• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ Serie A Season 2015-16 ★

Palermo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Marseille´s Lemina poised for Juve move

31 August 2015 10:50

902392header.jpg

Marseille midfielder Mario Melina is set to join Serie A champions Juventus with the 21-year-old having a medical in Turin on Monday.

The France under-21 international moved to Marseille from Lorient in 2013 and has impressed at the Stade Velodrome.

Lemina is set to link up with Juve on deadline day in Italy with Massimiliano Allegri keen to bolster his squad after starting the Serie A season with back-to-back defeats.

"Mario Lemina, the Franco-Gabonese midfielder coming from Marseille, is in the city where he is conducting medical examinations," Juve confirmed on their official website.

"The exams for the under-21 footballer are provided at the Clinic Fornaca Sessant and then at the Institute of Sports Medicine of Turin."

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mancini: Inter need more players

31 August 2015 05:45

902337header.jpg

Inter coach Roberto Mancini wants to add more players to his squad before the transfer window closes.

Mancini's Inter completed the signing of Ivan Perisic from Wolfsburg on Sunday, having already recruited Geoffrey Kondogbia, Miranda, Stevan Jovetic, Jeison Murillo for the 2015-16 Serie A season.

Despite the number of arrivals, Mancini believes Inter are still lacking depth with the window set to close on August 31 in Italy.

"The fact remains this is a very small squad and some roles are completely uncovered," Mancini told Sport Mediaset.

"We'll see what happens tomorrow."

Mancini was speaking after Inter maintained their 100 per cent start to the season with a 2-1 win at newcomers Carpi.

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sunderland loan Giaccherini to Bologna

31 August 2015 20:13

902745header.jpg

Sunderland winger Emanuele Giaccherini has been allowed to leave the club to join Serie A outfit Bologna on loan.

With Dick Advocaat having bolstered his attacking options by signing Ola Toivonen and Fabio Borini in recent days - the former on loan - Italy international Giaccherini was likely to see his first-team chances limited.

And Bologna are now set to benefit from the 30-year-old's services as they bid to avoid relegation following their promotion back to the top flight.

Giaccherini has made 32 Premier League appearances for Sunderland since arriving from Juventus in 2013.

Inler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Matri loaned to Lazio

31 August 2015 21:33

902822header.jpg

Alessandro Matri has left Milan once again to join Serie A rivals Lazio on a season-long loan deal just over three months after consigning the Rome club to defeat in the Coppa Italia final.

The 31-year-old striker spent time at Genoa and Juventus during the 2014-15 campaign and has now been allowed to make the move to the Stadio Olimpico.

Matri scored Juve's winner in the Coppa final against Lazio back in May, so the experienced frontman will be eager to hit the ground running in order to win over the fans.

The arrival of Carlos Bacca, Mario Balotelli and Luiz Adriano ensured Matri's chances of featuring for Milan this season looked even more slim.

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Blaszczykowski joins Fiorentina on season-long loan

31 August 2015 22:02

902835header.jpg

Jakub Blaszczykowski has moved from Borussia Dortmund to Fiorentina on a season-long loan.

The Poland international moved to Signal Iduna Park from Wisla Krakow in 2007 and was part of the Dortmund teams that won the Bundesliga in 2010-11 and 2011-12 as well as reaching the UEFA Champions League final in 2012-13.

However, injuries restricted the winger to just 20 appearances in all competitions last season and he has yet to play for Dortmund under new coach Thomas Tuchel this campaign.

"Kuba is not only a great football player, but also a wonderful person," Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said.

"For him it is important to gather a lot of match practice ahead of the 2016 European Championship. We wish him well in his sporting future in Florence.

"Kuba has given outstanding service to Dortmund and celebrated great success with our club and will remain a part of the BVB family forever."

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hernanes in Turin for Juve medical

31 August 2015 22:32

902860header.jpg

Hernanes has arrived in Turin for a medical with Juventus ahead of a proposed move from Serie A rivals Inter.

Juve's official Twitter account posted pictures of Hernanes in the city as he gets set to end his spell with Inter.

The Brazil midfielder joined Inter from Lazio in January of last year but is now expected to sign a three-year contract with the Italian champions.

Hernanes has made 52 appearances for Inter, scoring seven goals in his time at San Siro.

Gomez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lemina joins Juve as Marseille sign Isla and De Ciglie

31 August 2015 23:07

902873header.jpg

Juventus have signed midfielder Mario Lemina on loan from Marseille with an option to make the deal permanent, while Mauricio Isla and Paolo De Ceglie have moved in the opposite direction.

Lemina joined Marseille from Lorient in September 2013 and has netted four goals in 64 appearances for the Ligue 1 club.

He now joins a new-look Juve side that has lost both of their first two Serie A matches for the first time in the club's history as the Turin giants target a fifth successive title.

Full-backs Isla and De Ciglie both head to Marseille in loan deals to boost the defence of a Marseille team that has taken three points from the opening four league games.

Marseille have also confirmed centre-back Doria has joined Spanish side Granada on loan with an option to buy.

Pirlo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Serie A Deadline Day: Juve and Inter busy as window closes

1 September 2015 01:41

902978header.jpg

Juventus added Mario Lemina and Hernanes to their midfield as the Serie A champions bolstered their squad on transfer deadline day after a poor start to the new season.

Massimiliano Allegri's men have begun the campaign with successive league defeats following a significant revamp during the close-season.

And the Turin club have clearly identified the midfield - shorn of Arturo Vidal and Andrea Pirlo in pre-season - as a weak point, signing Marseille's Lemina on loan with an option to buy and bringing in Hernanes from Inter on a three-year deal worth €11million.

Leaving Juve are Paolo De Ceglie and Mauricio Isla, who have each joined Marseille on loan deals.

As well as Hernanes, defender Marco Andreolli, midfielder Saphir Taider and Ezequiel Schelotto have all left Inter.

Andreolli joins Sevilla on loan with an option to buy, Taider moves to Bologna on a two-year loan and Schelotto has had his contract terminated.

But Inter have also been busy on the incoming front, with Roma striker Adem Ljajic arriving at San Siro alongside Galatasaray pair Alex Telles and Felipe Melo, who will link up against with former Gala boss Roberto Mancini.

Ljajic and Telles have agreed loan deals, but Brazilian midfielder Melo comes in on a permanent transfer.

Roma, having beaten Juve 2-1 on Sunday, completed deals for Dinamo Moscow's William Vainqueur, Newell's Old Boys' Ezequiel Ponce and Santos defender Emerson Palmieri.

Jakub Blazczykowski completed a loan move from Dortmund to Fiorentina, who also signed Uruguayan striker Jaime Baez and Spanish midfielder Joan Verdu.

Milan missed out on Zenit's Alex Witsel as Hachim Mastour and Alessandro Matri left for loan spells at Malaga and Lazio respectively.

Carpi signed World Cup winner Cristian Zaccardo and Marco Borriello, and Empoli brought in Marko Livaja, Uros Cosic and Leandro Paredes on a loan deal.

Marko Krivicic moved to Bologna, Felipe completed his return to Udinese while Genoa made a double swoop for Blerim Dzemaili and Cristian Ansaldi.

ACMILAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

Milan loan Mastour to Malaga

1 September 2015 00:06

902921header.jpg

Milan have loaned talented Moroccan youngster Hachim Mastour to Malaga for the next two La Liga seasons.

The deal was confirmed on Monday, with Mastour to remain at La Rosaleda until the end of the 2016-17 campaign in order to gain first-team experience.

The 17-year-old, who already has one international cap to his name, is highly rated in Milan but is yet to make a senior appearance in a competitive match since emerging from the Serie A club's youth system in 2014.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kaka tells Balotelli: It's time to use your talents to help Milan

1288742_heroa.jpg

Sep 2, 2015 21:37:00

The former AC Milan star insists the striker has to show that he can fulfil his potential after his move to San Siro this summer

By Marco Messina

Mario Balotelli has been warned by former AC Milan star Kaka to finally make use of his skills and be decisive for the club.

The 25-year-old returned to the Rossoneri after a failed stint at Liverpool, in which he scored just one Premier League goal following a €20 million move last summer.

