• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4G data rate and coverage who best? M1 StarHub Singtel?

aw_bark_kark

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using M1, my current speedtest at speedtest.net is OOKLA app is ping 13ms in SG download 77.49Mbps upload 4.77Mbps in SengKang

You can install this FOC OOKLA speed test and test and then uninstall immediately if you dislike it

I can get my 4G data coverage in most places on M1, the 4G+ logo shows 4G+ mostly. Occasionally dropped to 4G without the + sign, very rarely lost data services e.g. in lift or carpark. My phone Samsung Galaxy Note 4, when I am on the line talking phone calls, my data will down grade to H+ which is less than 4G, I am unsure it is due to Samsung limitation or M1 limitation.

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for my singtel i get only 3G more than half the time. also need to reset to search to get 4G.

my starhub goes 4G most of the time.

aw_bark_kark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guys, any more performance and coverage figures to share?

I want to think about adding a new data SIM must decide which provider Telco. TQ! :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speaking on prepaid only I feel that Singtel provides the best prepaid data plans. While there other 2 are quite expensive for a small amount of data given. On the issue of speed I feel that M1 and Singtel are on par. I think 4G+ is already out but you need the correct phone to have it. Most 4G phones still run up to 4G you can check GSM arena on the various phone models you will see some phones download and upload speed lower than others like only 50mb downloadfor example while others have 100mbps speed and both use 4G so make sure your phone can handle high speed

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speaking on prepaid only I feel that Singtel provides the best prepaid data plans. While there other 2 are quite expensive for a small amount of data given. On the issue of speed I feel that M1 and Singtel are on par. I think 4G+ is already out but you need the correct phone to have it. Most 4G phones still run up to 4G you can check GSM arena on the various phone models you will see some phones download and upload speed lower than others like only 50mb downloadfor example while others have 100mbps speed and both use 4G so make sure your phone can handle high speed

for the latest smartphones that can fully realize and enjoy latest features and performance characteristics on 4g+ you need cat6 devices. moreover, the operator needs to turn on or upgrade to advanced software and firmware features on the network to match cat6 capabilities, and it's not just about the carrier aggregation feature although that one feature is being heavily advertised in sg.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for the latest smartphones that can fully realize and enjoy latest features and performance characteristics on 4g+ you need cat6 devices. moreover, the operator needs to turn on or upgrade to advanced software and firmware features on the network to match cat6 capabilities, and it's not just about the carrier aggregation feature although that one feature is being heavily advertised in sg.

how fast is sg's 4G network? I read cat8 is the fastest 4G currently. Need to check on wiki to see where SG's 4G cat is.

Most people only know 4G or LTE and not the cats and also different smart phones have different CAT and not to mention some phones only support a few bands of 4G so you might not be able to connect to some 4G networks in SG and in other countries.

The iphone6S for example probably can connect to every single 4G band available so you can use 4G in probably every country in the world.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how fast is sg's 4G network? I read cat8 is the fastest 4G currently. Need to check on wiki to see where SG's 4G cat is.

Most people only know 4G or LTE and not the cats and also different smart phones have different CAT and not to mention some phones only support a few bands of 4G so you might not be able to connect to some 4G networks in SG and in other countries.

The iphone6S for example probably can connect to every single 4G band available so you can use 4G in probably every country in the world.

as advertised it's cat6 capable, which is about 300mbps top speed for two 20 mhz channels, carrier-aggregated. if sector is shared among several users, the average downlink speed will decrease substantially depending on number of users per sector, typically around 69 mbps. soixante-neuf speed.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as advertised it's cat6 capable, which is about 300mbps top speed for two 20 mhz channels, carrier-aggregated. if sector is shared among several users, the average downlink speed will decrease substantially depending on number of users per sector, typically around 69 mbps. soixante-neuf speed.

http://info.singtel.com/personal/4G/why-singtel#4g-speed-comparison

no mention of cat 6 but with 300mbps d/l speed that's cat 6 speed

Anyway your phone needs to be cat 6 capable too.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have used singtel for many years then swapped to M1, good service and fair practice. coverage is also good. my thinking is that always go to an operator with least subscribers, that will make your data and calls smooth for usage. singtel is a ripoff in the way they do business, they tried to rip as much money as possible from subscribers. i just came back to australia, they accidentally cut off my line and after i call in, they automatically compensate me with one free month's of subscription. the operator happened to be Optus and soley owned by singtel. 2 different standards in 2 different countries, that's why i say singtel with backing of temasek trying to rip sinkies' money off. and also why i opposed to putting pap por lumpars in high positions of GLCs.:oIo:

Last edited: