• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

guys anyone know why german and russkies buay song each other?

got any history or not?

Bro Chon

Both countries long history... Germany invaded Russia during world war 2 after the both were part of Axis nations which fought against the allies. Germany almost conquered Russia but was stopped and pushed back until Russians and US fought Germany all the way to Berlin which was then split into the west and east Germany during Cold War after Germany surrendered to allies.

Not be surprised could be bad blood as their grandfathers possibly fought each other during WW2 and also during Cold War Germany was split but has since become European big brother economically since reunification.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro Chon

Both countries long history... Germany invaded Russia during world war 2 after the both were part of Axis nations which fought against the allies. Germany almost conquered Russia but was stopped and pushed back until Russians and US fought Germany all the way to Berlin which was then split into the west and east Germany during Cold War after Germany surrendered to allies.

Not be surprised could be bad blood as their grandfathers possibly fought each other during WW2 and also during Cold War Germany was split but has since become European big brother economically since reunification.
bro panzer, thanks for the info. as most of you know, my shop is the only non-russkie joint out of 8 shophouse. i do get a number of german customers and one of them told me they will never step into any russkie joint.

anyway, i have both german and russkie frens here, but know more russkies than germans. anyway, i dont care lah, come into my shop is customer liaoz.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cook requesed for a no. 8 stove so went to get another one. this one not the normal home use stove. more for zhi char. again, got turbo charge one. :smile:

20130224_103900_zpsd158539b.jpg

also got a 4kg lpg tank for backup. i now have total of 3 gas stove and 1 induction stove for boiling water.

20130224_103909_zpsd73de4e1.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. can. if my cook cook one is standard price. i cook one is double cos' machiam guest appearance like that. guess what? you cook also can but triple price cos' thats rental of kitchen equipment. :p

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. can. if my cook cook one is standard price. i cook one is double cos' machiam guest appearance like that. guess what? you cook also can but triple price cos' thats rental of kitchen equipment. :p

Ok boss, your territory, you call the shots :smile:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hehehe. honestly speaking, me also tone down a little bit after spending whole day in the kitchen. not the most pleasant to work. hot, narrow and oily. hundreds of cooking utensils and ingredients. empty plates, bowls and spoons etc. waiting to be washed.

in short, not easy in a commercial kitchen compare to nice home kitchen.

cooking is easy but buying the stuff, prepare the ingrendients was a chore. that why i lazy and eat at mom almost everyday. wife cooking hopeless. i been a hawker assistant b4 as a kid, i know what it like to be a kitchen help. thankless job and the cook get all the credits.

but i do sometime help my mom prepare ingredients so that i can learn how to cook a certain dish.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

cooking is easy but buying the stuff, prepare the ingrendients was a chore. that why i lazy and eat at mom almost everyday. wife cooking hopeless. i been a hawker assistant b4 as a kid, i know what it like to be a kitchen help. thankless job and the cook get all the credits.

but i do sometime help my mom prepare ingredients so that i can learn how to cook a certain dish.
I like to prepare and cook, I dun mind washing, but I hate washing fork and spoons, i dunno why, LOL

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hows everything on your side? peaceful? or peaceful scary?

Cool, everything's cool. Still not broke the news about the gift yet. Been doing some searching and kindda like it myself.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Europeans used to stick signs in their territories in china that says "Chinese and Dogs Not Allowed" since you are ppersonally ok and welcome Germans and Russians you could stick a sign that says "Sinkies Not Allowed"

bro panzer, thanks for the info. as most of you know, my shop is the only non-russkie joint out of 8 shophouse. i do get a number of german customers and one of them told me they will never step into any russkie joint.

anyway, i have both german and russkie frens here, but know more russkies than germans. anyway, i dont care lah, come into my shop is customer liaoz.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Europeans used to stick signs in their territories in china that says "Chinese and Dogs Not Allowed" since you are ppersonally ok and welcome Germans and Russians you could stick a sign that says "Sinkies Not Allowed -Except SBF kakis"

edited abit, swee boh?