The move is said to be Balotelli's final chance to show that he can be a top striker and Kaka, who won the Champions League and the Ballon d'Or during his time at San Siro, feels the striker must start to fulfil his promise at last.

"Mario is a very talented player, there is no doubt about it," he told Goal.

"But he must understand that this isn't an easy time for him and he really needs to find some motivation in order to use his talent to help the team.

"He's the type of player who can easily change a match at any time - and I hope he can lend a hand to Milan's season."

Milan finished 10th in Serie A last term but have invested heavily in their squad over the summer as they look to return to European football next term.

Palermo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Melo happy to join Inter at last

3 September 2015 13:58

904251header.jpg

Felipe Melo is delighted to have finally completed a move to Inter, having previously come close to a San Siro switch several years ago.

Melo left Galatasaray on Monday to become one of three deadline-day signings for Roberto Mancini's new-look Inter, along with Adem Ljajic and loanee Alex Telles.

At a press conference to mark his arrival on Thursday, the experienced Brazilian midfielder revealed he could have joined Inter from Fiorentina, his club in the 2008-09 season. Melo went on to represent Juventus, before then moving on to Galatasaray.

"I was close to joining Inter in the past when I was playing for Fiorentina," he said.

"I never had any fear about the move breaking down in the transfer window because no one can close the doors that God opens for you. I was relaxed, waiting to grasp this opportunity. What matters is that I'm here now."

Melo is eager to make an impact at his new club in next weekend's Milan derby.

"I'm still a little behind in terms of fitness but I think I'll be available for Sunday," he added.

"I see myself as a leader on and off the pitch. I don't take offence when people dub me a 'dirty' player. Being aggressive and putting my foot in are features of my play, but I would like to point out that I didn't receive a single red card last season.

"I know where my strengths lie and I know what I have to do on the pitch.

"I'm not fussed about where I play, I just want to perform."

Palermo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rudiger aiming to nail down Euros spot after Roma move

3 September 2015

904256header.jpg

Antonio Rudiger believes his loan switch to Roma will increase his chances of earning a place in the Germany squad for Euro 2016.

Rudiger made the move from Bundesliga side Stuttgart last month. The Serie A club paid €4million to acquire his services and have the option to make the deal permanent from the 2016-17 season for a further €9million.

The centre-back has not been included in Joachim Low's Germany squad for the Euro 2016 qualifiers with Poland and Scotland as he continues his recovery from a knee injury.

But Rudiger is confident he will be in the national coach's plans come the finals in France next year.

"My aim is to be as successful as possible and do my best here at Roma," Rudiger said at his introductory press conference.

"I've spoken to Germany head coach Low about my move to Roma. He loves the way Rudi Garcia's side plays.

"In Germany, Serie A is renowned for the quality of defending, so it's an advantage for me as a defender to be here.

"I'm pleased to be at a big club like Roma. It will give me a chance of making the squad for Euro 2016."

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Balotelli ´not in good condition´, Milan must improve - Mihajlovic

4 September 2015

904678header.jpg

Mario Balotelli may have notched a goal and assist on his return to action with Milan but coach Sinisa Mihajlovic insisted the striker is not ready for Serie A.

In his first match for Milan since returning to the San Siro on loan from Liverpool, Balotelli struck a stunning early goal in Thursday's 3-2 friendly win over Mantova, while the 25-year-old set up his team's second.

The performance prompted plenty of excitement amongst the media and fans but Mihajlovic was far from impressed.

"Balotelli? We played a team from Serie C; we see that he is not in good condition and must improve," the Serbian coach was quoted as saying by Premium Sport.

The controversial forward was not the only player to disappoint Mihajlovic, who generally started those who have yet to earn Serie A action this season.

"If we think we win because we're called Milan, we're not going anywhere," he said.

"It was a game we needed to put minutes into our legs; when one does not play, you should not complain because… tonight many have shown they do not deserve to play."

In perhaps a boost for Balotelli's confidence, however, Mihajlovic did concede that "perhaps the attack is the one [area of the pitch] with fewer problems".

