• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

16-Yr-Old's Suzuki Swift Langa and DIED!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Teen driver dies <!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><TR>Sec 4 student, 16, takes brother's car out for a drive, loses control and slams into a tree </TR><!-- Author --><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Sujin Thomas
</TD></TR><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_SWIFT02A.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Yeo Ken How, holding a leafy plant, with friends in June. March Chua, who took this picture, said she told him many times not to drive. She passed by the accident site and was shocked to recognise the car. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF MARCH CHUA
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
viewMorePhotos.gif
View more photos
c.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->HE WAS 16, did not have a driving licence but liked to drive his older brother's car around.
Friends advised Yeo Ken How, a Secondary 4 student of Bedok South Secondary School, not to take the risk but he did not listen.
Yesterday afternoon, the first day of the one-week school break, he sneaked a drive in his brother's Suzuki Swift.
It would be his last.
And in a twist of fate, two schoolmates who had warned him several times not to drive chanced upon the crash site, immediately recognised the car and had their worst fears confirmed.

=> Which means that he had been driving illegally all the while!

It was not clear where Ken How was headed, but around 1.30pm, he lost control of the blue Suzuki Swift along Bedok South Road and slammed into a tree.
The impact of the accident crushed the driver's side of the car, killing the boy instantly. He was alone in the car.
His body had to be extricated from the mangled wreckage by Singapore Civil Defence Force officers using hydraulic cutters.
The crash site was just 2km away from Ken How's home at Bedok North Street 1.
By chance, two of his close friends were on a bus to Parkway Parade at about 3pm when they passed the crash site.
They recognised the car, alighted immediately and received the news they dreaded.
One of them, March Chua, 16, broke down when police told her who the victim was.
Holding back tears, she said: 'I advised him not to drive the car because it's dangerous, but he wouldn't listen.'
She said she regarded Ken How as her confidant and added that she had seen him at the wheel of the car on a number of occasions over the past few months, ferrying friends around.
Secondary 2 student Quek Su Yin, 14, had also seen him driving around, and told him not to.
But, he added: 'He looked quite stable whenever I saw him drive.'
Ken How, who was two years away from being legally allowed to apply for a driving licence, was known to be fond of cars, often spending his time working on model kits.
His friends described him as a 'very bright boy' who would always be ready to help them when the need arose.
He was to sit for his O-level exams in just over a month's time.
The car belonged to his older brother, who is in Australia training to become a Singapore Airlines pilot.
When The Straits Times arrived at Ken How's home at about 4pm, his mother, Madam Yeo, was seen leaving the house.
She said that she had received a call a few hours earlier from someone informing her that her son had died.
'I thought it was a nuisance call, so I scolded the person and hung up,' she said.
Even when the police called her later, she initially refused to believe it, thinking it was someone else.
The news only hit home later.
In a quavering voice, she simply said: 'I didn't know he could drive.'
The housewife, believed to be in her 50s, said that she did not know Ken How had left the house as she had gone out early in the morning.
She then rushed off.
A neighbour told The Straits Times that she had seen Ken How walk past her flat, dressed in a dark T-shirt and shorts, at about 9am.
Bedok South Secondary School principal Krishnan Aravinthan said the school was saddened to learn about Ken How's death.
He said: 'The school is helping affected students and staff to cope with the incident.' [email protected]

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
One less Chinese Singaporean. At 1.07 replacement level and falling I would have thought his parents would have been more careful. Apparently not. How did the little mandarin get hold of the car keys in the first place? Not to worry plenty of FTs available for replacement.

Dunga

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the report, you can see that he has been doing this for many times liao and his parents dun even suspect or know about it.

Sad story.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very few car can survive a crash into tree.

maybe they should build bumper, like those in between highway, on the side of all tree. cost money, but they saved life.

but hack, pap dun care about sinkies, they just replaced them with FT.

or just place with tree which have a history of car crashes.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
very few car can survive a crash into tree.

maybe they should build bumper, like those in between highway, on the side of all tree. cost money, but they saved life.

but hack, pap dun care about sinkies, they just replaced them with FT.

or just place with tree which have a history of car crashes.

You must be kidding !

They should ban all COE cars, cheap small cars, stupid cheap cars like kia.
To prevent idiotic Malays, ghee laden Indians and lard eating Chinese from driving them ! Too many idiots allow onto the road !

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
he did not have a license to drive.
so maybe too inexperience,that day it was raining heavely around the east.
i passby the stretch of road on my way to work,everyday at Marine Parade Parkway area.
there is a slight bend or curve and when it rain heavely,there is a lot of water.
most probably,he drive too fast,did not slow down and skip when he come to the curve.
my sympathy to his mother.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ban all cheap cars, because cheap cars comes from cheapo people with no eithics and principal in life !

