. But its ok I must admit. About S$12.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arrived in Rudesheim, wine area, this afternoon from Rothenburg about 230km away. This is our dinner tonight

Cost only 38 Euros or S$64 cheap right? Our meals here mostly between 20-60 Euros not too bad.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After diner passed by a "fun" joint full of american retirees having dinner there and some fun too. But I felt like I'm in a community centre.

[video=youtube;eW4M4hZD-CQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4M4hZD-CQ[/video]

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ok! all the thailand gang pls come out!

Khao yai is very popular during this period. Make sure u get your rooms booked beforehand. A very nice place. A paradises for nature lovers But can be quite boring for those who prefer city lifestyle. Past by many times But did not stay overnight. Last overnight trip must be at least 5-6 years ago. Also take note of some of the steep slopes when driving. If others don't speed, then Don't speed. Some of the sharp bends are on Steep slopes. Have to go on low gear.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Slice of thai mango 26/9

Ah Tiongs tourists now make a whopping 3-4mil annually (up 80% from last year), no less helped by popular Lost In Thailand movie. Chiangmai's also a top destination, quite evident in touristy and backpacker areas like Moon Mueang (near Tapae Gate).

And more direct air services from Beijing, without hassles of transfer in BKK

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/374112/air-china-eyes-chiang-mai

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TGIF on 62 year old lady trying to claim 1st prize loter bht2mil

Lottery 'winner' presents fake ticket

lottery.jpg

Published: 11 Oct 2013 at 13.12Online news:
A woman who attempted to claim a first-prize at the Government Lottery Office by presenting a ticket with a fake number pasted on it was quickly arrested - but claims she was cheated by the ticket vendor.

Thawee Sawanate, 62, a chilli trader in Kalasin province, showed up at the GLO headquarters in Nonthaburi on Thursday afternoon to claim her first prize for the Oct 1 draw, worth two million baht.

However, the official who received the ticket and examined it found it was forged, with the winning number pasted on top of the actual numbers on the lottery ticket. The attempted fraud was reported to police and Ms Thawee was quickly detained.

She told the police that she bought the ticket from an unknown woman on Oct 1 in Kalasin for 110 baht. The woman vendor approached her to buy the ticket, saying she had only two lottery tickets left. So she bought one.

When she checked later she was excited to find that her ticket number had won a first prize, so she went to register her win in Nakhon Phanom, where she also went to see a cousin.

Later, she and five cousins went together to claim the prize at the GLO office and filled in her information on the claim form.

Ms Thawee said she did not know her lottery ticket was a fake until the police arrested her.

Pol Lt Nattawut Mingmuang, case officer at Nonthaburi police station, said she was charged with forgery and use of a faked document, for which the penalty was six months to five years imprisonment and/or a fine of 1,000 to 10,000 baht.

Ms Thawee denied the charge, insisting she had been deceived.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Khao yai is very popular during this period. Make sure u get your rooms booked beforehand. A very nice place. A paradises for nature lovers But can be quite boring for those who prefer city lifestyle. Past by many times But did not stay overnight. Last overnight trip must be at least 5-6 years ago. Also take note of some of the steep slopes when driving. If others don't speed, then Don't speed. Some of the sharp bends are on Steep slopes. Have to go on low gear.

This is interesting, one of these days i will sure make a trip there. Thinking of going with friends with 4x4 to get acessories there. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

This was what happened about 5-6hrs ago at the Brussels palace square after Belgium wanna place in the Brazil World Cup against Croatia 2:1. Really fun and I got pretty pissed with lots of beers too.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

This was what happened about 5-6hrs ago at the Brussels palace square after Belgium wanna place in the Brazil World Cup against Croatia 2:1. Really fun and I got pretty pissed with lots of beers too.

You machiam runroad to Europe. Longer than any vacation I've been on :biggrin: I take 5 days already boss kow-peh-kow-bu.
Coming back or not?