• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

10-man team helps get 300kg diabetic to hospital

floorfilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wednesday October 27, 2010

10-man team helps get 300kg diabetic to hospital

By ANN TAN
[email protected]

GEORGE TOWN: It took 10 people to carry a man weighing about 300kg after he slipped and fell in his flat. M. Balaji had woken up to answer nature’s call when he slipped and injured his abdomen and thigh at his Bandar Baru Air Itam unit at about 6.50am yesterday. His mother, known only as Rajasundi, 60, immediately called the Penang Hospital for assistance. A civil defence team and hospital personnel arrived shortly after and pulled him out of the washroom to the living room using a piece of cloth.

bala.jpg

Heave-ho: Firefighters, civil defence personnel and hospital personnel carrying M. Balaji to the ambulance. He was sent to the Penang Hospital for treatment.

Balaji was overheard crying to the civil defence personnel to send him to the hospital immediately. “We know you are in pain but we do not have the strength to carry you down. We will have to wait for further help,” one of them told him.

A team from the Paya Terubong fire station arrived later and, after confirming he had no spinal injuries, a group of 10 men were called in to carry him down from his ninth floor unit to the ground floor using a stretcher. He was then sent to Penang Hospital for treatment. Rajasundi said her son, who is suffering from diabetes and hypertension, weighed about 280kg five years ago but had put on more weight now.

“He was born to be overweight. He already weighed 9kg when he was small,” she said of Balaji, the eldest among her five children. Rajasundi said her other children did not have a weight problem. “He used to be a hotel employee 10 years ago but when his legs started to give way due to his increasing weight, he had to quit his job and stay at home,” she added.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1000 year ago. Is really hard to find a person weight over 150kg. Now all are very lucky to be feed with so much food.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this guy is suntanning on the beach, everyone will start to push him into the ocean cos they think he's a beached whale. Look.........

bala.jpg

floorfilla

Alfrescian
Loyal
300kg man vows to lose weight

Thursday October 28, 2010

300kg man vows to lose weight

By WINNIE YEOH
[email protected]

GEORGE TOWN: The 300kg unemployed man who had to be carried by 10 men after falling in his bathroom has vowed to shed weight once out of hospital. M. Balaji, 43, was still in pain when met at Penang Hospital, where he is undergoing treatment for a fractured pelvis. Aduh, sangat sakit, I tak boleh tahanlah (I’m in great pain, I can’t stand it),” moaned Balaji, who also suffers from hypertension and diabetes.

n_31bala.jpg

In pain: Balaji recuperating at the Penang Hospital yesterday. With him is his mother M. Rajasundi, 60.

Ironically, the obese man said he used to work in the hospital for six years as a guard. “I was dismissed in 2001 after I was sick for a week. After my dismissal, I went to lodge a complaint with the Labour Department and fell while walking down the stairs,” he recalled. He said he fell again in 2005 at the courthouse stairway while climbing up for the hearing of his dismissal case, and injured his hip badly. “The court granted me compensation of 50 months’ salary which totalled RM33,000, but I only got RM13,000,” he said. Balaji receives RM500 monthly from the state Welfare Department.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Balaji was overheard crying to the civil defence personnel to send him to the hospital immediately. “We know you are in pain but we do not have the strength to carry you down. We will have to wait for further help,” one of them told him.

No pain killers??

This guy could have join the WWE.