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
good thing he did not kill anyone else along with him..

he put others in danger for his own joy ride.. he deserves to die..:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When we are at that age, we all are still at that age in our minds:biggrin:!, haven't we stolen the keys to our dad's cars?, pickups?, lorry? etc... especially cars, and have driven them round the bend?, to get that kind of exhilrating feeling of being behind the wheels? haven't we?. Furthermore, to impress your girlfriend, by picking her up from the bus stop, and ferrying her to your house, until...your daddy takes the keys away!!!:rolleyes:

Ahh!....rebellious days!...so!, sad! so young....should have heard this:

"Well, the last thing I remember, Doc, I started to swerve.
And then I saw the Jag slide into the curve.
I know I'll never forget that horrible sight,
I guess I found out for myself that everyone was right
won't come back from dead man's curve
Dead man's curve, Dead man's curve
Dead man's curve, Dead man's curve
Dead man's curve, Dead man's curve"

from the song "Dead man's curve"...of course this was no dead man's curve, but if we do remember, there was an accident of recent months, where some student driving their dad's car, trying out the old Upper Thomson Rd GRAND PIX (not F1), dead man's curve...and died!:mad:

but...we are are 16, can we resits stealing our dad's or our brother's car for a spin????:p till we are found out!...and banned!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such reported incidents of underaged drivers are but the tip of an iceberg. There would be many more underaged drivers out there still driving illegally and yet to be caught and more fatal tragedies affecting other innocent road users waiting to happen.

All parents of minors (underaged drivers) should be made responsible and culpable for such accidents even if no one else is injured or killed other than their out of control teenaged kids out for a joyride.

Imagine if an innocent road user had been injured/miamed for life! There would have been no insurance cover to claim from. An expensive civil court case may not derive adequate compensation and no amount of monetary compensation can pay for the loss of a loved one at the hands of such underaged drivers and their irresponsible parents.

How many times have the Traffic Police conducted spot checks to see if drivers hold valid licenses even during those alcohol random checks?

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i really feel sad for his mother and family.
just read that and realised that he just live one block away from me.
and a school mate of my niece.

the spot of the accident is just one door away from my company.
i saw it on my way back from lunch on that day.
on that day,there was a downpour - rain quite big,so there was water on the road. it happen whenever the rain is big.
the road is bend and curve around the spot of the accident.
a colleague of mine,said maybe he is too inexperience and drive too fast.
when he hit the road side,skip and probably brake too hard.

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
but...we are are 16, can we resits stealing our dad's or our brother's car for a spin????:p till we are found out!...and banned!

or till you crash into a tree and splatter your brains on the sidewalk

good thing he didn't kill anyone else that day (or previous times)

sympathies to the family

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All parents of minors (underaged drivers) should be made responsible and culpable for such accidents even if no one else is injured or killed other than their out of control teenaged kids out for a joyride.

How many times have the Traffic Police conducted spot checks to see if drivers hold valid licenses even during those alcohol random checks?

Parents must have many regrets now, but too late lah. No use having more fines because many working parents don't have time to monitor their kids.

Traffic police only set up spot checkss at night. Probably short staffed except those manning speed traps.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
too fucking bad. boo hoo hoo. i am so sad that this dumbass killed himself.

as bros said here, good thing he didnt kill anyone else. i think he would be the next regan lee if fate didnt decide to shut him down for good in the accident.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
one must get it that high speed + wet roads + cheap tires + road bends +hard braking + brain of an idiot = tragedy of the despicable kind.

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is does not matter whether what car that person is driving...be it a cheap or expensive car....the most important thing is not to drive without a license...even if you have a license u still need to drive carefully...sad to say that there are lots of drivers out there driving without license not just the minors....even adults are doing it...I had known a lot of people who drive without license and almost all of them was never caught...when they were stop by TP, they just say that they forgot to bring their IDs and give TP a friend's ID no which they had memorized

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be kidding !

They should ban all COE cars, cheap small cars, stupid cheap cars like kia.
To prevent idiotic Malays, ghee laden Indians and lard eating Chinese from driving them ! Too many idiots allow onto the road !

Then who can drive u tell me? FTS only ar?

Pele

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is does not matter whether ..............when they were stop by TP, they just say that they forgot to bring their IDs and give TP a friend's ID no which they had memorized

Ya, it is so easy nowadays to drive without licence. Just quote a friend's NRIC and when they send him the fine he just pay up and no more problem liao. Of course your friend must be willing to cover up for you lah. Money can settle everything. No jail term wat. :biggrin:

Maybe the TP should take a photo of you with his HP and ask your friend to go to the TP office to verify that it is him who was driving the car. :rolleyes:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had known a lot of people who drive without license and almost all of them was never caught...when they were stop by TP, they just say that they forgot to bring their IDs and give TP a friend's ID no which they had memorized

OMFG!!!!!:eek:

TP Please WAKE UP!!!!!