• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depay departs PSV proud of title win and eyeing more silverware at United

7 May 2015 15:09

840630header.jpg

Memphis Depay insists he will leave PSV in June having fulfilled his dream of winning the Eredivisie – and has his sights set on ending a barren couple of years for new club Manchester United.

Both clubs confirmed on Thursday that Depay will move to Old Trafford for an undisclosed fee, an announcement that ended 12 months of speculation linking the 21-year-old with a transfer to the Premier League.

The Eredivisie's top scorer – who has netted 21 goals in 28 league appearances in 2014-15 – helped guide PSV to the title last month and is hoping to make an instant impact at United, where he is reunited with former Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal.

The forward posted on Twitter: "I always say; dream, believe, achieve. I was dreaming and believing of becoming the champions of the Eredivisie with PSV and we achieved it.

"I'm extremely grateful towards @PSV, all the fans, for believing in me.

"Now it's time to set my goals again on winning trophies with @ManUtd."

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

I´m the best coach in the Premier League - Carver

7 May 2015 15:30

1000.jpg

John Carver believes he is the "best coach in the Premier League" and insists he was not asked to resign his position at Newcastle United.

It has been a testing week for Carver, who saw Newcastle team slump to an eighth consecutive defeat in Saturday's 3-0 loss at Leicester City, leaving them just two points clear of the relegation zone.

Carver made the headlines in the aftermath of that match when he stated that he thought defender Mike Williamson got himself sent off on purpose for a late challenge on Jamie Vardy, when already on a yellow card.

Speculation subsequently mounted that Carver was set to leave St James' Park, but Newcastle released a statement saying discussions had taken place between all parties and the head coach would stay in charge.

And a bullish Carver declared ahead of Saturday's visit of West Brom: "I still think I'm the best coach in the Premier League. If I have the right tools I can still do the job.

"The statement went out and what the statement said was true. I don't want to go into detail, but I never offered to resign, I never offered to walk away, I never offered to step aside.

"Contrary to what was in media, on Twitter and other sources, once I'd had a conversation with [chief executive] Lee Charnley and knew my position, they never asked me to resign nothing came into the equation.

"It was clear in my head that I was in this for the next three games and ready to face the challenge."

Carver, who could welcome Papiss Cisse back to the first-team fold after he underwent treatment on a knee injury during a seven-match ban for spitting at Jonny Evans, also claimed he was unconcerned by speculation that Newcastle were interested in Derby County boss Steve McClaren.

"It's been going on since I took this position," he added. "I'm used to it now. I've not taken notice of it and I won't. I was down at Derby last week and had a great conversation with Steve, about social things.

"It was a real productive conversation. I've never looked at anyone coming in. I'm not interested in anything apart from this club, these three games are massive."

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Koeman backs Depay to deliver at United

7 May 2015 16:20

840544header.jpg

Former PSV coach Ronald Koeman is tipping Memphis Depay to adapt to the rigours of the Premier League as he prepares to join Manchester United.

Depay will become a United player in June, subject to a medical, and expectation levels surrounding the forward are high at the end of a stunning season in which he has scored 27 goals in all competitions to steer to PSV to Eredivisie title success.

At 21, the Netherlands international is an exciting talent and Southampton boss Koeman - in charge of PSV for 15 months from July 2006 - thinks United counterpart Louis van Gaal has pulled off a transfer coup in luring him to Old Trafford.

When asked his views on the young forward, Koeman said: "Good player, young player, fast player.

"It's for him a fantastic move. I think he was ready in Holland, he was one of the best players and to give the best he needs a step and it's a big step for him.

"We will wait and we will see if the step is not big enough for him, but he's a great talent in Holland. I think it's a very good signing for Man Utd.

"Still he has to develop himself and it will be tough for him, because the Premier League is really tough, in the physical and mental way.

"You need a very good quality to show, but for him it is a great challenge to be a player of Man Utd."

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Diving is rife in the Premier League - Dyche

7 May 2015 17:26

840580header.jpg

Diving is "rife" and at an "absurd level" in the Premier League, according to Burnley boss Sean Dyche.

Dyche and his squad, assembled at a fraction of the cost of rival clubs battling at the bottom of the table, have endured a difficult top-flight return as the Lancashire side have attempted to bridge a financial gulf in resources.

