• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

446823_thumb.jpg

Cleverley mulling over Aston Villa move
The England international has already met with former Red Devils captain and current Vilans assistant boss Roy Keane to discuss a transfer

450226_thumb.jpg

McCarthy completes QPR switch
The former England U21 international expressed his delight at joining the Premier League side having previously tasted brief top-flight football with Reading

446812_thumb.jpg

Chelsea reignite Remy interest after Torres exit
The Blues have made a move to bring the Frenchman to Stamford Bridge, with only Diego Costa and Didier Drogba to call on following the Spaniard's Italian switch

450217_thumb.jpg

Tottenham agree Stambouli deal with Montpellier
The France Under-21 international looked set to sign for Serie A side Fiorentina but he is now seemingly bound for White Hart Lane

447196_thumb.jpg

Torres joins AC Milan on loan
The Spanish striker has been charged with the responsibility of filling the void left by Mario Balotelli at San Siro, after being deemed surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge

450196_thumb.jpg

Middlesbrough loan Chelsea starlet Bamford
The 20-year-old will join fellow Blues youngster Kenneth Omeruo at the Riverside Stadium, while midfielder Lewis Baker could also follow before Monday's deadline

450168_thumb.jpg

'Fantastic' Lallana set to make Liverpool debut - Rodgers
The former Southampton captain is yet to feature for the Reds after sustaining knee ligament damage in pre-season but could make a comeback this weekend

448573_thumb.jpg

Costa in Chelsea squad to face Everton
The Brazil-born Spaniard was rated as a "big doubt" for the match by Jose Mourinho but has come through a light training session without aggravating his minor muscular injury

409919_thumb.jpg

Barcelona to loan out Song to West Ham
The Cameroon international will travel to England on a private jet and undergo a medical on Saturday ahead of a temporary switch to Upton Park

449800_thumb.jpg

Van Gaal: Di Maria will make debut v Burnley
The manager has confirmed that Manchester United's record signing will feature against the newly promoted club but that Marcos Rojo will have to wait

447196_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: Torres can leave if he wants
The Blues boss says the Spain international has not asked to leave the club but hinted that anything is possible ahead of the close of the transfer window

449597_thumb.jpg

Diego Costa a big doubt for Everton, says Mourinho
The Spaniard sustained a minor muscular injury on Wednesday and has missed two days of training, but the Chelsea boss has not ruled out including him on the bench

446812_thumb.jpg

QPR offer Remy new deal
The striker saw a move to Liverpool collapse and has attracted interest from Chelsea and Newcastle but could commit to the Loftus Road club after the transfer window closes

440833_thumb.jpg

Hull City closing on Abel Hernandez deal
Tigers manager Steve Bruce confirms that his side have agreed personal terms with the striker, who has also passed a medical and now awaits a decision on a work permit

447184_thumb.jpg

Rojo work permit taking longer than expected, admits Van Gaal
The Argentine defender has agreed a move to Manchester United but, unlike fellow arrival Angel Di Maria, does not have a European passport to smooth the switch

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goalkeeper McCarthy joins QPR

QPR have announced the signing of highly rated goalkeeper Alex McCarthy from Reading on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee

Alex%20McCarthy.jpg

Saturday 30th August 2014

Rangers boss Harry Redknapp has tipped McCarthy, who won three caps for England Under-21s, as a future full international, and was thrilled to have captured his services.

"I am delighted to bring Alex in," he said.

"He's a great young goalkeeper with a great future in front of him. I think he's got the potential to be a future England goalkeeper one day, so to have him here at QPR is fantastic.

"We've got Rob Green and Brian Murphy, and Alex's arrival here helps to further strengthen the goalkeeping department.

"I want to have competition for places in all areas of the pitch, and you can't have too much quality in your squad.

"He is a great signing for the club, and for the future of QPR."

McCarthy revealed the Redknapp factor was key in his decision to move to Loftus Road, despite late interest from a number of big top-flight clubs.

"I spoke to Harry a few times and that was probably the icing on the cake for me," he said.

"I'm only 24 and I want to be playing games - there are goalkeepers out there that have sat on the bench and been forgotten about. I don't want to be one of those. It's a great challenge for me."

And he is relishing the opportunity to return to the top level.

"I'm over the moon to be back in the Premier League," said McCarthy, who will come into contention after the international break.

"When you're growing up, all you dream about is playing in the best league in the world - I had a taste of it at Reading, but to be back here now is fantastic."

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Redknapp: I'll sign new QPR deal soon enough

Harry Redknapp is ready to sign a contact extension at QPR in the coming days as he once again insisted he will keep the Hoops in the Barclays Premier League this season.

185350806.jpg

Following defeats in their opening two league fixtures, reports began circling earlier in the week that QPR chairman Tony Fernandes was ready to make an early change of manager.

Tim Sherwood was linked with the hotseat as his former employers Tottenham put Rangers to the sword with a clinical 4-0 victory on Sunday but Redknapp, who brought the club back up through the play-offs, revealed he is ready to commit his future to the Loftus Road outfit.

"Maybe [I'll sign] today or tomorrow, whenever," he said.

