• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup, I'm back to my apartment. Went to the basement to drive to work, at the gate security refused to allow any cars to leave explaining that just 1km away was hit by flood between knee and waist level. Told us to go home wait and see till afternoon. I didn't believe him but better to be safe than sorry.

Now I believe him, just look out my window saw downstairs condo BBQ area all flooded.

null-533.jpg

Thats one serious ponding.

Well, at least you have more time on sbf now.

But hands off the blue belt hor, jut in case later gotta work.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Interestingly, beer Chang going for $10.90 for 6-pack in NTUC compared to $13+ for 6-pack Tiger... It takes me 1 week + to get through 6 cans as I am not really a drinker though have attended beer/wine/cocktail appreciation classes when I had more hair on my head...kekek...

After trying both, still find Tiger nicer partly because brewed in Tuas so fresher. But Beer Chang is cheaper so just drink for fun.

In Thailand Heineken is right there on the top level produced by APB. In the lower rung will be brands like Tiger (APB) and Singha (Boon Rawd). Then lower will be Beer Chang (Thai Bev) and LEO (Boon Rawd). Of course there are other brands even lower but not common.

In tourist places like Pattaya and Hua Hin you find more farangs (angmoh) drinking Chang than Singha. Chang is quite tasty with high alcohol content I think its almost 7% like out Guinness Extra Stout. I like Chang because with thhis higher alcohol content its just nice with lots of ice. Chang's main competitor will be LEO which is in the same class and pricing level. It'll be interesting to know if the exported Chang that you are having has the same higher alcohol content.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Thailand Heineken is right there on the top level produced by APB. In the lower rung will be brands like Tiger (APB) and Singha (Boon Rawd). Then lower will be Beer Chang (Thai Bev) and LEO (Boon Rawd). Of course there are other brands even lower but not common.

In tourist places like Pattaya and Hua Hin you find more farangs (angmoh) drinking Chang than Singha. Chang is quite tasty with high alcohol content I think its almost 7% like out Guinness Extra Stout. I like Chang because with thhis higher alcohol content its just nice with lots of ice. Chang's main competitor will be LEO which is in the same class and pricing level. It'll be interesting to know if the exported Chang that you are having has the same higher alcohol content.

Last post before i start working.

Chang here is about 5%, but i prefer Singha over Chang. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thats one serious ponding.

Well, at least you have more time on sbf now.

But hands off the blue belt hor, jut in case later gotta work.

Here's a picture on the road 2km behind my office taken by my salesman on his way to office.

null-536.jpg

This is the road I take to office about 4km from my condo

null-1377.jpg

knn how come you know I got a bottle of blue belt from Suvarnabhumbi Airport yesterday? hmmmmmm good reason to open now but already got a big bottle of Hennessy that I just opened last night and finished 1/4 liao.

null-826.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last post before i start working.

Chang here is about 5%, but i prefer Singha over Chang. :biggrin:

Confirm liaoz, Chang export & domestic is different. Yes Chang is a rough drink. Very popular in the upcountry among the farmers.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Reporting from Jakarta, rain from last night still refuse to stop, past 1 hour getting heavier. Was told authorities are forced to release water from a dam close to Jakarta because water is threatening to overflow. This release had now caused the highway to and from the airport to be flooded and closed. Sounds like its gonna get worst.

I'm still stuck in my apartment having a simple lunch

null-305.jpg

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro joetys

Relative to your scrumptious pictures of cuisine, porridge and luncheon meat is indeed simple. :-)

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very bad luck today. Sit beside this fuck up ahneh sitting like this with filthy feet.

null-1178.jpg

No fucking conscious
null-1325.jpg

Really cannot tahan to see the bottom of his feet so changed seat

null-602.jpg

damn low class

what the hell is wrong with me today keep seeing Indian feet

thought BE coming dont want to bash ah neh due to political correctness. :biggrin: but see liao cannot tahan, really not civic minded!!! uncivilised shit face gang rapist from cowdung land!!!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand people here in Jakarta likes to do that, never heard of this before and never know why they do it, is that really true?

nabei... redbull from LOS but thais dont use redbull as cocktail?

redbull make the beer sweeter but the kick come very fast. my friends and i use to drink baron with redbull when we were in poly. those day boh lui, so this one way to high fast.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very bad luck today. Sit beside this fuck up ahneh sitting like this with filthy feet.

No fucking conscious

Really cannot tahan to see the bottom of his feet so changed seat

damn low class

what the hell is wrong with me today keep seeing Indian feet

See it's typical behavior of shit skins and they will fight with you instead of feeling ashamed of their behavior or call it racism.

See you need to ignore assholes that call you racist but totally ignore that shit skin's behavior and the majority of them behave like that.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. eat snake a little bit. tonight have test run at shop. now doing last minute shopping.

btw, last night before closing shop, sold 2 bottles of leo even shop not open yet. :smile:

on the redbull thing, go easy on this. try to drink in moderation.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reporting from Suvarnabhumbi Airport

Close up

null-1629.jpg

Wtf i think it must have shocked you seeing her walking barefoot inside the airport and then later having to see another shit skin's bare feet like that. Holy good lord.

See how tough her feet are walking barefoot in bkk where the streets aren't so clean but definitely much cleaner than shit land's streets.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah wah, that means only one thing..

today will drink more lah. :biggrin:

but hey, sometimes a good rest is very important.

Take care bro, and yes don't have to stock too much Tiger beer. Machiam atas farang joint, stock some and markup high high. :biggrin:
hahaha. how you know har? tonight must revenge! and compensate last night loss of alchohol intake.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Chonburifc congratulations to you on your new venture. Even I don't know you I am very excited for you now that you have everything in place except for that baker. Also thank you for your kind and encouraging words to me so far.

Can I say something from my observation about you, I know that you enjoy life and take things easy with all those posts of the bars, makan and drinking like the other guy here joeyt but lately you have been so busy to do useful work for yourself and your new business, like yesterday you no time and too tired to drink. I like to suggest for your health maybe you need to find more work and new ventures to keep you busy and away from frequent alcohol. Sorry I so busy body and I hope I did not just jeopardized my chance to seek employment with you in future.

Lastly bro chonburifc is it possible for you to PM to me your opening date and location, I would like to send a gift to congratulate you for your official opening.

hehehehe. thanks for the advice. anyway, too serious liaoz leh. in all my ventures, i don't get involved in the day to day operations. but initial startup will be done by me while my partners and managers continue to run the existing biz. my target for this shop is 3 months and after that, i will pass it to a manager to do it.

think i felt tired cos' has not been working hard for close to 1 year liaoz since my branch office started.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hehehe. why you say chang until like that har? my favorite beer leh. btw, joetys is right, chang is a blue collar worker or farmers drink.

there are 3 more brands lower class than chang, one is call 'archa' or horse brand, the second one is 'cheers' and another brand i forgot the name.

for higher class one, there is one call 'fedebrau' but my advice is stick to heineken or singha.