• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

54yr old writes letter to CPF

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2012484498788558&id=100000810836010

Dear CPF Board,

You are the appointed agency to manage my retirement fund, which comes from my monthly contribution from the day I started working. I had no options to self manage my fund, or to appoint better fund manager. In short, I was forced to work with you. Nonetheless, I thank you for the hard work all these years to provide me an impressive 2.5% interest on my contribution. I ought to be grateful that my MONEY IS STILL THERE. If not, tell me about it. Don't keep deferring the payouts. That is a bad habit you have acquired over the years and I am highlighting it today as feedback.

When we first began, we agreed for a complete withdrawal when I get to 55 years old. That would be more than 3 decades from my first contribution. It was an absolute peach sweet and juicy to you. Even the worst local bank would offer me more than 2.5% for a crappy structural deposit on a 10 year term, capital guaranteed. If I use them, I would be able to do an early withdrawal of my funds before maturity, albeit with a penalty charge. You could certainly do better than 2.5% for a complete lock in for no withdrawal option for 3 decades. Never mind about the yield. We are friends and it hurts our relationship if we get too calculative. That is why it is unacceptable for you to charge me an interest for any loan I take from my OWN money. We should give and take but unfortunately, you are the only one enjoy the taking till now.

Things turned a nasty corner when you begin to think it is rightful for you to dictate my retirement age and how to live my life. What make you think you can manage better and are you? We agreed on a complete withdrawal at 55 years old at the beginning of our contract. You revised it, because you told me you cared for me. So you suggested 60, then 63 and you urged me to stretch my non-withdrawal to 65 years old, by giving me a bonus of $1,200 for a 2 year extension. that would amount to a total of more than 40 years of keeping my money with you. Oh, is that how things work around here? I would have offered you $12,000, to withdraw my money 20 years earlier. I would if I could, if you HAVE THE MONEY to return me in the first place;

And eventually, it became 65 unknowingly, now again, you cunningly postphoned it to 70 and do whatever mean to stretch it to 93.

I'm must apologise for my lack of faith in you but that has been lost ever since you told me I would not be withdrawing my retirement fund at whatever age you decided, and THE GOAL POST IS STILL SHIFTING as we speak. Instead you told me I will receive only payouts like an unemployed working receiving handouts from Centrelink in Australia. The key difference is, the Australian Government pays the unemployed from tax receivables and the money I left with you, come from my pocket. Despite that, you think you have the right to hold a bulk of my money in which you called Minimum Sum, and even tell me I will receive no payouts if I fail to accumulate enough money beyond the Minimum Sum. The problem here is that the Minimum Sum keep increasing and may I ask who is responsible for the increasing in the Minimum Sum? Cost of living? And who is responsible for the increase cost of living? You just simply made me responsible for your mistakes again and again till l no longer make it and more and more people cannot keep up with it. Thus, I cannot help but wonder if the Minimum Sum is created to keep me alive or to keep you afloat.

Over the last 20 years, you have dropped too many hints to suggest things are not the way you thought to be, so when can you get it right then? I do not want to interfere with your affairs but do not make me pay for your mistakes again and again. I entrusted my money in you because I was not given a choice. It is more than a privilege for you, an entitlement in fact. Do not abuse it. This is not a warning, just a simple advice from a CPF member. Perhaps you should consider changing the three keys inside the logo to three locks since you like to change so much. You have it all locked rather then I having a key to open anyway. If it goes on like that, I can't imagine what will be the changes when I reach 64?

Sincerely yours.
A 54 years old veteran chasing after his life long retirement fund.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s why old farts are so detested. So long winded. I can tell from the first sentence that it’s going to be some idiotic rants from an old fart with too much time on his hand.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Giving excuses/reasons for deferring return of CPF monies has the characteristic of a:

bernie-madoff-ponzi-scheme-explained-1068x713.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a ponzi scheme. Meanwhile in jiu hu, full withdrawal at 55 still maintsined. Any changes will only be imposed on new contributors.
Unfortunately the trend currently is no more permanent jobs. Its all term contracts which means employer not obligated to pay epf nor severance based on one month for every year in employment if laid off.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
First they say you can withdraw at 55 and it is to help the nation, then they say you can only withdraw above min sum to protect you against yourself, then they start increasing min sum to reflect inflation but kept CPF interest the same. Now they come up with BRS, FRS and ERS; and you can only withdraw above full retirement sum (which is 2x of basic retirement sum).