• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

59-yr-old cleaner fitter than you and I combined

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
He cycles to KL twice a month at 59 years old. Can join triathlon le...

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/lagi-bagus-lagi-cepat/

How to 'cycle' to K.L. and still be alive at the end of the journey? Do you know how people drive on the Singapore-K.L. highway? Even in a Mercedes Benz, one has to have 100% attention on the road in order to survive the trip.

Maybe he means 'motor-cycle' to K.L. on a 1,200 cc.or 1,300 cc. Superbike. At least with a Superbike, one has a chance to get away from the Lorry or Bus bearing down on your a$$ at 150 km/h.

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to 'cycle' to K.L. and still be alive at the end of the journey? Do you know how people drive on the Singapore-K.L. highway? Even in a Mercedes Benz, one has to have 100% attention on the road in order to survive the trip.

Maybe he means 'motor-cycle' to K.L. on a 1,200 cc.or 1,300 cc. Superbike. At least with a Superbike, one has a chance to get away from the Lorry or Bus bearing down on your a$$ at 150 km/h.

Maybe he knows the route better than us. There are road trips for cyclists leh.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It's quite possible if he uses the tracks instead of the main roads and highway. It will take at least 2 to 3 days though. On a road bike, the maximum I've done in a day is 180km. On an off road bike, you'll probably be able to do about half that distance in the same time.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the last line of that blog, if you withdraw all your cpf, you will spend it all and have to cycle everywhere. Sneaky article.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's quite possible if he uses the tracks instead of the main roads and highway. It will take at least 2 to 3 days though. On a road bike, the maximum I've done in a day is 180km. On an off road bike, you'll probably be able to do about half that distance in the same time.

180km ahahaha,even neil armstrong dont cycle that far in one day on the tour de france.....

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
180km ahahaha,even neil armstrong dont cycle that far in one day on the tour de france.....

He did, lance armstrong, nearly everyday for nearly a month. That's why he had to dope. Or are you really referring to the other armstrong who cycled on the moon?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He did, lance armstrong, nearly everyday for nearly a month. That's why he had to dope. Or are you really referring to the other armstrong who cycled on the moon?

yeah true, they cycle about 200km or so a day,but i doubt this leong sam is anywhere close to lance armstrong lol.yeah lance..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

180km stages are a regular occurence in stage races. The longest one day race is the Milan San Remo.. almost 290km.

Neil Armstrong went even further. He made it to the moon and back in less than 10 days... a distance of more than 800,000km.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
yeah true, they cycle about 200km or so a day,but i doubt this leong sam is anywhere close to lance armstrong lol.yeah lance..

The difference is the time it takes. Professional bike riders average 40kph over 180km. Our group average 28.5 kph. It takes us about 6.5 hours.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
The World is a different place, a wilder place these days. Just driving from Jurong to Bukit Batok, 1 hour ago, i had to jam brake and swerve twice to avoid a delivery van and a lorry. People just don't respect right-of-way anymore, these days.

Maybe our Old Man cyclist takes to the bush whenever he senses a big lorry coming to make him its latest Hood Ornament.

But even then, he may end up running into a tree. Same result: dead.

Don't f**k around on the roads these days. If i feel i lose the 'instinct' to 'feel' an accident coming my way, I will stop being a road user and take MRT like some of my Cheapskate, Kiasu, Kiasee friends.