• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After 2hrs of marketing time for last pitstop before heading home

A14B41E2-8E1F-451E-A315-D880478D40C9-10873-0000020C85BE4C76.jpg

So just finished the beehoon at this stall. Video shows the busy surrounding, this is what I'll call Chinatown.

[video=youtube;tBBhuGZc9t4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBhuGZc9t4[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Very humble towkay don't show Rolex King knn not even G-Shock. Ok better don't disturb u now driving.

hahaha. got you! it's sunday here.I know cos' its the cook's day off and have to cook my own breakfast. :(

here's a snapshot taken moments ago.

20130203_084949_zps5ac3d04e.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sunday morning driving in Bangkok is the best

[video=youtube;zZgSqG0lPiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgSqG0lPiI[/video]

ok I'm 7mins from home now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok I saved this video until now so that I could upload it in HD with wifi connection.

This is the 7am scene in Yaowarat market, busy busy busy, this is what I call a real Chinatown its not just the shops its the life, full of life unlike the sterile "Chinatown" selling only souvenirs and shops man by PRCs.

I hope you guys enjoy these videos this morning.

[video=youtube;KblQtaMNfGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KblQtaMNfGU[/video]

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is Friday in Toronto, and it must be Saturday in Thailand, not Sunday!

Aiya, rawang na pii, somebody might come in and say you not really in Toronto loei. :biggrin: Anyway I oso confused many times here what time, there what time, someplace else what time. We should all move to one single global time. After all, if Australia can have winter in June, we can get used to it being pitch dark at 10 am.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok I saved this video until now so that I could upload it in HD with wifi connection.

This is the 7am scene in Yaowarat market, busy busy busy, this is what I call a real Chinatown its not just the shops its the life, full of life unlike the sterile "Chinatown" selling only souvenirs and shops man by PRCs.

I hope you guys enjoy these videos this morning.

[video=youtube;KblQtaMNfGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KblQtaMNfGU[/video]

Very nice. Reminds me of wet markets when I was a kid. One more thing I like about Yaowarat is the old kopitiams in the backlanes. Older people will speak teochew in addition to Thai.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20130203_084949_zps5ac3d04e.jpg

looking at this pic, just realized i have been using the S3 with left hand. remember iphone, i still use right hand.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pi Chon, u Mao already issit? How yo link your watch to the phones u are using har?:biggrin:
hehehe. no mao. cos me wondering why i took off watch to take photo? cos used to using s3 with left hand liaoz. and i wear my watch on my left wrist. if dont take out how to take har? :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The result of today's marketing,

Steam pomfret
null-458.jpg

Shells cooked with Thai herbs
null-1716.jpg

The spread
null-2013.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. my dinner. paiseh. too aroi so i eat first before taking pic.

20130203_194609_zpseed79e45.jpg

today just had fight with small one. anyway, ex-small one is coming back. either one, i dont care a damm cos' really too tired for anything else except my kopitiam.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one final chore before i go zzz. prefer old school style if sharpening my tools of the tradem new type (roller) not as good as the good old stone type.

C360_2013-02-03-21-43-08_zps7e70332a.jpg

wayanggedek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just joined, I'm from Malaysia, I find this is an interesting thread, I like to visit again.

The above photo looks threatening.