• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A blogger's thoughts on the Serangoon Gardens Saga

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
The today paper printed an abridged version of it.

========================
Source: http://singaporelifetimes.blogspot.com/

I wrote about foreigners in our midst some time ago. It appears to be haunting residents in Serangoon Gardens, especially those that are living in the semi-detached private houses. A petition has even been started to stop the government's plans to relocate some 1000 foreign workers to a dis-used school compound nearby. The stated concern is that these people will probably clog up their roads. Some even view it as a security concern, as if the government is moving a bunch of misfits and shady characters into their neighbourhood. I think these people have lost sense of reality and are showing their prejudicial and snobbish side all too obviously.

If these foreigners are not welcomed in their midst, do they then think that somebody else's neighbourhood is more suitable? Who do they think they are? The heavenly host up there whose peace cannot be disturbed no matter what? That the rest of Singapore, where the minions live, are more suitable for such (dare I say), 'low life'? Well, ok, many of these people do have million dollar properties they are sitting on. Are they worried that the value of their properties will drop a notch if 'low life foreign workers' move into their neighbourhood? Are they worried that these 'low life' will roam their neighbourhood to steal, rob and rape, or at least swagger around drunk and noisy in their neighbourhood?

Well, yes, they are foreigners and may have habits that we are not used to. They may congregate more and speak a decibel louder than us. But these do not make them criminal. Our fathers were once foreigners in this land, and they managed to rise up to own property and land, which they have passed down to us, their children. Truly we have forgotten our roots. So instead of petitioning against these people, they should try to make these people feel at home, or at least not treat them as 'low lives' and suspects. Many of them probably have families in faraway lands, families they are supporting and feeding by coming to this place to toil and sweat. If we treat others shabbily, they will always be shabby as far as we are concerned. If we treat them well, we may get rewarded. How do we know that amidst all the sea of brown, black and yellow, there is not an angel amongst them who might save and protect us someday?

We are talking of a gracious society. There is an opportunity to show our graces. We should practice charity, for surely it must begin at home. Otherwise, whatever civility we may have cultivated among ourselves is only skin deep, and that skin is particularly thin for people living in the private houses in Serangoon Gardens.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
TODAY is similarly pack with indians so of course they support their own kind. NOTE, Today never say to move the squatter group to meyer road.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
hypocrite :mad:

everyone in spore knows we need blanga construction workers lah.. just as everyone dun want them to stay beside you..

if they moving to where he stays, he will sing a different tune.. TCSS

AverageSinkie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, many bangla live near my housing estate as well...

this has set a precedent...

I will also protest...I dun want bangla

I want to see China PRB metmei chiobu live near me...maybe can see them in shorts ...or I can chase them!!

or maybe if I am lucky, one PRC chiobu can rape me..or gang rape me!!!hopefully!!

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wrote about foreigners in our midst some time ago. It appears to be haunting residents in Serangoon Gardens

Well, yes, they are foreigners and may have habits that we are not used to. They may congregate more and speak a decibel louder than us. But these do not make them criminal. Our fathers were once foreigners in this land, ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i hate seeing that sentence in red ... im very sure it was coined by an MIW to justify the influx of FWs into our residential estates ... and parroted thereafter by many of the 66.6% ... irritating !

i also hope that FWs + other noisy people move into this bloggers neighbourhood ... with him and his holier-than-thou attitude, he deserves to live next to a noisy neighbour ...

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our fathers were once foreigners in this land ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

statement coined by MIW eh ?

let me remind the million $$ MIWs - singapore is supposed to be a world-class city with the highest quality of life ... u have been paid millions to ensure that ...

instead singapore now is like a one big construction site ! with FWs everywhere ... not to mention the noise ...

don't compare with our grandfathers' time ... just like, pls don't compare singapore's public transport system with india's sitting on the roof of bus and hanging on the steps ... its not an appropriate comparison and u know that ! ...

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The author of the blog is living in a glass house.

To have 1000 foreign workers living closely in 1 compound located right smack into a small neighborhood like SG is very very dangerous.

What happens when like minded people congregate and form a gang? They do things that they will not or dare not do individually. To have 1000 of them housed together is like forming a whole damn battalion. Call me ungracious for all I care but I can almost be assured of a few things:-

1. The pregnancy rates of domestic helpers in the SG area will be trebled in 6 months.

2. Works and maintenance in SG area will skyrocket.

3. All wives and daughters will have a curfew of 730pm or before the sun sets whichever comes first.

4. Property value in SG will fall by 30% once the plan in concrete.

5. All the nice MeiMeis that we get to enjoy oogling at in the cafes will be gone.

The solution is to house them in Tuas or some other industrial area where by there will be no disturbance to the daily lives of our people. Even then, it should be storngly suggested the police patrolling be stepped up to prevent unwanted activities.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
go anywhere, just don't come to cairnhill road where my mansion is

The curse of Serangoon is it's a "poor" man's landed residence. This will never happen in "rich" man's area like Bukit Timah. There's plenty of empty plots for workers' quarters there, but who dares to say go ahead? :mad:

Thank goodness my place got no empty plots.. just a nature reserve.. but I guess there's where they can set up their illegal gambling dens and whorehouses :biggrin:

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Our fathers were once foreigners in this land........... Truly we have forgotten our roots. ]

Our roots were simple. Colonalists didn't give a damn who came here whether human or animal. No regulation, no passport and absolutely free entry. Yellow skinned consigned to Chinatown and dark skinned to Serangoon (not Gardens but Little India). The colonalists did not put the aliens next to their own compound at Oxley, Orchard or Bukit Timah. Pulau Tekong is appropriate for such number - the angmoh system is best.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How serangoon people feel is similar to how LKY will feel if foreign workers quarters are built next to oxley.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The today paper printed an abridged version of it.

========================

I wrote about foreigners in our midst some time ago. It appears to be haunting residents in Serangoon Gardens

The blogger is really an imbecile.

Town Planning is a concept that is centuries old. If done well, it will allow the the best mix of land usage to take place. Is it right to build a worker's dormitory next to a 30 year old 2-room HDB flat? Obviously not. This is not about semi-detached houses, landed properties or good class bungalows. This is Town Planning 101. Social issues, property valuation, people's investments, infrastructure support etc all must be considered.

Which idiot in Govt even floated the idea.

Flintstome

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this saga can be shelved after the MPs intervened, then in future every estate will protest to MP if their estate is targetted. Like that the banglas got nowhere to go liao lor. Maybe the cheng hu will target the opposition wards after tat. :eek:

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
TODAY is similarly pack with indians so of course they support their own kind. NOTE, Today never say to move the squatter group to meyer road.

Singapore is packed with imported chinese from china, who cannot get along with chinese singaporeans. Maybe they should be sent to meyer road too.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
built some temporary shelter next to ICA's carpark for them to stay lor.
they are afraid that the properties' value will go down.

bro Flintstome,your idea might be taken up by the government.
and will like to see the reaction of the oppositions.