"It's there, Tony's offered me an extension for two years and I'll sign it. I haven't read it, I probably won't read it, I'll just sign it."

The 67-year-old refuted claims he was set to be replaced and is ready to keep the club up after he admitted in the summer he would have retired had he not gained promotion back into the top flight.

"It's absolute rubbish, we've played two games, he (Fernandes) wants me to sign a two-year extension," added Redknapp.

"He's been asking me for a little while but we've just not got around to doing it. Maybe today if they put it in front of me, I'll sign it. If not, next week.

"I wanted to come back into the Premier League, I want to stay here and I will stay here this year - we'll stay up."

Having lost at home to Hull and away at Sky Bet League 2 side Burton either side of the Spurs thrashing, Redknapp's side face Sunderland at Loftus Road on Saturday looking for their first win of the season.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Martinez wary of in-form Chelsea

Everton boss Roberto Martinez expects Chelsea to provide a formidable test of his side's mettle this weekend.

453530946.jpg

The Toffees have impressed in their opening two Barclays Premier League games but they twice surrendered leads to draw 2-2 with both Leicester and Arsenal.

Martinez knows the punishment for any mishaps could be even more severe as the title favourites visit Goodison Park on Saturday evening.

Martinez said: "We know it is going to be a difficult test, but we feel hurt about the points we have dropped so late and everything is down to us to try to be as good as we can.

"But unless you are at your top level you can't really compete against teams like Chelsea.

"It is clear Chelsea and Manchester City have started really strongly. They have shown they have no stopping period, they have just started where they left off.

"They are looking in top form straight away and it could be a really difficult sign for everyone else.

"We know how they played last season and now they have got more flair and more options in attack. That makes them a very complete team."

Martinez guided Everton to fifth in his first season in charge and expects to be challenging at the top end again.

He has seen plenty of positive signs but knows his team need to sustain their stronger spells.

This was highlighted last weekend as they allowed Arsenal to come back from 2-0 down with seven minutes remaining.

Martinez said: "It has been very curious (so far). We have shown incredible signs of the team that we can be.

"We need to extend the first 45-minute performance for 90 minutes.

"When we do that I think we are going to see the potential of the squad."

Martinez will check on the fitness of his two former Chelsea strikers before deciding if he can unleash them on their old club.

Samuel Eto'o, released by Chelsea at the end of last season, this week joined the Merseysiders on a two-year contract.

A lack of match fitness might make him an unlikely starter while Romelu Lukaku, whose successful loan from Stamford Bridge was made permanent for £28million this summer, has a toe injury.

Both players could have reason for wanting to prove a point to former boss Jose Mourinho, although Eto'o this week attempted to draw a line under his dispute with the Portuguese.

Last season Mourinho irritated Eto'o, now 33, by making disparaging remarks about the player's age.

Lukaku was given little opportunity by Mourinho but Martinez does not think the Belgian would have any added motivation.

Martinez said: "I think Rom has found a very strong inner motivation - I don't think he is motivated by who he is facing.

"I think it has been more about his role and status at Everton.

"He is a vital player for us and I think he is enjoying that. He has embraced it.

"I feel we are going to see the best of Rom this season. We are really excited about his performances in all competitions - not because he is facing a former club."

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

450476_thumb.jpg

Everton 3-6 Chelsea: Costa scores twice in thriller
The Brazil-born Spaniard - who was a fitness doubt for the game with a minor muscular injury - continued his prolific scoring form as goals reigned supreme at Goodison Park

447550_thumb.jpg

Falcao to Man City just a rumour - Pellegrini
The Manchester City boss refused to comment on rumours that the club are readying a bid for the Monaco striker in the wake of Saturday's home defeat to Stoke City

450489_thumb.jpg

Newcastle 3-3 Crystal Palace: Zaha rescues late point on Warnock debut
The winger, who arrived on loan from Manchester United on Thursday, struck in injury time to hand Palace their first point of the new season

450431_thumb.jpg

QPR 1-0 Sunderland: Austin goal gets Rs first win
The former Burnley striker fired his first Premier League goal into the top corner on the stroke of half-time to give Harry Redknapp's men their first win this season

450439_thumb.jpg

Manchester City 0-1 Stoke City: Diouf wonderstrike shocks holders
The Senegal international ran 80 yards with the ball to score the only goal of the game as Potters boss Mark Hughes handed his former club their first defeat of the season

450425_thumb.jpg

West Ham 1-3 Southampton: Two-goal Schneiderlin turns it around
The France international midfielder put in a match-winning performance, overturning Mark Noble's first-half opener before Graziano Pelle got his first Premier League strike

450433_thumb.jpg

Swansea City 3-0 West Brom: Dyer at the double for the hosts
The winger struck either side of a sublime effort from Wayne Routledge as Garry Monk's side sit at the top of the Premier League after three straight wins

450392_thumb.jpg

West Brom announce Blanco signing
The 26-year-old, twice capped for Argentina, signs a two-year deal at the Hawthorns and becomes the Baggies' 11th signing of a busy summer window

444767_thumb.jpg

Official: West Ham loan Alex Song from Barcelona
The former Arsenal midfielder returns to the Premier League after a two-year absence to become Sam Allardyce's seventh summer signing on a season-long temporary move

446812_thumb.jpg

Remy set to join Chelsea, says Redknapp
The France international striker had been due to face Sunderland on Saturday but his manager withdrew him after a breakthrough was made on a deal to take him to Stamford Bridge

450374_thumb.jpg

Burnley 0-0 Manchester United: Van Gaal still without a win despite Di Maria debut
The Red Devils' dismal start to the season continued despite the presence of the Argentina international who lasted 68 minutes before being replaced by Anderson

391047_thumb.jpg

Arsenal submit new €27m bid for Carvalho
The Gunners have already had a €25m offer rejected by Sporting this summer but are now in the final stages of resolving complications in the deal

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Van Gaal slams Man Utd for missed chances

450398_heroa.jpg

By Christopher Devine
Aug 30, 2014 17:17:00

The Dutchman is still searching for his first Premier League win after his side were held to a goalless stalemate at Turf Moor

Louis van Gaal criticised his team's poor finishing after it cost Manchester United all three points in Saturday's goalless draw with Burnley.

The Dutchman is still searching for his Premier League season as United have registered two points from their opening three matches.

“We played much better in the second half and created more chances,” Van Gaal told MUTV. “But you have to score from those chances, and we didn’t do that. It’s a disappointing result.”

Van Gaal concedes his side displayed a lack of confidence in the early stages of the match against Burnley and believes his players were “nervous” in possession.

“It was our mistake to fight with Burnley, even though they have fantastic fighting spirit. You have to play with the ball against teams like Burnley,” said the United boss.

“I don’t think our confidence level was very high in the first half. But I think that’s normal when a club like United loses the first match and draws the second one.

“The pressure is higher and you have to cope with that. I could see in the first half that the players were very nervous to play the ball.

“We restored that in the second half, and maybe that will raise our confidence.”

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Man Utd agree deal with Ajax to sign Blind

449614_heroa.jpg

By Chris Davie
Aug 30, 2014 10:40:00

The two clubs have agreed a €17.5 million fee for the 24-year-old as Louis van Gaal moves to strengthen his defensive options before the end of the transfer window

Manchester United have confirmed a deal has been agreed with Ajax for Daley Blind and the move will be completed after a medical and personal terms have been finalised.

The two clubs have agreed a €17.5 million fee, while the 24-year-old is now set to hold contract talks with United.

A statement from Ajax read: "Ajax and Manchester United have reached an agreement over the transfer of Daley Blind for a fee of €17.5m.

"His contract with Ajax was due to expire in June 2016. The agreement is subject to the fulfilment of a number of conditions."

Louis van Gaal is keen to strengthen his defensive options following the arrival of Marcos Rojo from Sporting, although the Argentina international has not yet obtained a work permit and is still unavailable for selection.

Blind, who told Goal earlier in August that he would find it difficult to turn down a move to Old Trafford, primarily plays as a left-back but is capable of covering in central defence.

Blind is set to become United's sixth signing of the summer following the arrivals of Ander Herrera, Luke Shaw, Vanja Milinkovic, Rojo and Di Maria, who joined from Real Madrid in a deal worth €75m on Tuesday.

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Scholes: Blind not strong enough for Man Utd

449614_heroa.jpg

By James Willoughby
Aug 30, 2014 12:21:00

The United legend has cast his uncertainty of the Dutchman's involvement at Old Trafford and doubts his physicality for the English game

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes has questioned the club's move for Ajax defender Daley Blind.

Blind is expected to sign for United in the coming days after the Premier League club announced on Saturday that they have had an offer - which Ajax later confirmed to be €17.5 million - accepted for the player.

The 24-year-old starred for the Netherlands at this year's World Cup under now-United manager Louis van Gaal.

But Blind's versatility may also be his downfall, according to United icon Scholes, who feels the player may be forced into central midfield.

"I'm not too sure what position he is going to play in," Scholes told BT Sport when asked where Blind - primarily used as a left wing-back for the Netherlands - would fit in.

"I don't think he is strong enough for a left-back in England.

"And the only place we can seem to get him into the team in central midfield. He's a very good footballer but is he the answer? We will wait and see.

"We don't really know what position he is. United are not in a position now to be taking risks. They need proper central midfield players. They obviously haven't fancied them or haven't been able to get them.

"I think he's a really good footballer but is he a central midfielder?"

Blind will sit out Ajax's Eredivisie trip to Groningen on Sunday as he undergoes a medical and discusses personal terms with United.

Should his switch to Old Trafford be completed, he will become Van Gaal's third signing as United manager, following the arrivals of Angel di Maria - for a British transfer record of £59.7m - and Marcos Rojo.

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Rodgers: Liverpool not the 'The Mario Balotelli Show'

448928_heroa.jpg

By Tom Davis
Aug 30, 2014 08:24:00

The Northern Irishman expressed his delight the attitude of the Italy international, who has impressed in training, but emphasised that he is just one of many players at the club

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists Mario Balotelli will not take centre-stage ahead of other players at the club.

The 24-year-old became the club’s ninth summer signing after penning a three-year deal at Anfield on Monday, filling a void by the departure of Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

But after being the focus of much attention at the club’s training ground on Friday, and having dominated the headlines at previous clubs, Rodgers was adamant that his side will not be a one-man show and warned the Italian that he will need to be "part of a team".

"I don’t just think they were trying to see just him," he told reporters when asked about fans sneaking a glimpse of Balotelli at the club's training base. "He’s a good player, a talented player, but he’s got a lot of work to do here.

"We have got a number of top-class players here and the star of this team will always be the team, so I don’t think they were climbing on the bins just to see him.

"This isn’t The Mario Balotelli Show, I’ll tell you that now. This will be about him being part of the team and performing like everyone else."

Balotelli was a controversial figure in England during his tenure at Manchester City after hitting the headlines for his erratic behaviour off the pitch, yet Rodgers - who is set to play him against Tottenham on Sunday - feels the striker has since matured.

"It will be a different story here," he insisted. "Conditions are different at Liverpool. You have to behave yourself in a certain way. Simple.

"We have already got somewhere here for him, he’s sorted. That’s key for us. He’s a Liverpool player, not a Manchester player, so he will be here.

"I have spoken at length to Mario since he has been here. He is definitely a mature boy. He is very, very bright. He now feels that it is time to show the type of player he is.

"Everyone knows his quality and we have seen it this week in training. We have seen the sheer power and pace and the touch that he has. He wants to score goals and he wants to do it consistently.

"That is why we are making sure we focus on his football."

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Diouf stunner hands City loss at Etihad

Mame Biram Diouf scored a sensational winner as Stoke claimed a shock 1-0 win over Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

454372402.jpg

Sunday 31st August 2014

Diouf ran from deep inside his own half to nutmeg Joe Hart after 58 minutes and hand the Potters a first top-flight away victory over City since 1980.

Diouf, who was denied a penalty in the first half, might also have scored an instant second as City lost their composure.

City, who had won their previous seven Premier League matches, wanted a spot-kick themselves late on but Yaya Toure was booked for diving after a challenge by Erik Pieters.

Toure had earlier had one of City's best chances when he struck the bar in the latter stages of the first half.

The two line-ups suggested the game could be an open and attack-minded one, and so it eventually proved after a cagey first half.

Sergio Aguero came in for his first start of the season after two goals off the bench, and Stoke included Victor Moses, Peter Crouch and Jonathan Walters.

Aguero seemed set for a rough afternoon as he was hurt in a heavy tackle from Ryan Shawcross and required treatment after just two minutes.

Stoke created the first serious opportunity when Steven Nzonzi broke, but the Frenchman failed to keep his composure and blazed well over.

New City signing Bacary Sagna, selected ahead of fans' favourite Pablo Zabaleta, showed some encouraging signs early in his debut.

The former Arsenal right-back cut the ball back for Samir Nasri to test Asmir Begovic with City's first opportunity.

Sagna showed his ability in defence with a well-timed challenge on Moses but, on the opposite flank, Aleksandar Kolarov was caught out and lucky not to concede a penalty.

Kolarov was wrong-footed by Diouf and then appeared to trip the Senegal forward on the edge of the area. Diouf appealed to referee Lee Mason but the official hardly seemed to give the incident a moment's thought.

Toure shot over as City pieced together a good move but play was held up after an off-the-ball tussle between Stevan Jovetic and Shawcross.

The pair squared up to each other but Mason, City captain Vincent Kompany and Stoke goalkeeper Begovic stepped in.

City were forced into a change when midfielder Fernando, impressive in his first few appearances for the club, seemed to injure his groin. Fellow Brazilian Fernandinho was his ready-made replacement.

City produced their best attack of the first half just before the break when Aguero's backheel fed Kolarov and his cross was clipped against the woodwork by Toure.

Nasri went close to opening the scoring soon after the restart but Phil Bardsley made a timely intervention to deflect his effort narrowly wide.

City appeared to have stepped up a gear and Toure extended Begovic as he met a Nasri cross with a well-struck shot.

Stoke were not rattled, however, and took the lead in exhilarating fashion just before the hour as Diouf started a breakaway from inside his own half.

His touched the ball past Kolarov, outpaced Fernandinho to reach the area and then slid a cool shot through Joe Hart's legs.

It might have immediately got worse for City as Peter Odemwingie robbed Martin Demichelis and whipped in a dangerous cross, but Diouf was inches away from connecting.

Odemwingie had only entered the action at half-time but it proved his last involvement and he was carried off on a stretcher after 65 minutes.

City started to show some urgency and Aguero appealed for a penalty after dribbling into the box and seeing his shot take a deflection which caught Marc Wilson on the hand.

Toure powered forward again only to see a strong drive deflected wide.

There was then controversy involving Toure when he went down in the area three minutes from time as Pieters challenged, but Mason told him to get up and brandished a yellow card.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man Utd can still win Premier League, insists Van Gaal

448375_heroa.jpg

By Dan Brett
Aug 30, 2014 08:03:00

The manager believes title glory is still well within reach in his first season at Old Trafford and targets victory over Burnley in "step process"

Louis van Gaal insists Manchester United can still win the Premier League this season, despite a winless start to the season.

