• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

56-year-old woman kills leopard with axe and sickle

SU8ZER0

Alfrescian
Loyal

Uttarakhand: 56-year-old woman kills leopard with axe and sickle

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times Dehradun, August 25, 2014
First Published: 15:28 IST(25/8/2014) | Last Updated: 17:51 IST(25/8/2014)

A 56-year-old woman in Uttarakhand has killed a leopard with a sickle and an axe in a fierce battle that lasted some 30 minutes.

bb3958e3-4acb-48f5-82ff-802e8d1a6a1fWallpaper2.JPG

56-year old Kamla Devi who killed a leopard in self defence, in Uttarakhand. (Shrikrishan Uniyal/HT Photo)

The leopard attacked Kamla Devi, a resident of Koti village in Rudrparayag district, when she was irrigating a field on Sunday morning.

She reportedly fought off the big cat with an axe and a sickle, and sustained serious injuries. Devi is undergoing treatment at Srinagar Garhwal Base hospital.

"At first, I was terrified. But, then I gathered my courage to fight back. I promised myself that this is not my last day here," Devi told HT over phone on Monday.

Her husband, Dev Singh, died a few years ago due to illness. Her only son is working in the hotel industry in Delhi. Devi stays with her relatives in Koti.

Another tale of heroic

In 2009, Priyanshu Joshi, a Class 6 student, fought off a leopard with bare hands to save his sister, Priyanka.

The brother and sister, residents of Dehradun, were on their way to school in Premnagar around 7am when the leopard attacked Priyanka.

Priyanshu held the animal from back. The leopard then attacked him. In the meantime, a school bus arrived on the spot and honked, forcing the big cat to leave. Both Priyanshu and Priyanka sustained serious injuries.

"When I saw the leopard mauling my sister to death, I looked around for help. People literally ran away from the site. Then I realised that I have to take a step to save my sister.

"I rushed towards the animal and held it tightly from its back. It then left my sister and attacked me. Thankfully, a school bus approached towards us and the animal ran away," said Priyanshu, who is now in Class 11.

Priyanshu received a national bravery award for his courage on January 26, 2011, from the President of India.