• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

800,000 HDB households to receive $100m worth of GST voucher in Jan 2015

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
But not those staying in property >$13,000 annual value although residents there may be retired and average household income is zero,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they followed govt advice and invested wisely but what now???????????????? No gst vouchers but still got to pay gst albeit zero income

gst is to help the poor? My foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But not those staying in property >$13,000 annual value although residents there may be retired and average household income is zero,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they followed govt advice and invested wisely but what now???????????????? No gst vouchers but still got to pay gst albeit zero income

gst is to help the poor? My foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u can always choose to downgrade to a 2 room flat to maximise gst benefits no?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
this is not the interesting news to me. The interesting news is this:

- There are just over 1 million flats, and therefore household owned by the HDB, if you consider each household is actually a flat.
- One of the criteria to get the GST voucher is that you must be a singapore citizen. Even a PR household cannot get.
- So, if 800,000 households qualify, that means just over 200,000 don't qualify. In other words, 20% of all HDB flats are now occupied by non singapore citizens. eg PRs, authorized FT tenants, etc.

How does it feel when one in 5 govt. public housing build by taxpayer owned HDB actually goes to a non singaporean? song boh?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bankrupt of ideas, the PAP strategy is to buy votes, using OUR money to give to other people to get their votes.
They are taking the feudal lord approach. I protect you (with your money) and look after you (with your money).
Just vote for me to be your Lord.

They will dispense the money via govt means, circumventing election rules pertaining to the limit of each candidate, like the last election.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is not the interesting news to me. The interesting news is this:

- There are just over 1 million flats, and therefore household owned by the HDB, if you consider each household is actually a flat.
- One of the criteria to get the GST voucher is that you must be a singapore citizen. Even a PR household cannot get.
- So, if 800,000 households qualify, that means just over 200,000 don't qualify. In other words, 20% of all HDB flats are now occupied by non singapore citizens. eg PRs, authorized FT tenants, etc.

How does it feel when one in 5 govt. public housing build by taxpayer owned HDB actually goes to a non singaporean? song boh?

That is surely alot of flats occupied by FT that could have gone to citizens. When is HDB going to charge foreigner levy 20k for every HDB flat purchased by FT? And tax FT 30% flat rate capital gain tax for each HDB flat sold by FT? Smart Msia govt know how to do that. PAP only know how to offer everything free to FT.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just to enjoy the crummy crumbs?????????????????

isnt that what ur bitching about?that ur not getting the crumbles?

living in a million dollar mansion but u have no income?govt is helping u to monetise ur private property no?pledge ur property to the govt and the gov men will look after u for the rest of ur life lah.