The Dutchman is still searching for his first league win of the new campaign after an opening day defeat at home to Swansea City was followed by a 1-1 draw at Sunderland last Sunday.

“We can be the champions still in England now, in my first year. Maybe you shall laugh, but also in my former clubs I have started like this, so for me it’s not big news or different, because I have already said that," Van Gaal told reporters.

"But you have to survive as a trainer, as a manager. You have to survive, because, nowadays, the fans are asking for results and this is the question: can I receive enough time to do all the steps we have to do?

"Maybe you the media can support Louis van Gaal. Do you believe in him? Yes? Okay. What a fantastic end, a fantastic end."

Van Gaal takes United to Turf Moor 22 years after his Ajax side beat Burnley 1-0 in a pre-season match and the 63-year-old believes he faces a similar situation at Old Trafford to the one he was given by the Dutch club.

"It’s a long time ago but yes, I know about that game as I was there. We won. I remember that. More importantly, though, it was also a step in the process for me with Ajax. That is what I talk about here. We won the Uefa Cup in the first year but had to wait for other things. Then we won the domestic cup, another step in the process," he added.

"I am confident about things here. Because everywhere I have been before I have showed it. That’s why. Not because of other things.

"I don’t believe my philosophy won’t work at Manchester United. I believe that at the end of the process I think everybody will be happy that I was here. You too, I hope.

"This game at Burnley will be difficult for us. It’s not a big stadium or a big pitch so it will be a fantastic atmosphere and I believe the supporters shall stimulate the players of Burnley."

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

450899_thumb.jpg

Pochettino: Slow start cost Tottenham in Liverpool loss
Raheem Sterling gave the visitors the lead after just eight minutes before Steven Gerrard scored a penalty in the opening stages of the second half to put the game beyond Spurs

435701_thumb.jpg

Arsenal line up Bacca bid
The Gunners could make a transfer deadline move for the Sevilla striker, with the Spanish club understood to be willing to accept a €16 million fee for the Colombian

450803_thumb.jpg

Balotelli never marked for a corner in his life until now - Rodgers
The coach has claimed that the striker had never had to do defensive duties on set pieces in his entire career before joining up with the Reds

442805_thumb.jpg

Blind bids farewell to Ajax ahead of Man Utd move
The Netherlands international is set to become Louis van Gaal's fifth major summer signing and thanked those associated with the Dutch outfit before his exit

450850_thumb.jpg

Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Sanchez strikes again but Ulloa secures point for Foxes
The summer signing notched his second goal, and first in the Premier League, but the newly promoted outfit held on to secure a valuable point against the Gunners

450803_thumb.jpg

Gerrard: Terrific Balotelli can be the difference for Liverpool
The striker made his bow as the Reds ran out comfortable 3-0 winners over Tottenham, with the Italian linking up well with Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling

447196_thumb.jpg

Official: Torres joins AC Milan on loan
The Spanish striker has completed his move away from Chelsea and has been charged with the responsibility of filling the void left by Mario Balotelli at San Siro

450259_thumb.jpg

Official: Remy signs for Chelsea
The striker, who was on the verge of joining Liverpool until he failed a medical, has moved to Stamford Bridge in an £8.5m deal that sees him replace Milan-bound Fernando Torres

385639_thumb.jpg

Official: Kagawa returns to Dortmund
The attacking midfielder has ended his stay at Manchester United and, after leaving two years ago, BVB have confirmed that the Japan international will be back in the Bundesliga

417228_thumb.jpg

Tottenham close in on Welbeck signing
Spurs are hoping to secure a loan deal for the England international before the close of the transfer window, with the 23-year-old having fallen down the Old Trafford pecking order

450757_thumb.jpg

Man City wait on Fernando injury update
The summer arrival was forced off during the first half of Saturday's 1-0 loss to Stoke City with a suspected groin injury and will undergo scans on Sunday

450802_thumb.jpg

Aston Villa 2-1 Hull City: Agbonlahor & Weimann maintain hosts' strong start
Nikica Jelavic set up a nervy end but the hosts were the superior side throughout thanks to two first-half goals, with Michael Dawson making his debut for the Tigers

450806_thumb.jpg

Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Sterling shines on Balotelli debut
The winger netted the first after just eight minutes and was a constant threat throughout as the hosts collapsed to Brendan Rodgers's side for the third successive game

402805_thumb.jpg

QPR line up Jeremain Lens as Remy replacement
The France international is set to complete a move to Chelsea, leaving Harry Redknapp to weigh up striker options ahead of Monday night's transfer deadline

445159_thumb.jpg

Martinez: Chelsea put the fear in Everton
The Toffees remain winless in the Premier League this season after a 6-3 home defeat to Chelsea and the manager is keen to improve their intensity at the back

412336_thumb.jpg

Arsenal drop Remy interest
The France international was at the centre of a transfer tussle between the Gunners and Chelsea but the north Londoners have now dropped their interest in the striker

448854_thumb.jpg

Rodgers: I laid down the law to Balotelli
The Italy international joined the Reds for €20m from AC Milan earlier this summer and the Northern Irishman admits he has had to have a conversation with the striker already

