• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sawat di khrap to all senior bros here :-)

pom cheu panzer khrap
khon singapore khrap

It's great reading the posts about life and food in Thailand.

I'm considering to "retire" in Thailand when I think my CPF and personal retirement funds are sufficient in another 15 years time. Picked up some conversational Thai a few years back and am doing self-study to learn to read Thai now to prep myself.

Plan to start doing some simple recce visits from next year onwards.

Would love to hear from bros how to learn written Thai?

Cheers and have a great day in LOS. :-)

khorp khun khrap
sawat di khrap

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Its 9.10am when I took this video, still foggy.

At the start of the video is my room, a bigger unit compared to the others. They've got 2 such units here. The other 10 units are smaller as you go along the video you can see the smaller units and the interior. These cost US$39 with tax for non aircon rooms and I believe just slightly more for aircon.

Environment nice right? Fog is clearing up now as the sun is beating down very hard.

[video=youtube;A0MOk8Ycjns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0MOk8Ycjns[/video]

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
romantic place...good food....affordable prices.....lets double date la....you bring dashuangxi and i'll ask tracy.

Then can switch partners right? Then can threesome and foursome too, fuxx the combination can be like buying 4D man.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

pom cheu panzer khrap
khon singapore khrap

I'm considering to "retire" in Thailand when I think my CPF and personal retirement funds are sufficient in another 15 years time. Picked up some conversational Thai a few years back and am doing self-study to learn to read Thai now to prep myself.

khorp khun khrap
sawat di khrap

Our Thai is not so good so can speak engrish here in this thread la.

1. Learning to speak thai best and qickest way is with your Thai girlfriend. Written is can be self taught with a little coaching or call Chonburifc he knows many teachers willing to impart.

2. Retiring here means you can stretch your retirement funds and with quality standard of living, quality of living in Singapore is questionable and very subjective to affordability.

3. Thais are nice people so this is a plus.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Learning to speak thai best and qickest way is with your Thai girlfriend.
Aka long hair dictionary. Personalised tution does noot come cheap though:p Not sure of cbfc, he can hijack your gik ...but then he now got his hands full, cannot handle big/small/medium 1s:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aka long hair dictionary. Personalised tution does noot come cheap though:p Not sure of cbfc, he can hijack your gik ...but then he now got his hands full, cannot handle big/small/medium 1s:p

What I meant when I recommended CBFC is he constantly need to get rid and pass on so can help him take over.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Envious... Pai's a popular destination (especially for romantic getaways) after thai movie Pai in Love. Was chio last minute post xmas, but unable to "cash in" on offer :p:wink: Kns, miss that khao soi with the trimmings

http://wikitravel.org/en/Pai
Last time there was 2 years ago....see if i can find the photos to post.....at my age i cannot tahan the long winding trip.......next time go must take helicopter.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pom cheu panzer khrap
khon singapore khrap

khorp khun khrap
sawat di khrap
hehehe. sawats dee

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recce mission at na kluea.

20121218_114034.jpg

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our Thai is not so good so can speak engrish here in this thread la.

1. Learning to speak thai best and qickest way is with your Thai girlfriend. Written is can be self taught with a little coaching or call Chonburifc he knows many teachers willing to impart.

2. Retiring here means you can stretch your retirement funds and with quality standard of living, quality of living in Singapore is questionable and very subjective to affordability.

3. Thais are nice people so this is a plus.

Khun joetys

1. khorp khun khrap for the tip. :-) find a puying suay mak to teach each me then ... heheh..

2. That's what I think is the trend. Retirement funds and especially if rent out own home in Singapore goes very very long way even without considering CPF Life and own retirement funds income. Inflation in SG is 4-5%. Bank interest is 0.10%.

3. Singapore is already 40% foreigners (counting PRs, EP/WP holders, etc..), true blue Singaporeans already minority when you take MRT here.

4. With internet access, SKYPE etc, easier to keep in touch with folks in SG

Have a great week. :-)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Khun joetys

1. khorp khun khrap for the tip. :-) find a puying suay mak to teach each me then ... heheh..

2. That's what I think is the trend. Retirement funds and especially if rent out own home in Singapore goes very very long way even without considering CPF Life and own retirement funds income. Inflation in SG is 4-5%. Bank interest is 0.10%.

3. Singapore is already 40% foreigners (counting PRs, EP/WP holders, etc..), true blue Singaporeans already minority when you take MRT here.

4. With internet access, SKYPE etc, easier to keep in touch with folks in SG

Have a great week. :-)
Don't wait liaoz. The more you wait the more you lose.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of my favorite singer will be performing at Differ on X'mas eve.
20121218_112137.jpg

here's the mv. Kid Mark (Think too much)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZRQXFiAc8yQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what Differ look like during day time. Hi-So place. Paiseh to park my hybrid there.

20121218_112145.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
small one finish liaoz. went back to the north. :( No one quarrel with me for over one week liaoz.