Anything less than a win at Hull City on Saturday will see Burnley, eight points adrift of safety with three games remaining, make an instant return to the Championship.

Reflecting on his season in the Premier League, Dyche is in no doubt that cheating is a widespread issue that needs addressing.

"I've found simulation to be at an absurd level," Dyche told ESPN FC.

"I've spoken about it recently, I never thought it was anywhere near as bad as it is.

"I'd be very surprised and disappointed if the powers that be don't come out in the next few years and start taking retrospective action. It's gone too far.

"My kid is 11 and I see kids at his level diving on the floor when they play. I don't think that's a good advert for the game.

"It's rife in the Premier League every single week and almost to the point where it's accepted. I find that really tough to believe."

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sherwood in the dark amid Villa takeover rumours

7 May 2015 18:18

840615header.jpg

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood says he is unaware as to the credibility of reports that a takeover bid has been lodged for the Premier League club.

Reports on Thursday claimed an offer of £150million has been made by a group of investors led by former Chelsea business director Paul Smith, which could see former England captain Tony Adams take a role with the Midlands club.

Sherwood took over at Villa Park in February and is battling to keep the club in the top flight ahead of an FA Cup final against Arsenal next month.

The former Tottenham head coach said he has not heard anything from the club's hierarchy to suggest a takeover is imminent.

"I haven't heard anything," Sherwood told reporters.

"I'm working for the football club, not the individuals who are here.

"It's one of the biggest football clubs in English football. I'm happy to be here and proud to be the manager.

"I had a chat with [owner Randy Lerner] today - he's as worried as I am about the [relegation] situation because we're still not safe.

"But I've heard nothing about [about any developments]."

Villa are two points clear of third-bottom Sunderland with three games remaining and face West Ham at home on Saturday.

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tottenham ´open´ to Bale return

7 May 2015 18:42

840628header.jpg

Tottenham are "open" to a White Hart Lane return for Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, with head coach Mauricio Pochettino revealing: "We keep his place warm back here".

Bale has come in for criticism during his second season with the European champions, and his anonymous performance in the UEFA Champions League semi-final first-leg defeat to Juventus this week saw him attract further negative attention.

"If he is not comfortable in Madrid, we keep his place warm back here," said Pochettino, who arrived at Tottenham after Bale had secured a world record switch to the Santiago Bernabeu. "We are open for him!

"It is, of course, not easy when you arrive at a huge club like Real Madrid, and the way they play. Gareth Bale has the quality to make a success, he just needs time.

"When [Zinedine] Zidane went to Real Madrid, the first season was very difficult for him, with a lot of critics. He needed time to adapt.

"The cultures are very different between England and Spain. It is very difficult for English players to arrive in Spain, there is a Siesta, you eat later.

"It is better when you come from Spain to England, when you go there, you need one or two seasons to adapt.

"I think here it is better to develop your passion in your job as a player or manager, but in Spain, for the weather, for the culture, it is difficult to adapt when you come from England. He just needs time."

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bent future yet to be decided - Sherwood

8 May 2015 10:15

840957header.jpg

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood is yet to make a decision over whether to keep Darren Bent at the club after the end of the season.

Bent, who has spent the second half of the season on loan at Championship side Derby County, will be a free agent at the end of June when his contract expires.

The England international netted 14 goals this campaign, including two in five appearances during an earlier loan spell at Brighton and Hove Albion, but has been told he is not needed for the final three games of the Premier League term as Villa seek to avoid the drop.

Sherwood said: "The door is not shut on him. I read the other day I did not want Darren Bent back - that's untrue.

"I know all about Darren Bent. I don't need to learn anything about him. There's a decision to be made over him but I can do that over a four-year memory period at Tottenham.

"I will have a chat with him but we need to stay in the Premier League. If we do, maybe we can afford his wages.

"The way the conversation with [owner] Randy Lerner will probably go is: 'I think we need another striker and I know this boy and he is available. Do we take a gamble on someone else or do we bring him back?'

"That's my decision and I'm sure Randy will say: 'that's what you get paid for, that's your decision'.

"He's a good lad and if you look at his goalscoring record it is right up there with anyone.

"He respects the fact we treat him like a man. He knows our style of management.

"It's not 'them and us'. They have to realise I'm the boss but in the end I treat him like a man and I'm honest.