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

449953_thumb.jpg

Manchester United set to clinch Falcao loan deal
The Colombia international is expected to fly to Manchester today to undergo a medical ahead of a sensational transfer deadline switch from Monaco to Old Trafford

449700_thumb.jpg

El Ahmadi leaves Villa for Feyenoord return
The Morocco midfielder, 29, will move back to De Kuip on a three-year deal after two seasons at Villa Park as Tom Cleverley continues to be linked with a move to the Midlands club

451181_thumb.jpg

Crystal Palace to win McArthur race
The Wigan and Scotland midfielder is wanted by a number of Premier League clubs, and could return to the top flight in a deal worth around €9 million on deadline day

420733_thumb.jpg

Liverpool make Valdes move
The former Barcelona goalkeeper is coming back to fitness after a serious knee injury and could be set to make a Deadline Day move to Anfield

400417_thumb.jpg

QPR and West Ham lead race for Defoe
The former Tottenham striker, who moved to MLS club Toronto in February 2014, could be set for a swift return to the Premier League before the transfer window closes

411953_thumb.jpg

Man Utd send Powell to Leicester on loan
The 20-year-old was wanted by Sunderland and Hull City but is set to move to the King Power Stadium after spending last season with Wigan in the Championship

450915_thumb.jpg

'Balotelli was excellent' - Rodgers delight at Liverpool debut
The striker nearly scored twice as the Reds ran out comfortable 3-0 winners over Tottenham and his new manager has praised the new signings work rate on and off the field

450346_thumb.jpg

Campbell demands Arsenal exit
The Costa Rica international does not believe Arsene Wenger will afford him enough playing time and is eager to join Benfica on loan

443919_thumb.jpg

Manchester City line up Falcao as Negredo agrees Valencia deal
The Monaco striker could leave France on transfer deadline day, while the Spain international is set for a season's loan back to his home country with a view to a permanent move

442290_thumb.jpg

Manchester United make late push for Nigel de Jong
The Red Devils are set to press ahead with a €10 million swoop for the Netherlands international midfielder, after Arturo Vidal committed his future to Juventus

403368_thumb.jpg

Everton bid for Stoke captain Shawcross
Roberto Martinez's side are jostling with a foreign club to sign the Potters captain before the transfer deadline, with the Toffees having conceded six goals to Chelsea on Saturday

446380_thumb.jpg

West Ham hopeful of completing Richards signing
The Hammers retain an interest in the Manchester City right-back and are optimistic that they can secure a deadline-day loan agreement to bring him to Upton Park

449428_thumb.jpg

Southampton swoop to snatch Alderweireld
The Atletico Madrid defender looked set for a switch to Newcastle or Sunderland but the Saints have moved ahead in the race as deadline day approaches

449678_thumb.jpg

Wenger promises 'very active' deadline day for Arsenal
The Gunners boss refused to rule out a bid for Sevilla striker Carlos Bacca but insisted he could not make any guarantees about new players

415594_thumb.jpg

Manchester United striker Chicharito set for Real Madrid loan
The Mexico international striker has failed to impress new manager Louis van Gaal and will look to prove himself at the Santiago Bernabeu, with only personal terms left to confirm

Groove Armada

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

440146_thumb.jpg

Official: Sunderland sign Coates from Liverpool on season-long loan
The 23-year-old has been unable to establish himself at Anfield since joining from Nacional but becomes Gus Poyet's eighth recruitment of the transfer window on deadline day

451383_thumb.jpg

Arsenal make last-ditch bid for Welbeck
Tottenham were deep into negotiations to prise the striker away from Old Trafford but Arsene Wenger's side are attempting to hijack a deal, with a medical on standby

448885_thumb.jpg

Falcao arrives to complete Manchester United move
The 28-year-old has arrived at Carrington for a medical and to finalise terms of his loan deal from Monaco

450380_thumb.jpg

Di Maria chased the money to Manchester United - Ancelotti
The Argentina star left Real Madrid for the Red Devils in a British-record €75 million move after dropping down the pecking order, leading the Italian to question his motivation

402612_thumb.jpg

QPR set to sign Borini after Lens bid fails
The Liverpool striker is ready to undergo a medical with the Loftus Road club as Harry Redknapp pursues a deadline-day replacement for Chelsea-bound striker Loic Remy

451302_thumb.jpg

Official: Chelsea's Chalobah joins Burnley on loan
The 19-year-old midfielder, who spent last season at Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough, will play Premier League football for the first time with the Clarets until January

450258_thumb.jpg

Official: Tottenham sign Stambouli
The north Londoners have moved to sign the midfielder from Montpellier after being frustrated with their attempts to sign Morgan Schneiderlin from Southampton

446484_thumb.jpg

Arsenal mull over €50m Reus move
The Borussia Dortmund star has reportedly been eyed by the Gunners, who are still hoping to bolster their attacking ranks before deadline day slams shut

407888_thumb.jpg

Official: Swansea sign Modou Barrow
The striker has joined the club and goes straight into the under-21 squad to face Birmingham on Monday evening, with the Gambia-born player having scored 10 goals last season

