• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5 room flat is almost 1 million!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If die-die don't sell, no losses involved. Takes a bigger fool to purchase from them.

problem is at 1st price drop bit by bit...........they don't sell..................until too late when price drop by 50%...................happened in the late 90's and back then, property bubble nowhere near current levels..........drop 70% also possible as proven in Dubai and elsewhere

also, interest rates on home loan by banks will increase as home prices drop..................so buyers end up paying more and more interests on a home that's dropping in price..............

locals are now buying more in fear of future price hikes...................some still want to make money by speculating.............

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why nobody answer this question?

why sinkie so stupid pay so much money and work so hard to fulfilled the mortgage, but in the end , the sinkie home does not belong to him..

Why the fuck sinkie behaves like this???

Last edited:

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fail to see why this is bad. All Singaporeans can buy direct from HDB and need not buy from resale market. So the people affected are non Singaporeans.

I think you are not born in Singapore. All Singaporeans can buy direct from HDB?! We are now living in the BTO era, dude!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If die-die don't sell, no losses involved. Takes a bigger fool to purchase from them.

Takes even a BIGGER Fool to sell them, which is why many are holding their goose hostage and the goose have a gun pointed to it's head to lay GOLDEN EGGS! LOL

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
why nobody answer this question?

why sinkie so stupid pay so much money and work so hard to fulfilled the mortgage, but in the end , the sinkie home does not belong to him..

Why the fuck sinkie behaves like this???

The Sinkie ( most that is) really have 'no money in pocket one' despite many driving cars.

With the prices of pte property these days, if these Sinkie don't rob a bank they will have to bulk with their parents ..

FOR LIFE!! LOL

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fail to see why this is bad. All Singaporeans can buy direct from HDB and need not buy from resale market. So the people affected are non Singaporeans.

The person selling the $1M flat is likely a Singaporeans selling to foreigner. What is wrong with that. With more available new flats and a new grant scheme, problem will be solved.

Currently, 90% of Singaporeans own their houses, flats. Most have appreciated in value. Any wholesale change in the game plan could great panic and cause price to drop. So it is much better to have grants to make flats affordable.

Its not so easy like de way u think it is.

Ur 1st pt itself is an illusion. Can u pls let me noe how uv cum 2 dis conclusion???

As 4 ur 2nd pt, after selling his flat for $1m 2 u think he can still buy dir fm HDB???? If yes den well dats news 2 me. If dats de case, most Sinkees wud have sort of struck lottery short of buying TOTO or 4D. Otherwise, if he has 2 buy in resale mkt, hell have 2 pay a higher price. Datll offset de higher price which he had sold leaving him with neg amt assuming he buys de same kind of flat. Otherwise, wer's he going 2 stay (and pls dun bring de PAP concept of downsizing)????

Also, grant is only going 2 b 4 1st X buyers not subsequent 1s. So going by des, hows it going 2 b any adv 4 a person hu has a prop which has gone up in value but hes not able 2 sell it????

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
shocking!! poor in singapore is an urban legend!

but then again after you sold your flats, where are you going to live?

Malaysia, china, thailand.. so many places.. only a sinkie will ask where to live, like they dunno if they got a brain.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually,,is this not good for the seller? Just that a local who wants a flat in a good location will have to fork out that amount which is hard,,but there are looser and winners in this game,,and the winner is the seller