• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

71 per cent of Singapore cardholders have platinum cards

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Credit cards help me the most when travelling. I hate carrying around a big bundle of foreign currency. Sure, the cards charge premium exchange rates by that cost goes to my company in the end.

One main credit card feature local customers never enjoy is "purchase protection". Anything you buy with your CC has additional warranty or even theft insurance on it. I know only UK and US cards have that.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes mine too lasted so long but did change the belt once though.

Yes, mine too, the belt, I mean.
Anyway, found it to be pretty good and lasting that I bought another, this time with the titanium type.
Maybe can last for many generations too :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What's the use of having a pLatinium card when the credit Limit is a meagre $5,000 ?..:eek:

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the use of having a pLatinium card when the credit Limit is a meagre $5,000 ?..:eek:

It's for the cardholders' ego since other people including the cashiers wouldn't know the credit limit. That's how banks play with people's insecurities to make money.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
The DBS Black AMEX Card can be had for $48K Annual Income. Where got exclusive ?

I didn't know that DBS bank has already diluted the status of black credit cards. Even the AMEX brand is getting diluted by allowing banks to issue AMEX cards. Chasing the latest trend in credit card color is for fools.

Thanks for the update.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes mine too lasted so long but did change the belt once though.

Bought my Casio programable scientific calculator in the 80's & it's still working:eek:

A few years ago I decided to replace it with one of their programable business calculators & found it to be a piece of junk. When I wanted to change the batteries I found out that you need a very small screw driver to open the unit. What's worst is that the screw threads got damaged:o

So I'm still using my 30+ year old calculator.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't know that DBS bank has already diluted the status of black credit cards. Even the AMEX brand is getting diluted by allowing banks to issue AMEX cards. Chasing the latest trend in credit card color is for fools.

Thanks for the update.

I had an AMEX card. The yearly service fee is high, but since it was a company corporate card the company was paying for it. The biggest problem to me as a user was that with many merchants were unwilling to accept the card. This is because AMEX doesn't pay the merchants until they receive payment from the card holder.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why so low? I got six-digit SGD credit limit for my first credit card.

And no, in case you're wondering, I'm not a rich tycoon, or one of the connected elites, neither did I request for a high credit limit. The bank just gave it to me.