• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3g works in the most crowded places in HK, my Singtel and Starthub lines don't. WHY?

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 3g works in the most crowded places in HK, my Singtel and Starthub lines don't. W

because iphone lovers like you are faggots.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: 3g works in the most crowded places in HK, my Singtel and Starthub lines don't. W

hk cellular coverage super good due to intense competition. she's the 1st city that i know of that implemented multi-storey microcell coverage and cell splits among high rises. they also saturate the underground and tunnels with distributed antenna systems. now they are using a lot of remote radio heads connected with fiber.

You are so knowledgeable mister (I hate to call you by your name feels so rude to you). Thank you because you just reminded me that my google map works while I was walking from the underground Admiralty MTR station control to Times Square mall, works beautifully, all underground. I was really amazed.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's the key word. Competition. Unlike Singapore's 'left hand vs right hand' pseudo competition.

in sg, lack of motivation and incentive for mobile operators to improve are also a by-product of the "ka-ki-nan" regulatory body in look-away mode. in hk, availability of spectrum and clout with regulatory body play a role in quality of the network. for example, china mobile hk which is owned by china mobile and 3 which is owned by hutchison have extra spectrum to play with and grow their respective networks, thus better coverage and better customer experience which lead to larger subscriber base. 4.2m for cmhk and 3.5m for 3. the 3rd operator, csl which merged with new world mobility, is not far behind with 3m subs. smartone and pccw are laggards at 1.6m and 1.5m subs respectively, and there's most likely pressure for the last 2 to merge. cmhk and 3 have additional spectrum in 2300 mhz for td-lte, and that will be huge for 4g td-lte roaming capabilities with the biggest mainland operator, china mobile. all have 1800 and 2600 mhz 4g fd-lte except for smartone which is limited to 1800 mhz. all are gsm, gprs, and 3g edge, umts and hspa compatible except for pccw and smartone which also operate 850 mhz cdma networks (not many subs in hk on this 3g tech). the sub distribution in hk among the top 3 operators looks very healthy and competitive, and with additional spectrum for growth, that's most likely what's driving the quality edge to retain existing customers and attract new customers.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are so knowledgeable mister (I hate to call you by your name feels so rude to you). Thank you because you just reminded me that my google map works while I was walking from the underground Admiralty MTR station control to Times Square mall, works beautifully, all underground. I was really amazed.

csl is doing all it can to churn customers away from cmhk and 3 as penetration based on 7.1m pop is over 200%, which means almost everyone except for old folks in cages is carrying at least 2 devices. :eek:

csl is also known for aggressively pursuing business from international roaming traffic. better to roam with a hungry operator than one which is complacent. but as you can tell from the distribution i posted earlier, no operator in hk can afford to be complacent.

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal

HK is better in term of price & coverage, in Singapore price suck coverage suck only telco making $$$ with suck service.

whatthink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even in mudland, the prepaid card had faster speed then Singtel.. haiz