• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dont be fooled by my posts. actually i severely overwork and underpay. now very jialat. pong chek everynight and have to turn down all my friends invitations.

You folks are humble.
Congratulations to brother [choburific] and brother [joetys] as well as others who have made it in the "LOS" and enjoying the success of their hard work and entrepreneurship.
May you continue to enjoy good health, prosper, and succeed in your endeavours.
Gong xi fa cai

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You folks are humble.
Congratulations to brother [choburific] and brother [joetys] as well as others who have made it in the "LOS" and enjoying the success of their hard work and entrepreneurship.
Gong xi fa cai

Gong Hei Fatt Choi ; Gong Hei Fatt Choi

Good health to you too bro charlie99

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am curious as to why you posted in the Cantonese version, rather than Hokkien or Teochew (I forgot what is gong xi fa cai in Teochew).

Thought plenty of Cantonese up in the True North Strong and Free so chosen this language to greet you.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You folks are humble.
Gong xi fa cai
morning charlie. just realize i habe forgotten most my chinese new year greetings.

wishing you and all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
here's a cny promotion shopping brochure from big c.

20130202_053114_zpsbc0ef6c1.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some thoughts on my first fnb venture.

1. real hard work (first to wake up to open shop and last to rest as need to close shop)
2. lots of unforseen small expenses especially the kitchen stuff (have sorted out most)
3. the satisfaction we got when customers commented our food is great. (think got a long way to go)
4. lots of comments (both constructive and unconstructive ones). some are outrighr negative. i do take the negative ones seriously and see if they are valid and good for the biz.
5. lots of fun especially the screwups. :p
hopefully the manager and cook able to stabilise the shop in 2 months time and i will hand over to them. then i will start on a new investment.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
You folks are humble.
Gong xi fa cai
Happy New Year Chonburic, Charlie and Joetys.

Last edited:

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
some thoughts on my first fnb venture.

1. real hard work (first to wake up to open shop and last to rest as need to close shop)
2. lots of unforseen small expenses especially the kitchen stuff (have sorted out most)
3. the satisfaction we got when customers commented our food is great. (think got a long way to go)
4. lots of comments (both constructive and unconstructive ones). some are outrighr negative. i do take the negative ones seriously and see if they are valid and good for the biz.
5. lots of fun especially the screwups. :p
hopefully the manager and cook able to stabilise the shop in 2 months time and i will hand over to them. then i will start on a new investment.

How much capital is needed to set up a business like yours brother?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brother [chonburific],

Do you wish to consider eating or making whole wheat bread available?
I believe that many caucasians prefer whole wheat toast.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brother [chonburific],

Do you wish to consider eating or making whole wheat bread available?
I believe that many caucasians prefer whole wheat toast.

hehehe. yes, you are right. most caucasians requested wholewheat. we do serve whole wheat toast but this set for me and i prefer white bread. :p