440832_thumb.jpg

Official: Hull City sign Abel Hernandez
The striker arrives from Palermo for a club-record fee to become the Tigers' eighth summer signing and will fill the void left be Shane Long following his move to Southampton

446788_thumb.jpg

Cech refuses to rule out Chelsea exit
The Blues stopper has hinted that could end his 10-year stay at Stamford Bridge after being dislodged from Jose Mourinho's starting squad by Thibaut Courtois

387309_thumb.jpg

Carvalho rules out Arsenal move
The 22-year-old has also been linked with a switch to Manchester United and Chelsea this summer but has reiterated his commitment to Sporting for the foreseeable future

431715_thumb.jpg

Transfer Talk: Liverpool in for Valdes
Brendan Rodgers is hoping to lure the Spanish goalkeeper to Anfield on a free transfer following his Barcelona exit on a free transfer this summer

408443_thumb.jpg

Agger thanks Liverpool fans in open letter
The Danish centre-back has written an open note of appreciation to the Reds supporters who stood by him during his eight-and-a-half year stay on Merseyside

294284_thumb.jpg

Sunderland hopeful of Coates loan deal
Despite Daniel Agger leaving Anfield, the Uruguay international is well down the pecking order on Merseyside and could be set for move to the North East

448408_thumb.jpg

Cleverley negotiates Manchester United exit
Aston Villa are leading the race to sign the midfielder in a €9.75 million deal on transfer deadline day, with Everton also having registered an interest in the 25-year-old

417028_thumb.jpg

Rodgers backs Liverpool trio to shine for England
The former Swansea manager has managed to create a title-challenging side with a homegrown core at Anfield, and he expects Roy Hodgson to utilise his players in the coming years

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Sunderland loan Alvarez from Inter

419008_heroa.jpg

By George Ankers
Sep 1, 2014 19:20:00

The 26-year-old attacking midfielder is excited about a "great opportunity" to play under Gus Poyet at the Stadium of Light, becoming their ninth signing of the summer

Sunderland have completed the signing of Inter midfielder Ricky Alvarez on a season-long loan.

Goal revealed on Thursday that the Black Cats were in talks for the 26-year-old, who had been made available by the Nerazzurri this summer.

Gus Poyet's side have paid an undisclosed fee to take the Argentina international on loan, making him their ninth acquisition of the summer.

Liverpool centre-back Sebastian Coates had become their eighth shortly before confirmation of Alvarez's move, having joined on a similar loan agreement.

Bwd4Q-BIcAEScDs.jpg

"I'm very happy to be here," Alvarez told the club's official website. "It's a great opportunity, a great club and I'm looking forward to playing in England and playing my part for Sunderland."

The Argentina midfielder has eight caps for his country, one of them coming as a substitute during the summer's World Cup in Brazil.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Redknapp launches campaign to sign Borini

Harry Redknapp has launched a £10million bid to hijack Sunderland's long-term pursuit of Liverpool striker Fabio Borini.

452389704.jpg

Tuesday 2nd September 2014

The QPR boss has moved to gazump Sunderland's bid to take Borini back to the Stadium of Light on loan or on a permanent basis, with Liverpool accepting Rangers' initial £10million offer, Press Association Sport understands.

Black Cats boss Gus Poyet admitted he could not reveal all the details surrounding Sunderland's protracted negotiations over a season-long loan with Borini on Saturday, and now QPR are ready to beat the Stadium of Light outfit to the punch.

Italy striker Borini spent last term on loan with Sunderland, notching seven goals in a productive spell and leaving Poyet keen to secure the 23-year-old's services on a repeat temporary deal.

Former Uruguay midfielder Poyet said after Sunderland's 1-0 loss at QPR on Saturday that he remained hopeful of securing a deal for Borini before Monday night's transfer deadline.

"I know how people feel but unfortunately we cannot give you all the information, all the true information on why he's not with us," he said.

"I know from the outside it looks like it's him not wanting to come to Sunderland because of whatever, but I can promise you it's not like that."

Rangers boss Redknapp has moved in with an offer for a permanent transfer that Liverpool have accepted, with a fee that could rise to £13million with add-on clauses.

Former Tottenham boss Redknapp remains hopeful of completing a deal to bring midfielder Sandro to Loftus Road from Spurs, while Jermain Defoe has been heavily linked with joining QPR from Toronto.

Lassana Diarra's proposed transfer has fallen through, however, despite the midfielder passing a medical on Saturday.

Diarra watched Rangers' victory against Sunderland from the Loftus Road stands, with Redknapp saying the deal was complete barring paperwork.

However, the Lokomotiv Moscow midfielder's move has now fallen apart, denying Redknapp the chance to work with the France midfielder he signed at Portsmouth.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal to make do without new signings

Per Mertesacker remains confident Arsenal can regroup and kick on after the international break, but they may have to do so without any fresh faces.

Jack%20Wilshere%20thinks%20Arsenal%20will%20be%20brimming%20with%20confidence%20when%20they%20face%20Besiktas%20thanks%20to%20their%20comeback%20heroics%20at%20Everton%20on%20Saturday..jpg

The Gunners drew 1-1 at Leicester on Sunday to at least maintain their unbeaten start to the new campaign, which also saw them overcome Besiktas and secure a place in the group stages of the Champions League.