Asked about his performance at half-time, Balotelli said: "Pleased with the goal assist. How am I physically? Good!"

Milan eventually prevailed thanks to a penalty from second-half substitute Luiz Adriano, who has scored three goals in his past four matches for Mihajlovic's side.

Pirlo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Roma youngster faces lengthy lay-off

4 September 2015

905035header.jpg

Highly rated Roma defender Elio Capradossi faces an extended spell on the sidelines after sustaining a knee ligament injury while on international duty with Italy's Under-20 side.

The 19-year-old had to be replaced after just 38 minutes of his country's clash with Germany and scans showed he had torn the cruciate ligament on his left knee.

Capradossi has been regarded as one of Roma's rising stars since joining the club's youth set-up in 2010.

The Ugandan-born centre-back featured prominently for the Primavera side last season and was included in the senior squad for the first time last Sunday when he was an unused substitute in the victory over Juventus.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Davids: Only one person can save Balotelli

mario-balotelli-milan-empoli-serie-a-29082015_1ojzdhfqaua0j12blomv0v7sf2.png

Sep 5, 2015 19:23:19

The former AC Milan and Juventus midfielder feels the striker's future depends entirely on himself and believes Paul Pogba will be worth over €100 million soon

The only person capable of saving Mario Balotelli's career is the AC Milan striker himself, according to Edgar Davids.

The 25-year-old striker has failed to live up to the promise he showed when he broke through to the Inter first team due to his controversial character, which has seen him fall out with the likes of Roberto Mancini and Jose Mourinho.

The Italy international returned to Milan this summer on loan from Liverpool, after a failed stint at Anfield last season.

The move to San Siro is seen as Balotelli's last chance to carve out a bright career and ex-Milan midfielder Davids believes it is all down to the player.

"The only person who can help Balotelli is Balotelli," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "When you change team and you have the right mindset and a coach who respects you, everything becomes easier.

"In the end, though, everything will depend only on him. I have seen players with half his talent become key for great teams: the mentality is what counts."

While Balotelli is looking to salvage his career, Paul Pogba is in the early stages of a bright one and Davids feels the France international will earn Juventus a huge amount of money in the future.

“The market will decide how much he is worth. He has incredible potential and everything he needs to become one of the best players in the world. I think he could well be worth €100 million.”

The Bianconeri have had a rough start to the season, losing to Udinese and Roma in the first two weeks of the season, and Davids feels they will recover from it, though he feels they are missing Arturo Vidal, who left to join Bayern Munich in the summer.

"I'm not worried because after four or five years of winning everything it is normal to have a decline. It is important to make sure that it passes quickly though.

"You have to give time for new players to adjust. I am sure that Juve will reach high levels this season.

"When you start with two defeats in a row, you are automatically no longer seen as favourites. The good thing is that you can only get better.

“It is important to have tough and strong players to win back the ball and give consistency to a team. Vidal is one of the best in the world in that role. If you don’t have someone like that, you must change the way you play."

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Balotelli denies making Real Madrid ´joke´

7 September 2015 20:08

906727header.jpg

Milan striker Mario Balotelli has rubbished suggestions he made a joke at Real Madrid's expense by suggesting the club are inferior to Spanish rivals Barcelona.

The Italy international, who arrived back at San Siro on a season-long loan from Milan in August, is reported to have made a dig in Real's direction by suggesting Barca used the Santiago Bernabeu for training.

"Barcelona is the only club to have two stadiums, Camp Nou for matches and Bernabeu for training," he is reported to have said.

However, Balotelli, so often outspoken during spells with Inter, Manchester City and Liverpool, took to Twitter to deny the joke, accusing people of making it up.

"Just to let you people know..," he posted. "Stop putting stupid words in my mouth! I never made fun of real Madrid and i won't never. Is a dream club !"

The 25-year-old is seeking to re-establish himself at San Siro after a difficult spell at Anfield where he managed just one Premier League goal.

Balotelli is yet to regain the form that saw him impress at times during his three years at City and score three times for Italy at Euro 2012.

As such, he has not featured for Italy since the World Cup in Brazil last year.

