• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Page From The Past - Should It Be "Tiger Show" Or "Thai Girl Show"?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not want to be portrayed as someone rude, but I feel some info on the word "TIGER Shows" is apt and beneficial to all readers.

These word was first coined in Singapore in the mid 60s and early 70s at the height of the Vietnam War when Yankees used to come in hordes to Singapore on their R&R.

Aircraft carriers like the USS Coral Sea, Enterprise and many others damaged thru shelling by Vietcongs were then repaired and refuelled in Sembawang Port, Singapore.

During the presence of these "man-of-wars", the unruly sailors used to throng around Sembawang Patio where there were rows of bars like Nelson Bar etc...Many Thai and Malaysian prostitutes (mainly from Ipoh) worked in these bars. The drunken sailors did'nt know their true nationalities and referred to them as "Thai Girls". These could be a possibility as Thailand was then a favourite R&R destination for the Yankee sailors.

These "unholy-skirts" loved these "farangs" over the locals and easily jumped onto filthy mattresses in dimly-lit back-rooms where they end up in "coitus". These ladies of the night made good money (paid in US Dollars) out of such illicit liaisons. Hence the true word was "THAI GIRL" show and Not TIGER SHOW. Maybe the closeness of the word to the ears made many locals think that it was TIGER SHOWS.

As a further piece of knowledge for all, I also wish to add that these area was also lovingly called "THE VIRGIN CORNER", although many of the local call-girls were well beyond their 60s. To the drunken sailors in dim bars, these species were women and hence they would not hesitate to jump in bed with them. The sailors also called these area, "The Strip"

Incidentally, these was also the venue where the name "Roti-John" was first coined. The Mamaks (mee goreng and rojak sellers) who prepared that special sandwich (with mutton and omellete) used to address the Yankees as Johns. Hence that name, "ROTI JOHN" was born.

Finally, these was also the place where these Yankees could easily get their
"Buddha sticks" (marijuana smeared with heroin) which was wrapped in a brown paper. The pushers operated in the back-lanes of these bars. Rightfully, the Buddhists took umbrage of the usage of the word that was associated with Lord Buddha and the name was later changed.

The local Police from Paya Lebar Police Station and Chong Pang Sub-station worked closely with the NZ Military Police and Yankee Shore Patrols (or City Patrols) to control these unruly sailors who not only stormed Sembawang but also Clifford Pier, Jockey Club close to the old Tropicana and the old Tivoli Coffee House in Orchard Road.

There were many local heroes from our men in blue, who handled these Yankees as true-blue Singaporeans and in doing so instilled such fear in these crazy sailors. I am very sure some of those "veterans" from Vietnam War who maybe alive today would be trembling in their pants when they think of their encounters with some of our local policemen. I personally know of many such heroes who are still around.

Those were the days when senior police constables wore 3-Bars on their epaulettes. They look like "Captains". The old Station Inspectors wore three pips on their collars and look like American 3-Star Generals.

In one incident a local Sergeant (SPF) attended to a case of fight at the bars involving Yankees. His driver was a 3-Bar senior constable. The trouble-makers started saluting the 3-bar driver and refused to acknowledge the authority of the Sergeant.

On another ocassion a Station-Inspector adorned with 3-pips on collars came and the entire crowd stood at attention for they felt that a local 3-star General had arrived.

Hopefully this would not have made the higher command of the SPF to do away with those rank insignia of yesteryears.

I love to write such stories but do not know how to find a good printer and publisher. Can anyone help me please...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did u write this because of my convo with eatshitanddie about the tiger show where some girl was fucking a horse?

I am really curious did he really visit a thai girl show with animal fucking or was it in mexico.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this how you guys spend your time? Digging into ridiculous trivial? So free. Go get a job.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
bro Kohliantye, thanks for the write-up. Very informative and I enjoyed it.

Why don't you start a blog?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with glockman. Your memory should not go to waste. Always looking out for your posts.

I only went to the legendary Sembawang Patio only once nearly 25 years ago, it was quite an experience. Seems like middle of nowhere.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glockman, Scroobal and Leetahbah, thank you for your kind and inspiring comments.

I will share with you all about the past as frequently as possible.

I truly appreciate it.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha......not sure what you mean but it should be tiger show......
meaning special sex show involving a number of acrobatic displays. Examples of what to expect at a tiger show are, women shooting darts out of their pussies, women shooting ping pong balls out of their pussies, and women women opening beer bottles with their pussies; etc...
Also tiger shows are performed by gals from many different countries; not only Thai....
if it is just sexual acts in a room, why do you call it a show???

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i experienced my first tiger show at Mechinta JB.
Tame compared to the patpong ones but was still a life changing event to a teenager then.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal