• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today's weather is not so cold only 17degC but felt warmer. Just had a simple lunch with the missus

null-945.jpg

null-547.jpg

null-663.jpg

null-2289.jpg

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
had 2 expresso at new shop. me the cook, waiter, cleaner, cashier and customer. all in one.:smile:

testing new machine.

yo bro,

how is ur shop? when opening? at where? maybe i drop by. got discount card bo? or just say my sbf nick can have buy 1 get 1 free?

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro joetys

Your "simple" lunch looks very delicious...hehe.. Simple to me is brown rice + 2 veg + 1 tofu meal..hehe....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joetys,

Is it true foreigner are allow to own only 49% not 51% any biz with Thai partner, has an offer send to me for a Resort in Kho Samui, asking price is around THB 420 million land is freehold, land size is around 0.6 hectare.

Thanks for the insight on Thai govt foreigner investment policy in advance......:smile::smile::smile:

Hey buddy, it is true that foreigners cannot be majority owner of anything. As for land, foreigners cannot even own 1 sqcm let along 49%. But a company with foreign shareholders can own land for business purpose however the business cannot have foreigner being the majority (in the first place no company can unless for special reason). Also any company that has foreigner as shareholder regardless of percentage is not allowed to seek financial help from banks in Thailand so everything has to be funded from overseas or the Thai partner(s) who may have his own financial facilities from local banks.

By the way almost all land in Thailand is freehold.

chucky, I am not familiar with resort investments so I am not able to help you here. However what I could do is give you an idea of land cost in Bangkok and I hope it will help you somehow.

Commercial land in downtown like Sukhumvit/Sathorn/Silom is anyone's guess because not much is available now and so if its available the prices could be vary a lot from the last land sale price. But I could give you an idea of the commercial land price in he Ratchayothin area which is also a very busy area north of Bangkok. If traffic is smooth its only 15 mins drive to downtown. (Ratchayothin is a junction between two major roads, Ratchada and Paholyothin this is a highly sought after commercial and condo residential area.)

0.6hectre = 6,000 sqm = 3.75 rai = 1,500 sqwa

Cost of 0.6 hectre = 460mil baht => 1 sqwa = 280,000 baht

Past two days I asked around and found out that prices there ranges from 150,000 to 250,000 baht per sqwa.

The above prices I gave you is only land and no building but then very often a developer will not care about the building as they will tear it down.

If I look at your information plainly, I will of course say the cost of 280,000 baht per sqwa is very high and after all its in a remote island however its not a fair comparison as you are talking about buying over a business.

I believe you have your way in making your business decision while I hope my info can be of a small help to you.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to a very interesting place for tze-char dinner tonight, resembles a typical hawker centre above a market.

This is the name of the stall
null-1821.jpg

On the 3rd floor of this building (2nd floor is a wet market)
null-1673.jpg

No beer glasses, for beer they give you this
null-2332.jpg

null-909.jpg

This is sooooo sweeeeet, eaten cold
null-779.jpg

This tomatoes from Hangzhou is marinated with a very nice sauce (eaten cold too)
null-1895.jpg

French loaf toasted with pork on top
null-2288.jpg

Deep fried pig throttles with special sauce
null-2329.jpg

梅菜蒸猪颈肉荷叶糯米饭 (Mui Chye pork neck with glutinous rice baked in lotus leaf)
null-1955.jpg

here, you can see the rice
null-2116.jpg

Salted fish pork fried
null-1745.jpg

Eaten like a butger
null-1794.jpg

Cheese broccoli
null-1859.jpg

Pig stomach vongole soup
null-400.jpg

null-1720.jpg

This is the crowd, this place need to book. I saw many couples join tables with others
null-1980.jpg

Drop off at 北角 MTR station and exit at A1 look at your 10 o'clock opposite the street you will see the building.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe did you go to causeway bay? How about LAN Kwai fong?

Was at Causeway Bay for dinner on New Years Day near Time's Square in a very good Cantonese Restaurant 新斗记 which is a Micheline listed restaurant. It was really good and inexpensive.

Will be going to the Peak this evening for some photo taking tonight then will come down to Lan Kwai Fong area for dinner and some drinks. I don't particularly favour this place because I prefer the normal Cantonese food while in Hong Kong. During my 1 year posting here in the past I rarely go to LKF for any meal.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Past 5 mornings with Thai partner and family so every morning breakfast in hotel restaurant dimsum. Yesterday they all gone back I now have change to eat where all Hongkongers have their simple breakfast.

Having this now
null-1245.jpg

Ourside this shop
null-1306.jpg

Along a side lane
null-1865.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, nothing beats hole-in-the-wall brekkie ..with scrumptious yu tiao (thai version so tiny...) :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joetys, nothing beats hole-in-the-wall brekkie ..with scrumptious yu tiao (thai version so tiny...) :p

Wahahahahahaha indians have small pricks Thais have small yutiao wahahahaha

After breakfast went to a street wet market along Reclamation Road, love to do this in every city.

null-2226.jpg

Saw an Indian provision shop selling many imported stuff from India and Pakistan
null-722.jpg

No longer can see this in Singapore anymore
null-2029.jpg

Fresh seafood also cannot see this in Singapore
null-2280.jpg

Spent a lot at this stall buying dry scallops, oysters, sea cucumber etc etc for myself and family members in Singapore.
null-2456.jpg

To top off my morning marketing had a small pot of salted fish minced pork rice. HEAVENLY!
null-538.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Past 5 mornings with Thai partner and family so every morning breakfast in hotel restaurant dimsum. Yesterday they all gone back I now have change to eat where all Hongkongers have their simple breakfast.

Having this now
null-1245.jpg

wao lao... uncle, u realli make me saliva cum out.

i can eat this for bf everyday till i kong off.:smile:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wahahahahahaha indians have small pricks Thais have small yutiao wahahahaha
street wet market along Reclamation Road, love to do this in every city.
On small weenies, even birds fail to land :p

HK has this mix of old charm, contrast with modern concrete. Market scene in every place is interesting and good window to appreciate local culture.