Manager Arsene Wenger flew to Rome on Monday to take part in the 'Match for Peace', which aims to promote religious harmony, and it is understood the club may well have decided against pushing through any late transfer moves, with chief executive Ivan Gazidis and negotiator Dick Law on hand in London for any late moves.

There were no shortage of players being linked with the club.

Widely reported in-bound targets are, meanwhile, said to include Borussia Dortmund defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Swansea frontman Wilfried Bony and West Ham's Winston Reid, Matija Nastasic at Manchester City and Aston Villa's Ron Vlaar, Paris St Germain's Adrien Rabiot and also defensive midfielder William Carvalho of Sporting Lisbon.

Press Association Sport understands the club were approached about the possibility of bringing in Toronto FC's Jermain Defoe, the former Tottenham striker, on loan, but did not express an interest despite needing cover for injured forward Olivier Giroud, out until January with a broken foot.

It is expected 21-year-old Spanish defender Ignasi Miquel will complete a £1.5million switch to Norwich.

Should no new signings materialise over the closing hours of the transfer window, then Wenger will leave his faith in the players already assembled.

Centre-back Mertesacker, who retired from Germany duty after the World Cup, is confident the Gunners can move forwards this season, following five matches in the space of 16 days.

Speaking to Arsenal Player, he said: "We have to take this draw and after three games and five points, it is just okay for us to start like that.

"We went through to the Champions League group stage and had two away games so five points.

"I think we have to regroup and come back after the international break."

Arsenal have most of the first-team squad away over the next two weeks.

Midfielder Mesut Ozil has already been ruled out of Germany's friendly against Argentina because of an ankle injury.

Dzeko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Welbeck having Arsenal medical

Danny Welbeck is undergoing a medical at Arsenal ahead of a proposed transfer.

Welbeck.jpg

The Manchester United forward was widely expected to join Tottenham before Monday's deadline but could now be on his way to their north London rivals.

It is not yet clear whether Arsenal are chasing a loan deal or a permanent move.

Arsene Wenger again insisted on Sunday he had enough options to cover the loss of Olivier Giroud, who is out until the New Year with a broken leg.

But the Arsenal manager did say he would remain "active" in the market right up until the deadline, and news of a move for Welbeck comes with five hours of the window remaining.

Welbeck went to the World Cup with England this summer but is surplus to requirements at Old Trafford under Louis van Gaal.

The 23-year-old's sole start this season came in the League Cup defeat at MK Dons, and United have since struck a deal to sign Radamel Falcao on loan from Monaco.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Falcao: Why I joined Manchester United

451467_heroa.jpg

By George Ankers
Sep 2, 2014 02:03:00

The Monaco striker has agreed a season-long loan move to Old Trafford, with an option for a permanent deal, and is excited to be at "the biggest club in the world"

New Manchester United signing Radamel Falcao says that he is joining "the biggest club in the world".

The Colombia international has agreed a one-year loan at Old Trafford, with Louis van Gaal’s side retaining an option to buy him outright from Monaco at the end of the season.

The former Atletico Madrid striker is excited at the chance to play for the Dutchman after sealing the switch late on transfer deadline day.

“I am delighted to be joining Manchester United on loan this season," he told the club's official website.

"Manchester United is the biggest club in the world and is clearly determined to get back to the top.

"I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal and contributing to the team's success at this very exciting period in the club's history."

Goal understands that United are paying a €12 million-plus fee for the loan, as well as a significant portion of his €380,000-per-week wages.

The Red Devils allowed Danny Welbeck to depart for Arsenal in a €20m move when they confirmed that a deal could be done to secure Falcao.

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Falcao handed No.9 shirt at Manchester United

443701_heroa.jpg

Sep 2, 2014 02:18:00

The Colombia star is eager to put his injury woes behind him after joining Louis van Gaal's side on a season-long loan

Manchester United new-boy Radamel Falcao has been handed the No.9 shirt after signing for the Red Devils on loan from Monaco.

The Colombia international's move to Old Trafford was rubberstamped several hours after Monday's night's deadline, with United agreeing a season-long loan with the option to buy.

Falcao is set to lead the line after being handed the historic No.9 shirt, which has been vacated since Dimitar Berbatov - now at Monaco - departed the club in 2012.

Other players to wear the iconic jersey in the Premier League era are Louis Saha, Andrew Cole and Brian McClair.

6203125.jpg

Falcao has worn the No.9 throughout much of his career, including his time at the Stade Louis II, and is now likely to compete with existing forwards Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie for a spot in the first team.

The 28-year-old missed the World Cup in Brazil in due to a serious knee injury, with Teofilo Gutierrez wearing the No.9 shirt for Colombia and leading the line in his absence.

But Falcao has put his injury woes behind him to sign for United, telling the club's official website: "I am delighted to be joining Manchester United on loan this season.

"Manchester United is the biggest club in the world and is clearly determined to get back to the top.

"I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal and contributing to the team's success at this very exciting period in the club's history."