• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st day of school - Share your experiences

EssaiveE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I grew up in a relatively hostile area, Tanglin Halt where there were lots of gangfights and all sorts of shit happening so it was pretty hard not to get into trouble but my closest friends back in the days were the malay kids and we would dirty our uniforms playing football anytime we could.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My first day at Pr. 1 was also my first day on a school bus. Awakened at 6.00 a.m. and hauled downstairs at 6:30 to wait for the bus. A group of us neighbourhood kids played "tokkah" (one-leg hopping) whilst waiting.

Boarding the school bus was somewhere between independence day and incarceration day. Independent from parents out on the road with strangers, but would the destination be paradise or penitentiary?

It was quite fun after all, somewhere in between. First experience of flag raising ceremony. The first day class was all about introductions, icebreakers and learning the national anthem and pledge.

The pledge was taught in four languages, all must learn EL1 plus their L2s respectively. The first period usually started with a subject in English since all subjects were in English except the L2s. Sometimes when first periods happened to be scheduled L2s, the pledge had to be recited in L2s.

Those days, there were some classmates who didn't attend kindergartens and were clueless about the alphabet and basic Chinese characters. But they tolled along half understanding and half pretending. As long as they could sing the anthem and recite the pledge out loud, it didn't matter if they understood the writing. That'd come later with serious education.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
My payscale :

K1 - 2 : 30c :(
Pr. 1 - 3 : 50c :o
Pr. 4 - 6 : $1 :p
Sec. 1 - 2 : $1.50 :smile:
Sec 3 - 4 : $2 :biggrin:
Pre U 1-2 : $0 :eek:

You poor baby! How did you survive? :eek:

All-boys school near Moulmein Rd? You from St Michael's School?

I had a tuition classmate from the same school and he was a funny guy. He gave me a plastic cockcroach and we scrapped off the yellow stripe down its back to make it more real; then we used it to scare the other kids in class. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Alfrescian
Loyal
_ a couple of cents to buy some food, wow, that must be some 80 years ago :rolleyes:

Not that long lar, about 40. Besides, I didn't state the denomination of those cents, so it's not as little as you think. :biggrin:

Pap dog trying to bullshit lah

No need to try, you don't know means you weren't born yet! :p

His is not normal school. His is School for Unsound Mind. They don't use dollar and cents, just monopoly $. Never trust them with real money. They may start swallowing.

You know because you went through one yourself right? :p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nighclub bouncer? :p:wink::biggrin:

Apprentice framemaker. You know, those that people frame up their wedding photos, diplomas, award certificates, paintings, posters etc. with. Anyway, I didn't get pursue the trade all the way. NS enlistment letter came and I went to Police Academy.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st day at school bullied by one overaged fat fuck !!:(

3 days later .... put tumbtacks on his seat ..... he cry mummy mama ...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st day at school bullied by one overaged fat fuck !!:(

3 days later .... put tumbtacks on his seat ..... he cry mummy mama ...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Equalisation first day Sec. 1 at Toh Tuck flipped the lady teacher's skirt. Kena stage assembly caning. That's why nowadays see jockeys whipping horses, very excited and keep shouting, all the way, all the way. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apprentice framemaker. You know, those that people frame up their wedding photos, diplomas, award certificates, paintings, posters etc. with. Anyway, I didn't get pursue the trade all the way. NS enlistment letter came and I went to Police Academy.

Chey!!! Alawys say you 'yien tau kia' and yet you failed to be a duck? Part-time duck? "mai pai seh leh".

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could understand English by the time I enrolled in primary one. I remembered the bitch of a teacher by the name of Mrs.Tay gave the first English lesson to the class by pointing her finger at me and saying, "This is a naughty boy." My fate was sealed.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could understand English by the time I enrolled in primary one. I remembered the bitch of a teacher by the name of Mrs.Tay gave the first English lesson to the class by pointing her finger at me and saying, "This is a naughty boy." My fate was sealed.

I guess if she said that to u now, you can retort back saying "I'll show u how naughty I am!" :biggrin:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess if she said that to u now, you can retort back saying "I'll show u how naughty I am!" :biggrin:

To that bitch? No fucking way! Four siblings trailed up after me and all of them hated her as well! Maybe the distrust of adults by youths have it's origins in those formative years.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Damn it on my first day of school i was knocked down by a car just outside my school,the top part of my rib bone testonic plate has shifted slightly due to tat accident....and the remarks on my report card by my teacher for the first three year i score a hattrick on tat:o

Image0045-1.jpg