Inler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Perisic: Joining Inter an easy decision

8 September 2015 13:25

907113header.jpg

Ivan Perisic has made it clear that he did not need much time to make a decision about his future when Inter approached Wolfsburg over a close-season transfer.

The Croatia international left the Bundesliga outfit for Inter in the closing stages of the transfer window, signing a five-year deal with the San Siro outfit.

Perisic will therefore not be playing UEFA Champions League football in 2015-16, yet the 26-year-old is confident he will soon feature in European club football's elite competition with Inter.

"When a club wants you badly and does everything they can to sign you, playing in the Champions League is no longer of interest," Perisic told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I am counting on it that Inter will be back in the Champions League next season. All the conditions are there for us to do well again. Even though I realise Inter had a difficult 2014-15 campaign.

"Starting the season with two wins is obviously great, but it is important not to get carried away.

"It is too early and too risky to start talking about the Scudetto already.

"We have to work hard and then the results will come automatically."

Palermo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Balotelli will win this battle, insists Lippi

9 September 2015

907821header.jpg

Marcello Lippi has backed Milan forward Mario Balotelli to overcome his recent struggles and become a key figure for the Serie A outfit once more.

The Italy international decided to leave Milan for Liverpool in 2014, but failed to make an impact at the Anfield last campaign.

Balotelli was allowed to return to San Siro on loan in an attempt to get his career back on track and Lippi has little doubt he will soon be a major force in Italian football again.

"He's not an unknown prospect," Lippi told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Mario is going to win this battle.

"A player like him has got to be among the leading players of the Italian game."

The former Italy coach also believes Milan challenge for honours again in 2015-16 under new boss Sinisa Mihajlovic.

"I would advise the Milan players to listen to their coach. I cannot really see any weakness in their squad," he added.

"Alessio Romagnoli is destined to become another great Milan defender, while they Nigel de Jong, Giacomo Bonaventura and Riccardo Montolivo in midfield. And then there's Carlos Bacca and Luiz Adriano in attack..."

Palermo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Inter face anxious wait over Miranda fitness for Milan derby

9 September 2015

907982header.jpg

Inter will check on the fitness of defender Miranda ahead of the derby against rivals Milan at San Siro on Sunday.

The 31-year-old had to be replaced by Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos just 23 minutes into Brazil's 4-1 international friendly victory over United States on Tuesday and will undergo tests when he has returned to his club.

Miranda played the full 90 minutes as Inter won both of their opening two Serie A matches of the new campaign following a busy close-season in the transfer market.

His absence would come as a big blow as Roberto Mancini’s men prepare to face Milan, a team they have not beaten in any of their last four meetings.

"Unfortunately I took a knock to the knee and I had to go off," Miranda told reporters after Brazil's win.

"I am told it is a problem with the medial collateral ligament. Now I will carry out tests at Inter to understand the extent of the injury.

"I don’t think it's anything serious, but I still don't know for sure. For now I will work with my club and I will certainly do everything to be ready for the upcoming games."

Opponents Milan have three points from their opening two fixtures of 2015-16.

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fiorentina complain to FIFA over Chelsea´s Salah loan

11 September 2015

908989header.jpg

Fiorentina have lodged an official complaint to FIFA over Mohamed Salah's loan move to Roma from Chelsea.

The Egypt international impressed during a short-term spell at the Stadio Artemio Franchi last season but opted to join Rudi Garcia's side for 2015-16, rather than return to Florence.

Viola president Andrea Della Valle threatened legal action prior to Salah completing his move to the capital, and the club have now taken the case to world football's governing body, alleging a breach of contract.

"We can confirm having received a claim from the Italian club, ACF Fiorentina, against the English club, Chelsea FC, and the player, Mohamed Salah Ghaly, for breach of contract," a FIFA spokesperson said, as quoted by The Guardian.

"The matter is still pending and being investigated."

Speaking on Friday, Jose Mourinho sarcastically claimed he was happy to see FIFA electing to take action on such issues.

"I'm happy that FIFA has time for other things in the middle of such great weather around them," the Chelsea boss told a press conference.