"He's certainly someone who will be considered. He knows me and he knows he will get chances to score goals [if he plays for me]."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wenger: Arsenal are no longer a selling club

8 May 2015 10:57

840973header.jpg

Arsenal are no longer a selling club and will look to build on their squad to close the gap to Premier League champions Chelsea next season, says Arsene Wenger.

Wenger has lost the likes of Robin van Persie, Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Gael Clichy to rivals across Europe in recent years, but Wenger is confident the tide is turning.

With three games of the season remaining, Wenger's side sit joint second with Manchester City - albeit some 13 behind Chelsea, who were crowned champions last weekend.

"It's not easy to produce quality every year," said Wenger. "We had to sell our best players for years but we have got over that hurdle.

"We have a squad of top quality. If we can strengthen our squad then of course we will do it."

And Wenger is confident his side, who face Swansea City on Monday, have already improved defensively, especially since their disappointing trip to South Wales in November.

"We were 1-0 up away and lost in the final part of the game," he said of the 2-1 defeat at the Liberty Stadium. "It was down to sloppy defending.

"We feel we have made progress in our consistency, quality and stability.

"Defensively we have been much stronger in the second half of the season, but we still have room for improvement."

Alexis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bruce weighing up Jelavic gamble

8 May 2015 11:02

840976header.jpg

Hull City manager Steve Bruce is weighing up whether to hand Nikica Jelavic a spot in his starting XI in Saturday's crucial Premier League clash with Burnley.

The Croatia striker has been hampered by knee problems and was expected to miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery in March.

But Jelavic came on as a late substitute in Monday's 3-1 defeat to Arsenal and Bruce has not ruled out him lining up from the start as Hull look to ensure their Premier League status.

Bruce said: "[Jelavic] has trained for the last 10, 11 days - he's a goalscorer, in this level you obviously need to score goals. It's good that he's in the equation. I've got to make the right decision.

"If Jelavic had stayed fit, I don't think we'd be in the problem that we're in. That's how important he is. We've found it really difficult to cope without him. It's such a big important part."

The news is not as good for midfielder Mohamed Diame, who is set to undergo knee surgery next week and will not feature in the final three games of the campaign.

Hull are one point above the bottom three having won two of the last three games and could take a huge step towards safety with victory.

But Bruce added: "We've just struggled to predict the election, so how can we predict this [the relegation battle]. It's been so up and down. [There is] Still a lot to play for, it looks like it's going to go down to the wire.

"Two weeks ago Aston Villa and Newcastle weren't really in it, but now they're right in amongst it.

"We might need a couple of results. Would four be points enough? I think you would be very unlucky if you went down with 38 [points]."

Alexis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sturridge sidelined until September. says Rodgers

8 May 2015 11:09

841115header.jpg

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers does not expect Daniel Sturridge to return to training until September as he recovers from hip surgery.

Sturridge underwent an operation in the United States on Tuesday, and Rodgers has admitted the injury-plagued England striker will not be fit for the start of the 2015-16 campaign.

"It's a period of time out, but we're hopeful the problems and issues he's had have been resolved with the operation," Rodgers said on Friday.

"Now he can recover and hopefully get back as quick as he possibly can.

"We're anticipating it's going to be around September before he can actually start training and then it's about getting his fitness up."

Sturridge has endured a hugely frustrating 2014-15 season, scoring five goals in just 18 appearances across all competitions.

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Liverpool were never interested in Depay - Rodgers

8 May 2015 11:14

841114header.jpg

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has claimed the club were never interested in new Manchester United signing Memphis Depay.

United confirmed on Thursday that they had agreed to sign Netherlands international Depay from Eredivisie champions PSV, a deal that will be completed once the transfer window reopens in June, subject to a medical.

Depay had been linked with a number of clubs across Europe after netting 27 goals in all competitions as PSV broke Ajax's grip on the Dutch title, and the Eindhoven club's technical director Marcel Brands alleged Depay chose United over Liverpool.

However, Rodgers insisted: "It [a move for Depay] wasn't something we were ever interested in. We already have four wingers at the club. We have other priorities."

Asked about Liverpool's options up front for next season, with Daniel Sturridge set for another spell on the sidelines, Rodgers added: "Young Divock [Origi] coming in will be a great asset for us. We will see what the summer brings."

Ramsey

Alfrescian
Loyal

No QPR deal, insists Ramsey

8 May 2015 11:38

840993header.jpg

Chris Ramsey insists he is yet to agree a deal to remain as QPR head coach next season.

