• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I wear a 400 years old Khun Paen amulet.........so everyone says saneh very geng mak mak.......damage is the hotel room only...and CDs
If the amulet dun work I got more tricks up my sleeves.....nam man prai (corpse oil) etc all i have.......

Waaaaaaa I shall now start calling you Arjan Narong

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wow pi chon and joe seems like you eat all your meals at restaurants especially joe, i know chon eats at many road side stalls. The food looks pretty rich and do you guys drink beer with all your meals?

Jah mine is mostly business la . . . . . but tonight for my Singapore partner and his family, still its considered entertaining I guess

I still like a simple white porridge with ikanbilis

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Do u dabble in this arjan and amulets, takruts, sakyant stuff? There are actually many singaporeans that have interests in this and practice this from many thai arjans.

No way mate. Don't believe in this stuff as its also against my belief to do so. However I always think that its dangerous to be involve with something you cannot see and control. I grow up with a next door neighbour who is a bomoh. Nice Malay family. The father told us that these gongtao stuff always make the owner/master die a terrible death because the "gwee-kia" or spirits will do their best not to allow the master/owner to die when they need to die because no one will take care of them so this makes the master/owner suffer during death.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
today nice weather. will be going to homeworks or numchai to take a look at some fruit/vege blenders. any recomendations? me is the type always easily convinced by salesgirls.:biggrin:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me is the type always easily convinced by salesgirls.:biggrin:

buy one for the salesgirl and tell her you will come round everyday to drink juice

that's what happen to me, I gave one to my girl and she brings juice to my place everyday :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw this blue fanta that looks like detergent. try try, not bad,

20121122_122105.jpg

If you like soda, some time in the future you'll be seeing the Coke Freestyle machines in BKK. One machine - 125 flavors. My favorite is Coke Orange.

cokemachine.jpg

cokemachine.jpg

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is corpse oil related to the story of khun paen?

He had 2 wives i think and he turned one of his unborn children into a kumantong or a baby ghost aka kwee kia. His pregnant wife died in childbirth so he had to use a knife to cut open her belly to remove the child if i remember the story correctly.

FYI the word khun paen is not only his name but in thai it means philanderer. Therefore when you wear a khun paen amulet it basically means you're using it to attract females aka philandering.

must be brave n mad to that kind of things....so basically it is to charm the opposite sex..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
since ee on on the topic of amulet, just pass by this amulet boxing service stall outside big c. name of the shop happen to be call 'se joe'. se means big brother.

20121123_111524.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you like soda, some time in the future you'll be seeing the Coke Freestyle machines in BKK. One machine - 125 flavors. My favorite is Coke
hehehe. i not a fan of soft drinks but have it once in awhile.

just bought both tefal juicer and blender from homeworks. will be having more homemade fruit juice.

now just short of actual fruits and ice. bros, any recommendations?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOS got starfuit + juice? No funnies, but it's good for you. Tau liang, just as fei chai soi (aka beer) :p
thanks yy, yes got star fruit here. me thinking of adding carrot since i always kena carrot. :biggrin:

now problem is how to use these 2 machines??? just now never pay attention when salesgirl explaining. :p

20121123_134611.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw how is the fast food like in thailand?

I like their kfc chicken cos they have one type of kfc chicken it's not the sg spicy version but it's super spicy but i'm not sure what it's called that one tasted really good.