• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

75 yr old lady loses $40K in Lehman !!!

jw5

Loyal
I don't think its greed. Have you ever gone to a bank and hear how these bank officers promote their products to old people?

Many a times when these old folks go banks to put in fixed deposits, the officer will explain to them and advise them on newer products which will better leverage their savings they put in. They portrayed the risk levels as being very low and the usual saying as to how can a bank collapse. The truth is, it actually does now.
That's why the people who misrepresented when they sold the products should be named. And hopefully blackmarked and blacklisted.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why the people who misrepresented when they sold the products should be named. And hopefully blackmarked and blacklisted.

I tell you, its not only banks. Even insurance agents. When the economy is okay, they tell you the funds linked to US simi big company. When things happen, they say these 2 companies handle funds differently.

This is called misrepresentation to entice people to buy the product.

No one will admit when they sell these products. The lower end officers, managers are the ones selling these products under their organisation. At most they get the golden handshake. The top brass will get the butter and be prepared to face the media.

I have a close relative who works in the bank for decades. She told me, whatever happens, whatever products the Bank advises people to buy, NEVER BUY IT. Unit trusts, investment links, all never make money.:o

Mentri_Besar_emas

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, I think its better to keep their money in biscuit tins. See Jack neos's latest movie,, at least the old mother can take out money to help her 3 sons to be 'managers'. U put in minbonds, all fly away. Jus fancy this! lol.