Reports this week suggested Ramsey, who stepped into the role following the departure of Harry Redknapp in February, would be retained by the Loftus Road outfit regardless of whether they were relegated to the Championship come the end of the season.

"We've had discussions before but nothing has been put in concrete," he said. "There's still the rest of the season to be getting on with.

"I'm hoping I'm going to be here, but we haven't actually put pen to paper and put anything in stone yet.

"A decision is going to be made at the end of the season. I'm hoping it will be me at the helm, but we haven't put pen to paper yet."

QPR are seven points adrift of safety with three Premier League matches left to play and visit Manchester City on Sunday.

"I think the club is in a rebuilding phase anyway, whatever division we're in," Ramsey added.

"It's important that everybody around the club realises that we need stability and some foundations in place to make sure that the future looks bright for Queens Park Rangers."

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Allardyce hails West Ham progression

8 May 2015 11:44

840992header.jpg

Sam Allardyce has praised West Ham's squad for overachieving against the targets he set at the start of the Premier League campaign.

Despite a frustrating second half of the season, West Ham have already exceeded their points totals from 2012-13 and 2013-14 while being on course for a top-half finish.

Allardyce has come in for criticism from sections of the club's support and his own future remains unclear, but the former Bolton Wanderers boss has targeted three points at Aston Villa on Saturday.

"If you look at the progress we're making, in the three seasons we've had in the Premier League we've struggled in a couple of months of those," Allardyce said.

"We'll look at the season as a whole, we've already got one more point than we've achieved so far, we've already scored more goals so there are some big positives there.

"Year three of our progress is very, very good indeed.

"At the start of the season we knew all the new players would have to contribute hugely if were to reach our target of 50 points, the new players have made a massive difference to us.

"On Saturday we have to continue our progress of making sure we keep a clean sheet."

Allardyce hopes to have James Tomkins available at Villa Park after a dislocated shoulder, but Winston Reid continues to be sidelined.

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

QPR will not hurry Ferdinand return

8 May 2015 12:03

841001header.jpg

QPR head coach Chris Ramsey says the club will not push Rio Ferdinand into making a return following the recent death of his wife Rebecca.

The former England defender confirmed news of his partner's passing following a short battle with cancer in a statement on the club's official website last Saturday.

And Ramsey says any decision over a comeback for Ferdinand will be left to the player himself.

"We're not going to push anything or even mention it to him," he said. "Some things are greater than your job.

"If he decides to come back and train and make himself available, then he'll be in contention to be picked."

Asked whether Ferdinand might have played his last game for QPR, Ramsey added: "I'm not really even think about that.

"From his point of view, he's probably thinking about how he's going to move on with the rest of his life at this moment in time."

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pulis defends Carver over ´best coach´ claims

8 May 2015 12:40

841019header.jpg

West Brom boss Tony Pulis has defended Newcastle United boss John Carver over his claims he is "the best coach in the Premier League".

Pulis' men travel to St James' Park to take on a Newcastle side that sits just two points above the relegation zone following a run of eight consecutive defeats.

Carver's outlandish statement amid Newcastle's predicament has unsurprisingly raised eyebrows.

But speaking at his pre-match press conference, Pulis said: "John finds himself in a very, very difficult situation and what he said was how he saw it in his own mind.

"We have all got that self-confidence. It's important that John shows that.

"When he took over most people probably thought they were safe full-stop and they have just got dragged into it.

"The big thing about football is that you should never ever take anything for granted. As soon as you do it turns around and kicks you up the backside.

"If he said anything different it could be seen as being detrimental because he's in charge. He's leading from the front and you have to show that. It's a very tough situation.

"But what you have to remember is that all managers down there are under the cosh."

West Brom, who are seven points above the bottom three, appear safe from the relegation. But Pulis insists his side's effort will not drop.

He added: "We have a responsibility to ourselves and everybody in the league that we go out there and give it our best and if that's not good enough then at least we have given our best."

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal: I was forced to sign Depay

8 May 2015 13:40

841051header.jpg

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says he was "forced" to sign Memphis Depay to prevent him from joining Paris Saint-Germain.

It was confirmed on Thursday that winger Depay would move to Old Trafford from PSV for an undisclosed fee, an announcement that ended 12 months of speculation linking the 21-year-old with a transfer to the Premier League.

