• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$2.50 Challenge

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What happened to the classic Khong Guan Fan Choy and Lo Mai Kai? I used to eat them at school during recess. Lo Mai Kai was $1 or slightly cheaper. Fan Choy's price is slightly higher than $1.

lianbeng replies laksaboy: $1.60 at my estate! :biggrin:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellowes. behind the causes of all these expensive foods prices are rentals/capitalism. I will boycott
if i can; S11, Kopitiam, Kim San Leng, etc. They are syndicates that tendered the sky high rentals
that passed on to us(consumers)....Im sure u know who cause all these.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellowes. behind the causes of all these expensive foods prices are rentals/capitalism. I will boycott
if i can; S11, Kopitiam, Kim San Leng, etc. They are syndicates that tendered the sky high rentals

All part of the 6.9m masterplan. But u can still get Nasi Padang at $2.50 provided u show your PAP discount card!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, you guys would not have such problems if you are vegans. :rolleyes:

Over hype, unhealthy VEGETARIAN food, you can get for $2....yah!, mixed stuff plus mee hoon! for $2.50 you get a larger portion,..add other stuffs, like, mock this, mock that...it will come to $5.

btw...all the vegetarian food here is unhealthy...yet to find one true Vegan food!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rent-seeking whores, all of them.

They're the ones who have driven most of the small independent coffeeshops out of business.

The simple solution is to vote with your wallet. Give your business to the small merchants and proprietor-owned food stalls, rather than some soulless franchise employee of a conglomerate.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My wanton mee... less than S$2.00.

IMG_6969.JPG

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I had it with a can of coke...total cost is around S$3.00.

I had extra serving of noodles and wanton...so noodle cost more. If not, everything would be around $2.50.

Does this come with free "kek huat chwee'?? , with kopi...it is above Baey Kian Seow Benchmark of Nasi Padang with Bandung at $2.50.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had it with a can of coke...total cost is around S$3.00.

I had extra serving of noodles and wanton...so noodle cost more. If not, everything would be around $2.50.

Baey Kian Seow standard is $2.50...with free Bandung!...you can get??