• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2013 - Which Browser is better?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really, what do they spy on? I've been using Chrome, it is much faster than IE on my computer.

I'm using Firefox for both my PC & Mac computers. Since both have an i7 processor it's fast enough that I doubt chrome would be any faster.

Don't know what Google is looking at but I don't like to be spied on. On Firefox I have made sure to turn on options to block pop ups, not to be tracked & never remember history.

Google was recently fined by the US authorities for by-passing Apple Safari's security options. Read about it here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...g-Safari-users-STILL-refuses-admit-wrong.html

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well I don't use live quotes, so maybe that's why my browser is sufficient.

I don't trade M'sian shares. Don't trust them.

There are of course the smaller Malaysian companies which people are using for punting but I avoid those companies.
I invest only in Malaysian blue chips. Have been doing that for over 20+ years mainly for the dividens. Have stopped investing in Spore stocks because of the increase in overheads e.g. gst, holding fees, larger lots & minimums, etc

In fact I don't trust the stocks in Spore. Too many dubious companies, especially from China:biggrin:

Bhumipon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been using Firefox for the past 6 years without any problem. When I first used Macbook about 4 years ago I continued with Firefox despite it had been loaded with Safari. However I am forced to maintain my old Thinkpad with IE because I need to do internet banking with Bank of China which allows only IE.

whatthink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been using Opera for more than 10 years, occasionaly use Chrome but Chrome is memory eater, the tab open, more memory it consume.
Stop using Firefox many donkey years ago.
Only use IE for site require it, eg Gov site require SingPass login.

Now using Maxthon and opera.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm using Firefox for both my PC & Mac computers. Since both have an i7 processor it's fast enough that I doubt chrome would be any faster.

Don't know what Google is looking at but I don't like to be spied on. On Firefox I have made sure to turn on options to block pop ups, not to be tracked & never remember history.

Google was recently fined by the US authorities for by-passing Apple Safari's security options. Read about it here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...g-Safari-users-STILL-refuses-admit-wrong.html

Oh mine is old computer (Core 2) and IE was really slow and always hang so I switched to Chrome and it is much faster. Now only use IE for the Maybank Msia trading platform. Btw thanks again for introducing that facility, it has been easy buying Msia shares using this platform.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh mine is old computer (Core 2) and IE was really slow and always hang so I switched to Chrome and it is much faster. Now only use IE for the Maybank Msia trading platform. Btw thanks again for introducing that facility, it has been easy buying Msia shares using this platform.

I recently encountered a problem & you may want to know about it. So that you can avoid it.

I did an online internal transfer of $$$ from the Wadiah account to the Premier Account. The Premier account has a slightly higher interest rate. However when you want to use the funds to buy more shares, you need to transfer the funds back from the Premier to the Wadiah sccount.

The problem is that you'll need the assistance of the people at the Investment Centre. If you email to them they can do the transfer for you, but you'll have to sign in person a one time permission letter.

The funny thing is that it's very easy to tranfer from Wadiah into the Premier Account. But a hassle to reverse it,.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently encountered a problem & you may want to know about it. So that you can avoid it.

I did an online internal transfer of $$$ from the Wadiah account to the Premier Account. The Premier account has a slightly higher interest rate. However when you want to use the funds to buy more shares, you need to transfer the funds back from the Premier to the Wadiah sccount.

The problem is that you'll need the assistance of the people at the Investment Centre. If you email to them they can do the transfer for you, but you'll have to sign in person a one time permission letter.

The funny thing is that it's very easy to tranfer from Wadiah into the Premier Account. But a hassle to reverse it,.

Thanks for the info. What is Wadiah account? I only have a savings account and a Premier1 account and it is the other way - I've to transfer funds into Premier1 account for buying shares. Upon sale of shares, the funds will also transfer back to Premier1 account. So far I've only transferred funds from savings account to Premier1 and there is no issue, haven't tried transferring back from Premier1 to savings account though.

Was told Premier1 account is like a current account but no cheque book. I have also banked in Msia local cheque into this Premier1 account with no issue.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info. What is Wadiah account? I only have a savings account and a Premier1 account and it is the other way - I've to transfer funds into Premier1 account for buying shares. Upon sale of shares, the funds will also transfer back to Premier1 account. So far I've only transferred funds from savings account to Premier1 and there is no issue, haven't tried transferring back from Premier1 to savings account though.

Was told Premier1 account is like a current account but no cheque book. I have also banked in Msia local cheque into this Premier1 account with no issue.

The Wadiah account is the account they created for me when I opened my trading account .

When I transferred the funds to Premier 1, I noticed that the funds were not available for trading. For me I had no problems doing an online transfer to Premier 1 but when I tried to move the funds back to Wadiah, the system gave an error:smile: The people at the main branch at City Square Mall told me I had to go to Jalan Pinggai to fix the problem.

Just thought I'd mention the problem I had. My original intent was to just use the account for trading & not it's banking facilities.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Wadiah account is the account they created for me when I opened my trading account .

When I transferred the funds to Premier 1, I noticed that the funds were not available for trading. For me I had no problems doing an online transfer to Premier 1 but when I tried to move the funds back to Wadiah, the system gave an error:smile: The people at the main branch at City Square Mall told me I had to go to Jalan Pinggai to fix the problem.

Just thought I'd mention the problem I had. My original intent was to just use the account for trading & not it's banking facilities.

I think our account type for trading account is different, mine don't have Wadiah account setup. Whenever I buy shares, only need to ensure there are funds inside the Premier1 account and they will auto deduct from there to pay for the shares, don't need to go through another Wadiah account.

Now I recall they told me before there are two types of trading account, mine is the nominee type with flat commission of Rm8 but can't apply for IPO shares. Maybe yours is the other type where you held the shares in your own name or something like that?!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
dey wud send u ze forms 4 u 2 fill up 4 proxies ... rooks like 2 cud not attend ...

agm's r hot social events 4 freeloading retirees ...

Yeah, didn't receive any forms for Agm...only receive those statement indicating share payment, dividend received.

Haha freeloading retirees, actually not free leh, need to factor transport costs and so boring..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey wud send u ze forms 4 u 2 fill up 4 proxies ... rooks like 2 cud not attend ...

agm's r hot social events 4 freeloading retirees ...

Have you ever attended these meetings:confused:

LKY must get invited to many of these meetings since he is a retired freeloader:smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you ever attended these meetings:confused: ...
got la ... both in sinkielan n msia ... majority of dose who attend r retirees ... u may c ppl wif woking sticks ... u may oso c ppl in wheelchairs ...

u may c sum same faces @ agm's of different coys ... got 1 time, 1 fella was telling me dat he attended tis coyz agm ytd, 2molo he'll b attending dat coyz agm ... me was tinking: me not so free as u, man! ... got another fella brot out a loong slip of paper from his pocket n show me ... he said he got all ze agm's dates written down on dat slip of paper 4 his ez referens so dat he wun miss dem out ...

but participants on both sides show equally ugly bhavior ...

sum go there n never enter meeting room but take their positions immediately after registration n q in front of ze fud table ... sum leave meeting room 10 min b4 it n's 2 q @ fud table ...

u shud c how dey pile their fud, man! ... a skinny, frail-looking woman can carry a mountain of fud in each hand ... if u wonder how such a skinny woman can finis so much fud, juz continue 2 follow her wif ur i's la ... once she gets 2 a seat, out cums plastic containers from her bag she has brot along n in goes ze fud in2 her pre-prepared containers ... if u q @ n of q, u shud b lucky if u stil can get sumting 2 eat ... sumtimes, dey dun even bother 2 haf a q ...

sumtimes, wen ze staff brings in a fresh tray of fud, u shud c how dey rush 2 ze tray, man! ... usain bolt oso lose out, man! ...

bcos of tis selfish bhavior, most coys in msia nowadays do not provide buffet fud ... sum gif fud vouchers (kfc etc) ... others provide breakfast or lunch boxes (1 per attendee) ... n got oso others who haf staffs 2 serf fud on ur plate ...

in sinkielan, most coys stil provide buffet ... my bestest xperience was a sit-down 8 corse chinese fud 4 lunch after ze agm ...

sum coys oso got gif souvenirs 2 attendees ... in msia, sum coys gif bags of rice ... got 1 time, me overheard a woman compraining 2 her frens her arms stil sore after carrying 10 bags of rice ... ya, man! so greedy stil wanna comprain ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always thought that these meeting were open to all, even if you only own 1 share?
I sometimes get some mail to vote for some some proposals in the american companies that that I've invested e.g. Apple Inc., HP, IBM,..

Never gave it much thought but if they are giving free food than I would certainly be interested :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sum coys oso got gif souvenirs 2 attendees ... in msia, sum coys gif bags of rice ... got 1 time, me overheard a woman compraining 2 her frens her arms stil sore after carrying 10 bags of rice ... ya, man! so greedy stil wanna comprain ... :rolleyes:

Have also heard of a family owned bizniss where the family will use a few hundred $ of the company's money to bribe it's sharholders. At least 60% of shareholders are that gullible :wink:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have also heard of a family owned bizniss where the family will use a few hundred $ of the company's money to bribe it's sharholders. At least 60% of shareholders are that gullible :wink:
heard of dat coy b4 ... coy make moni, directors gif demselves xtra huge bonus n shareholders get nutting ... dat coy dun haf auditing 1, hor, b careful hor! ...