However, Van Gaal insists that - in an ideal world - he would not have delved into the transfer market until the end of the season.

"I have been forced to sign him," he said. "I don't want to sign before the end of the season because we have to focus on our games and, when you sign a player, you disturb the focus of your present group of players.

"And the coming matches are very important for Manchester United.

"Because of the market, I must handle because he would have signed for PSG. That's why I signed Memphis Depay."

And Van Gaal, who has previously managed Depay at international level with Netherlands, says his contacts came in handy when preventing a move to Ligue 1.

"At that time he was not reached by me because I don't want to speak with players before the season has been ended," he added. "I have also a feeling towards my players.

"But now, because of the close relationship I have with the management of PSV, I could handle it."

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Carrick to miss remainder of season

8 May 2015 13:12

841027header.jpg

Manchester United will be without Michael Carrick for their final three games of the season as the midfielder continues to struggle with a calf injury.

The England international has not featured since picking up the problem in the 4-2 Premier League win over Manchester City on April 12.

On Friday, Louis van Gaal confirmed the injury was more serious than first thought - the Dutchman also suggesting he will look to bolster his midfield options when the transfer window reopens.

"Carrick is not available, it was more heavy than we thought," he told MUTV.

"We tried everything but now we have to think about next season. He shall not play anymore this season, it's better now to focus for him on next season and being fit to start.

"When you see the stats, it's clear that he's very important but that's also because we have only right-sided holding midfielder.

"That's what I am saying already in the whole of the season, that our selection is not balanced, and I want to restore that in the next transfer period.

"The life is not ending at 34, but for a professional football player, it's close by. That's why I have to handle again in that position."

Pellegrini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Toure talks to wait - Pellegrini

8 May 2015 14:24

841067header.jpg

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini says he will not discuss the future of midfielder Yaya Toure until a more appropriate time.

Toure's agent was quoted on Thursday as saying his client was "90 per cent" certain to leave the Etihad Stadium at the end of the season.

However, Pellegrini is fully focused on City's Premier League run-in, with relegation-threatened QPR the visitors on Sunday.

"We talk about the next season in the right moment," he said at a pre-match news conference.

"Yaya has a contract here [until 2017]. We are focussed on our team and the players."

City's title defence came to an end last weekend as Chelsea beat Crystal Palace to clinch the Premier League crown.

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mourinho honours ´champion´ Gerrard

8 May 2015 15:25

841097header.jpg

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has hailed Steven Gerrard as a "champion" as he prepares to face the Liverpool captain for what is likely to be the last time.

Liverpool visit Stamford Bridge on Sunday, trying to upset the newly crowned Premier League champions and boost their own bid to achieve a top-four finish.

And with Gerrard set to depart Anfield for LA Galaxy at the end of the season after over 16 years in Liverpool's first-team squad, Mourinho - a long-time admirer of the midfielder - heaped praise on the former England captain.

"Speaking of Liverpool, it's my time to honour a champion, to honour Steven Gerrard," Mourinho said on Friday.

"It's because of opponents like him, I am the manager I am. I learn from the best opponents, with the problems they give.

"It's the way they make me think, the way they make me analyse them. Gerrard is for sure one of my favourite enemies.

"I tried to bring him to Chelsea, tried to bring him to Inter, tried to bring him to Real Madrid.

"I'm very sad this is the last time I play against him. It's people like him make me a very good coach. I'm sad.

"Who knows, maybe I play against Steven when he is Liverpool manager one day."

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mourinho not rushing over new deal

8 May 2015 15:40

841113header.jpg

Jose Mourinho insists Chelsea have no cause to fret over a new contract as he has no intention of leaving the Premier League champions.

After guiding Chelsea to their fifth top-flight title – and third under his charge – the Portuguese manager had been expected to pen fresh terms at Stamford Bridge.

His deal runs until 2017 and, while he is keen to stay, Mourinho says there is no hurry to agree a new contract with owner Roman Abramovich.

"I don't need a contract," he said. "Mr Abramovich has to be, in my opinion, very calm. He has me.

"I want to stay, I don't want to leave. I'm not asking for a new or better contract.

"If the owner wants me to stay, I'm staying."

Chelsea host Liverpool this weekend, having beaten Brendan Rodgers' side 2-1 at Anfield in November.