• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOS ah long name cards. Here no such thing as LML, only illegal ones. Interest is 20% per 25 days.

20121120_112231.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
went Thailand during my police days. had lunch in a Thai temple with a off duty Thai police man as invited by the monk. he commented sg police like small kid.

Aiya, once again, your this type of posting made me miss Ranseth again, sigh

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These open air concerts are hotspot for fights. Need men with guns to take care of the potential troublemakers. Believe the concert is sponsored by the navy for some occasion.

Not advisable to go alone or without the locals. If die die must go, make sure you hang around near the exit, in case of pia chui.

My first experience then was during a SAF reservists end of overseas exercise dinner cum concert in the camp.....all the thai military guys drunk and dancing......jostling for the pretty thai singer on stage.......knn joking gestures became haywire when one of the guys (RP at the camp) pulled out his pistol waving around....and fired few rounds in the air!!! nabei all the sinkie guys jump for cover under the tables!!! finally an cool thai officer walked right up to the him slapped him hard and wrestled gun away....guy was taken away.......then as if nothing happened party carried on as per normal.......

After a few times of seeing such incidents i also seasoned and dun dive for under the tables liao :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
不要害我 . These numbers not mine lah. This profession strictly for locals nia.
Pii Chon i am sure you know how to spot the runners......uncountry the standard attire is rider and pillon both in black......usually speeding point to point for collection........illegal machiam legal.......everyone gives way to them on the road.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My first experience then was during a SAF reservists end of overseas exercise dinner cum concert in the camp.....all the thai military guys drunk and dancing......jostling for the pretty thai singer on stage.......knn joking gestures became haywire when one of the guys (RP at the camp) pulled out his pistol waving around....and fired few rounds in the air!!! nabei all the sinkie guys jump for cover under the tables!!! finally an cool thai officer walked right up to the him slapped him hard and wrestled gun away....guy was taken away.......then as if nothing happened party carried on as per normal.......

After a few times of seeing such incidents i also seasoned and dun dive for under the tables liao :biggrin:

Sound like a Western movie bar scene Pii Narong . . . . . during my exercise Crocodile I met a local medic lance corporal, he'd been to 2 tour of duties in Aranyaprathet (80s - Vietnam invasion of Cambodia and Vietnam border raids into Thailand) got shot once and waiting to go for his 3rd tour, can you imagine still a lance corporal.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii Chon i am sure you know how to spot the runners......uncountry the standard attire is rider and pillon both in black......usually speeding point to point for collection........illegal machiam legal.......everyone gives way to them on the road.
Even the mata kia also their loyal customers. But not easy job cos' collection is everyday.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sound like a Western movie bar scene Pii Narong . . . . . during my exercise Crocodile I met a local medic lance corporal, he'd been to 2 tour of duties in Aranyaprathet (80s - Vietnam invasion of Cambodia and Vietnam border raids into Thailand) got shot once and waiting to go for his 3rd tour, can you imagine still a lance corporal.
The officers i met then came up from other ranks types.......so a LTA or CAPT already in their 30s at least......very experienced soldiers almost all with real combat experience. Our SAF scholars stand next to them looked like school kids. I had an thai master sgt driver who used to drive ammo to the frontline.......shared with me his funny and danger stories......

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The officers i met then came up from other ranks types.......so a LTA or CAPT already in their 30s at least......very experienced soldiers almost all with real combat experience. Our SAF scholars stand next to them looked like school kids. I had an thai master sgt driver who used to drive ammo to the frontline.......shared with me his funny and danger stories......

See....i am right again. Thais got balls while sinkies are cowards. Why am i so hard to be wrong.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To be honest i think most militaries around the world would make sinkie soldiers look like kids especially those higher ranked ones that have 0 combat experience.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Joetys salah liaoz. Bmx did not stay in my car. Just ride 3 big rounds around neighbourhood. Taking a break at friend's place now with the 2 LEO beers. Good thing here is ah pek ride bmx also not malu. Even got motorcycle taxi complimented the bmx (not rider).

20121120_192436.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawadeekarp !
How's everyone in LOS ?
Missed those gold old days during Ex Crescendo in Sai Yok Camp :biggrin:

Sawasdee Krup Spotter. As always, I'm very fine as you can see from my posts.

Aiya, Kanchanaburi's Sai Yok camp yes brings back memories for my Exercise Crocodile, the chow-guay (black ice jelly) and hot beer, ya really missed it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Good morning everyone :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sawasdee krup AK! What's for breakfast this morning?

Understand that the new iPad comes with the "lightning" connection like iPhone 5 do you have any idea if its already in the shop?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup AK! What's for breakfast this morning?

Understand that the new iPad comes with the "lightning" connection like iPhone 5 do you have any idea if its already in the shop?

The new iPad with retina display comes with lightning connection machiam iPhone 5.

Can order them from apple store, will deliver within the week.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The new iPad with retina display comes with lightning connection machiam iPhone 5.

Can order them from apple store, will deliver within the week.

I know can order but I need to buy it these 2 days here in bangkok as a present. It's ok later go shop check.

Last edited: