• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2014-15 ║

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wimmer: I´m going to Tottenham

24 May 2015

849736header.jpg

Tottenham appear to have won the race for Kevin Wimmer after the Cologne centre-back said he was heading for White Hart Lane.

Austria international Wimmer has attracted reported interest from Spurs' north London Premier League rivals Arsenal.

However, Wimmer claims he is to join Mauricio Pochettino's side and the move is not dependent on Tottenham playing in next season's UEFA Europa League.

"I am going to Tottenham, it's the next stage in my development," he said.

"I don't mind whether they make the Europa League. I go to Tottenham to go to the next level."

Wimmer has played 32 Bundesliga appearances for a Cologne side that finished 12th this season.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola: We´ll be back stronger

23 May 2015

849540header.jpg

As Bayern Munich celebrated another dominant Bundesliga campaign, coach Pep Guardiola warned their rivals that they would be an even greater force next season.

Bayern finished 10 points clear of Wolfsburg this season, earning a third straight league title and a second in as many campaigns under Guardiola.

Disappointment came in a DFB-Pokal semi-final defeat to Borussia Dortmund, and a 5-3 aggregate reverse to Barcelona at the same stage of the UEFA Champions League.

That has left many to deem Bayern's season as a failure, and Guardiola has promised to return stronger next term.

"Congratulations to the team, my staff and our fans," he said. "They've supported us brilliantly, especially against Barcelona.

"We'll be back even stronger next season with the best possible squad. We always have to keep going."

"It's still very special indeed when you’re top of the pile after 34 matches," added Philipp Lahm. "It can never be taken for granted. A lot of work goes into it. The team deserves it."

Bastian Schweinsteiger - linked with a move away from the Allianz Arena - scored the second in Saturday's 2-0 win over Mainz as Bayern signed off with a victory in front of their home fans.

"It's been a very good season. We've won the league for the third time in a row, which doesn't just happen automatically," said Schweinsteiger.

"It's the first time for me in fact. In the Champions League we lost it in the last 10 minutes [of the first leg] against Barcelona, otherwise we might have made the final in that competition too.

"We know how it unfolded in the cup. We were close to making both finals. Taking into account all the injuries, we've done very well overall."

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp urges fans not to draw comparisons with Tuchel

24 May 2015

849822header.jpg

Outgoing Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp has called on the club's fans not to draw comparisons between himself and successor Thomas Tuchel.

Klopp will hand over the reins following the DFB-Pokal final against Wolfsburg next weekend, bringing an end to a seven-year stint that has seen Dortmund win two Bundesliga titles and finish as UEFA Champions League runners-up.

The 47-year-old waved goodbye to Signal Iduna Park with a 3-2 win against Werder Bremen on Saturday and made an emotional address to supporters after the final whistle.

"It's given me great pleasure working with you, and it's been a huge honour to work for this club and to work for you," he said.

"Now that time is over and, as a little tip from someone who has already had to say farewell to a fantastic club before, namely Mainz, I can only advise you not to draw comparisons with me because comparisons diminish the wonderful memories there are and make a wonderful future all the more difficult.

"This club will have a wonderful future, I'm absolutely sure of that. You're all sensational and you're getting a great coach.

"But we've still got a few plans because next week we're in the DFB-Pokal final and ideally I'd really love to have a party in the city centre next Sunday. It'd be great to end things in such a way.

"I've had great fun here and again, many, many thanks for everything and we'll see each other again, we definitely will."

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Darmstadt promoted back to the Bundesliga after 33-year exile

24 May 2015

850049header.jpg

Darmstadt clinched promotion to the Bundesliga with a 1-0 win over St Pauli.

Tobias Kempe scored the only goal of the game at Stadion Bollenfalltor, finding the back of the net with a long-range free-kick in the 71st minute.

The result means Darmstadt finish the season in second place, five points behind Bundesliga 2 champions Ingolstadt.

Dirk Schuster's side will now be back in the top tier of German football for the first time since the 1981-82 season.

Since then the club has gone through tough times on and off the field, including fighting off the threat of bankruptcy as they came close to going out of business.

However, in the last two seasons, Darmstadt have secured back-to-back promotions, meaning they will return to the Bundesliga for the first time in 33 years.

Darmstadt's delight meant disappointment for Karlsruher, who missed out on second place by one point despite a 2-0 home win over 1860 Munich.

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Zorniger takes Stuttgart role

25 May 2015

850339header.jpg

Stuttgart have announced that Alexander Zorniger will take over as head coach of the Bundesliga club.

The German, a former assistant at Stuttgart, has signed a three-year deal to replace Huub Stevens at the Mercedes Benz Arena

"I am looking forward to the challenge at Stuttgart and am convinced that we can work together to develop and build something here," he told Stuttgart's official website.

"It's something special to be head coach, this club is my home."

Stevens left his role on Sunday, having successfully guided Stuttgart to Bundesliga safety.

Stevens repeated the feat having kept the club in the top flight during a 10-game spell in the 2013-14 season, before returning for a second stint in November when the club were bottom of the league.

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guardiola has built on Heynckes´ Bayern legacy - Muller

25 May 2015

850368header.jpg

Thomas Muller is adamant that Pep Guardiola has built on the legacy of Jupp Heynckes' treble-winning Bayern Munich side of 2012-13.

Bayern beat all comers to clinch an unprecedented treble of the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and UEFA Champions League under the stewardship of Heynckes.

Since then, Bayern have continued to dominate domestically under Guardiola and they won the Bundesliga at a canter by 10 points this term.

However, success in Europe has not followed, with Bayern falling at the Champions League semi-final stages to Real Madrid and Barcelona, leading some pundits to suggest that the club has not progressed since Heynckes departed.

But Germany forward Muller, who scored 13 league goals this term, insists the team have continued to improve under Guardiola.

"[Heynckes and Guardiola] developed me so much, they have moulded me as a player. Heynckes played me a lot, and he was a striker himself, so he had good advice for me about goalscoring. And how can you not learn under Pep Guardiola?" Muller told Squawka.

"The team [Heynckes] put together that won the Champions League, as well as the Bundesliga and the DFB-Pokal, is one of the best Bayern sides ever. He is so driven, so ambitious and so smart. When he left, whoever followed him was going to have to be very confident in themselves, because how can you top a treble like that?

"Only someone like Pep Guardiola could live up to that, and I think he has done, and he will continue to do. We all know what a great coach he is, the style he likes to play."

Muller also reserved special praise for Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, who he credits for helping him become a global star during his time as head coach at the Allianz Arena.

"Van Gaal also had a huge effect on my development," he added. "I am very grateful to him - he gave me great help and leadership, and he saw something in me as a forward where some others didn't."

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Di Matteo resigns as Schalke coach

26 May 2015

850791header.jpg

Roberto Di Matteo has resigned as Schalke head coach after just seven months in the role.

The Italian was drafted in to replace Jens Keller after the Gelsenkirchen side took just eight points from their first seven league matches and were knocked out of the DFB-Pokal by Dynamo Dresden.

However, Di Matteo oversaw a poor run towards the end of the season that saw Schalke win just two of their last 10 Bundesliga matches.

That left Schalke in sixth and outside the UEFA Champions League places and, after discussing his future with club officials, Di Matteo has opted to step aside.

"[General manager] Horst Heldt and I have not only worked together for the last seven months, but we directed our attention to the plans for the coming season," Di Matteo told the club's official website.

"I indicated a plan for a possible successful future. Although the discussions with Horst Heldt were always constructive, it became clear that the club wants to focus on other priorities.

"It seems to be that a fresh start is best for everyone. Therefore I came to the conclusion to resign my position as head coach."

At one stage of the campaign Schalke climbed as high as third in the table, while they also put up a valiant effort in a 5-4 aggregate defeat to Real Madrid in the last-16 of the Champions League.

However, their domestic season petered out in the last two months and they finished their campaign with a whimper in a 2-0 loss at Hamburg.

Di Matteo started his coaching career in England with MK Dons before joining West Brom in June 2009.

The 44-year-old then returned to former club Chelsea as assistant to Andre Villas-Boas, before taking over as caretaker in March 2012 after the Portuguese was dismissed.

Di Matteo etched himself in Chelsea folklore by leading the team to victory in the FA Cup, before guiding the Londoners to their first Champions League victory in a penalty shootout over Bayern Munich.

Those successes saw him appointed on a full-time basis, but he was sacked in November 2012.

Ibisevic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frankfurt agree to let Schaaf leave

26 May 2015

850871header.jpg

Thomas Schaaf has left his role as head coach of Eintracht Frankfurt after the club agreed to his request to terminate his contract.

Schaaf was appointed to by the Bundesliga club the start of the season and still had a year remaining on his deal.

Eintracht finished ninth in the top tier of German football under Schaaf , but are now on the look-out for a replacement.

"Thomas Schaaf achieved all the goals we had set before the season reaching spot nine in the standings and 43 points," said Eintracht chief executive Heribert Bruchhagen.

"The collaboration was good which we repeatedly confirmed in his direction but also towards the media over the recent days.

"We regret that Thomas Schaaf will not proceed building the future of our club. Up until the end we tried to convince him otherwise and we have not been in talks with other managers.

"We wish Thomas Schaaf all the best for his future; and we will now look into finding a successor."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Low calls Herrmann into Germany squad

26 May 2015

850889header.jpg

Patrick Herrmann will hope to make his Germany debut after earning a call-up for next month's matches against United States and Gibraltar.

The Borussia Monchengladbach man - who scored 11 goals in 32 appearances this term - has been called up to the national team before, but has yet to make his senior bow.

That could change when the world champions host United States on June 10 before travelling to play Gibraltar in a Group D contest that should provide little danger.

Head coach Joachim Low has opted to rest Bayern Munich duo Manuel Neuer - who is struggling with an ankle injury - and Thomas Muller, as well as Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos.

"I have always been able to count on Thomas and Toni, they have given great service to the national team," Low said.

"Manuel is a model of dedication. Everyone knows he is one of those players who always wants to play, but our team doctor informed me that Manuel is currently not training without pain."

Squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover)

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Jonas Hector (Cologne), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Shkodran Mustafi (Valencia), Antonio Rudiger (Stuttgart), Sebastian Rudy (Hoffenheim)

Midfielders: Karim Bellarabi (Bayer Leverkusen), Ilkay Gundogan (Borussia Dortmund), Patrick Herrmann (Borussia Monchengladbach), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Christoph Kramer (Borussia Monchengladbach), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)

Forwards: Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich), Max Kruse (Borussia Monchengladbach), Lukas Podolski (Inter), Andre Schurrle (Wolfsburg)

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Labbadia giving Lasogga, Olic, Jiracek time

27 May 2015

851291header.jpg

Key strikers Pierre-Michel Lasogga and Ivica Olic, plus midfielder Petr Jiracek, will be given every opportunity to prove their fitness before Hamburg's promotion-relegation play-off first leg.

Hamburg coach Bruno Labbadia confirmed "two or three players are still uncertain" ahead of Thursday's first leg against Karlsruher, with Lasogga (shoulder), Olic (back) and Jiracek (knee) struggling with injuries.

Lasogga hurt his shoulder during Hamburg's 2-0 win over Schalke on Saturday, ensuring Labbadia's side would avoid automatic relegation from the Bundesliga.

Olic played 88 minutes, scoring Hamburg's first goal, before he was replaced by Jiracek.

"I can't say for sure which line-up we're going to have on Thursday," Labbadia said on Tuesday.

"Obviously, I've got something in my mind but two or three players are still uncertain for the match, so nobody is ruled out."

Hamburg avoided relegation via the play-off last year after an away-goals victory over Greuther Furth, and Labbadia underlined the importance of keeping a clean sheet at Imtech Arena.

"It's always good not to concede at home, because that makes it difficult for the opponent, since they know it will be double-trouble if we score an away goal," the 49-year-old coach said.

"We know that from the past, so it would be good to keep a clean sheet and to win the match."

Hamburg are the only club to have played in every season in the Bundesliga's history.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hamburg 1 Karlsruher 1: Bundesliga side escape with draw

28 May 2015

852291header.jpg

Ivo Ilicevic struck for Hamburg as they scrambled a scarcely deserved 1-1 draw from the first leg of their Bundesliga play-off with Karlsruher.

The second-tier outfit were the better side for large parts of Thursday's clash at the Imtech Arena, having taken a fourth-minute lead through Hamburg youth graduate Rouwen Hennings.

Hennings was the 2. Bundesliga's joint-top scorer this term with 17 goals to his name and displayed all his predatory instincts, latching onto a ball in the left channel and clipping an accurate shot across Rene Adler and in via the post.

Karlsruher continued to look superior to their illustrious opponents, who have never been relegated from the Bundesliga, hitting the woodwork twice inside the space of 10 seconds shortly after the break.

Manuel Torres hit the frame of the goal from inside the penalty area, when he perhaps should have done better, before the ball was cleared to Dimitrij Nazarov, who promptly launched a vicious swerving effort that beat Adler all ends up, but cracked the crossbar.

If Karlsruher fans thought their luck was out, that feeling was compounded when Ilicevic struck in the final 20 minutes, playing a neat one-two with Dennis Diekmeier, before clinically slotting under Dirk Orlishausen in the away goal.

Orlishausen was the Karlsruher hero in the final minute of stoppage time, flinging himself to his right to keep Marcelo Diaz's well-struck volley out.

Having preserved their top-flight status on away goals in last season's play-off, Hamburg will need to shake off two years' worth of shoddy form and likely win at the Wildparkstadion, where Karlsruher lost just twice this season, conceding a meagre seven goals.

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich season review - League crown not enough to signal successful campaign

28 May 2015

852262header.jpg

It says much for Bayern Munich's dominance of Germany that a season in which they won the Bundesliga by 10 points can still be considered something of a failure.

A third successive domestic title never appeared in doubt for Pep Guardiola's men, who went unbeaten for the first half of the campaign.

However, an injury-hit Bayern saw their dreams of another UEFA Champions League title dashed by Barcelona in the semi-finals and were knocked out at the same stage of the DFB-Pokal by Borussia Dortmund.

Here, we take a look at the key moments of a season that was also notable for frequent speculation over Guardiola's future, and the resignation of club doctor and world-renowned surgeon Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt following a row with the Spaniard.

SQUAD SHAKE-UP SEES LEWANDOWSKI AND ALONSO ARRIVE

Bayern's pre-season transfer activity was highlighted by the departures of Toni Kroos and Mario Mandzukic, who moved to Real and Atletico Madrid respectively, and the arrival of Robert Lewandowksi – the Poland forward whose move from Borussia Dortmund had been agreed in January.

Another notable deal was completed towards the end of August as Bayern filled the gap left by Kroos' departure by signing Real's Xabi Alonso.

After making his debut in a 1-1 draw at Schalke, former Liverpool midfielder Alonso said: "I've enjoyed La Liga and the Premier League, but it's a big step for me now to come to the Bundesliga.

"The teams are great, the crowds are incredible and the speed of play suits me."

RECORD-BREAKING WINTER CHAMPIONS

Everything went swimmingly for Bayern prior to the winter break as they beat their own record for the highest points total in the first half of a Bundesliga season.

A 2-1 victory over Mainz on December 19, secured by a late winner from in-form Dutch forward Arjen Robben, gave Guardiola's men – unbeaten at the halfway stage of the league campaign for a second straight year – a formidable tally of 45 points from 17 matches.

"If we analyse the whole season so far, I'm very, very pleased," said Guardiola, whose team had also secured top spot in their Champions League group at the earliest opportunity.

"We now need to stay calm and prepare for the second half of the season."

DOUBLE TROUBLE AS RIBERY AND ROBBEN RULED OUT

Unfortunately for Bayern, Robben and Franck Ribery – two men key to the team's attacking threat – would go on to make just 12 league appearances between them after Christmas.

Robben was hampered by knee and abdominal issues before tearing a calf muscle towards the end of April, while thigh and ankle problems provided frustration for France international Ribery.

With the likes of David Alaba (knee ligament) also on a lengthening list of absentees, Guardiola was facing problems on the injury front – and things were about to come to a head.

MULLER-WOHLFAHRT RESIGNS BUT BAYERN BOUNCE BACK

With a host of players sidelined, Bayern slumped to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Porto in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

Twenty-four hours later, the club was left reeling by the surprise resignation of long-serving doctor Muller-Wohlfahrt - renowned as a world leader in the treatment of sports injuries.

Muller-Wohlfahrt cited a break in "the bond of trust", suggesting his medical department had been blamed for the Porto defeat.

However, Bayern put the controversy behind them in style as they romped to a 6-1 victory in the return leg against Porto to storm into the last four of Europe’s premier club competition.

DORTMUND BRING BAYERN BACK DOWN TO EARTH

So often Bayern's closest rivals, Dortmund had a dreadful season by their usual standards and barely registered on the Bavarians' radar in the Bundesliga, eventually salvaging a seventh-place finish.

However, Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp, who departs Signal Iduna Park at the end of the season, had one parting gift for Bayern in the DFB-Pokal.

With home advantage in the semi-finals, Bayern allowed a one-goal lead to slip as Dortmund forced extra-time before Philipp Lahm, Alonso, Mario Gotze and Manuel Neuer earned a place in the home side's rogues' gallery - each failing to find the net in a penalty shoot-out that ended 2-0 in their opponents' favour.

GUARDIOLA MAKES UNHAPPY RETURN TO BARCELONA

With the Bundesliga crown already in the bag, Bayern headed to Barcelona for the first leg of their Champions League semi-final.

However, it proved to be an unhappy return for former Barca coach Guardiola, who saw his side end up on the receiving end of a 3-0 defeat courtesy of a Lionel Messi brace and Neymar's effort in stoppage time.

The German champions rallied to win the second leg 3-2, but it was not enough for Bayern, whose hopes of a treble had long since faded away.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hamburg shocked by Karlsruher attack - Labbadia

29 May 2015

852388header.jpg

Hamburg coach Bruno Labbadia said his side were stunned to concede early in the first leg of their Bundesliga play-off clash against Karlsruher on Thursday.

Labbadia's men are looking to retain their Bundesliga status - Hamburg are the only club to have remained in the German top flight since its initial season in 1963 - but were stunned at home as the promotion-chasing Karlsruher earned a 1-1 draw at the Imtech Arena.

Rouwen Hennings' fourth-minute goal shocked Hamburg, with the forward striking against his old club with an emphatic finish in off the post.

Karlsruher were unfortunate not to score again, striking the woodwork on multiple occasions, before Hamburg got into the tie via Ivo Ilicevic's 73rd-minute goal.

"After the early goal we were shocked, then too hectic. Karlsruher were too compact," Labbadia said, via Hamburg's official Twitter.

"We hoped to keep a clean sheet at home now we have a 1-1 [scoreline]. On Monday, it will be another close game."

Hamburg have to at least score at Karlsruher to retain their Bundesliga status, as the 2.Bundesliga side have the tie lead on away goals but Labbadia said his side are resilient.

"When you see the last few weeks, then you realise that the team can always get back up," he said.

On goalscorer Ilicevic, Labbadia said: "I'm happy for him, he was full in the game and has earned it."

Hamburg's most recent trip to Karlsruhe's Wildparkstadion came in 2012, when the hosts claimed a 4-2 DFB Pokal win.

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp: Pokal final not about me

29 May 2015

852690header.jpg

Jurgen Klopp hopes his Borussia Dortmund side focus on lifting the DFB-Pokal on Saturday rather than any emotions regarding his final game in charge.

This weekend's clash against Wolfsburg will be Klopp's last game at the helm following seven successful years at the club, with Thomas Tuchel due to take over next term.

While the second Pokal of Klopp's tenure would serve as a fairytale ending, the 47-year-old remains focused on the task at hand.

"This final is not about me, it’s about the team," he told reporters. "We still have the opportunity to achieve something and we want to use that.

"This final was our goal from the very first training day in summer. We are proud that we made it.

"I'm not in a nostalgic mood. We don't have to talk about anything else, everything is focused on the game tomorrow."

Klopp has decisions to make in terms of his selection, with Roman Weidenfeller and Mitch Langerak in contention for the goalkeeper's jersey while Jakub Blaszczykowski is a fitness doubt after a groin injury.

The Dortmund boss is also in the dark as to whether key Wolfsburg defender Naldo would be fit, telling opposite number Dieter Hecking: "I'll tell you who will play in goal, if you tell me whether Naldo is fit to play."

Hecking responded: "I bet Langerak will play in goal and that Naldo will be on the pitch."

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wilmots considering Schalke offer

30 May 2015

852968header.jpg

Marc Wilmots is in contact with Schalke to replace Roberto Di Matteo and will leave Belgium's national team if he wants to.

The 46-year-old coach has been heavily linked with Schalke since Di Matteo quit last week, with Wilmots having twice played for the Bundesliga club during his playing career.

The former attacking midfielder scored 38 goals in 178 appearances in all competitions for Schalke, playing there from 1996-2000 and 2001-2003, and confirmed on Friday that he is interested in coaching the Gelsenkirchen-based club.

"I am in contact with Schalke and never said that I would stay until 2018 with the national team," he told reporters at Belgium's training camp, which is being held in the lead-up to a friendly against France and a Euro 2016 qualifier versus Wales.

"I can activate my exit clause at any time."

Signing with Schalke would also give Wilmots another shot at coaching the club, after he was made interim coach at the end of the 2002-03 season, following Frank Neubarth's unsuccessful stint in charge.

Wilmots has coached his country's national team since 2012, while his only permanent club coaching role was with Sint-Truiden in 2004-05.

Alaba

Alfrescian
Loyal

Di Santo in demand, claims agent

30 May 2015

853002header.jpg

Franco Di Santo's impressive Bundesliga campaign for Werder Bremen this season has made him one of Europe's most in-demand strikers, according to his agent Gustavo Goni.

The former Wigan Athletic forward has been a revelation for Viktor Skripnik's side with 13 goals in 26 appearances, putting him sixth on the Bundesliga goalscoring charts - level with Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller.

And Goni says mid-table Bremen may struggle to keep hold of their prize asset, with clubs from across the continent showing an interest in acquiring his services.

"Yes, clubs from the Bundesliga, Spain, Italy, England and Holland want Franco," Goni told Bild. "And there are top clubs.

"It's no secret that Franco feels very comfortable in Bremen, where he has played an outstanding season. We will discuss shortly whether he will play for Werder next season or another club."

Di Santo has a year left on his contract with Bremen, with Goni not ruling out the possibility of his player signing an extension at the Weserstadion in the coming weeks.

Sahin

Alfrescian
Loyal

´Chelsea target´ Muto makes Mainz move

30 May 2015

853340header.jpg

Having been heavily linked with a move to Chelsea, Yoshinori Muto has agreed a deal to join Bundesliga side Mainz on a four-year deal.

The Japan international striker was reported to be a target for Jose Mourinho, having impressed for FC Tokyo since coming through the club's youth academy.

However, following 10 goals in 16 J.League games this term, the 22-year-old will instead link up with compatriot Shinji Okazaki at the Coface Arena.

"We've been watching Yoshinori Muto for a long time now because we're certain he suits Mainz 05 and our style of play," manager Martin Schmidt told the club's official website.

"He's quick, agile, and a very technical forward for the flanks, who will bring further quality in this position."

Sporting manager Christian Heidel added: "We've been sure for a long time that Yoshinori Muto has the quality we've been searching for the wings and up front and we took to him very well during talks in Tokyo.

"We're delighted he has chosen us, he also made his decision to sign for Mainz 05 well-known from a sporting perspective."

Robben

Alfrescian
Loyal

Muller appears to pledge future to Bayern in Instagram post

31 May 2015

853622header.jpg

Thomas Muller has moved to allay talk of a switch away from Bayern Munich, with an Instagram post appearing to state his intention to spend the rest of his career with the club.

Muller has been linked with a move to Manchester United, where he would be reunited with former Bayern boss Louis van Gaal.

The Germany forward was involved in a touchline spat with Pep Guardiola, Bayern's current coach, during a UEFA Champions League loss to Barcelona earlier this month.

However, Muller - who joined the Bayern youth set-up in 2000 - seems to have no desire for a transfer.

He posted a picture on social media website Instagram chronicling his development at Bayern from his days as a youth player to the present day, with the caption: "I was born here. I grew up here. I'll end here."

Neuer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp thanks Dortmund for emotional farewell

31 May 2015

853751header.jpg

Jurgen Klopp says he will take the outpouring of support he has received from Borussia Dortmund with him forever after bidding an emotional farewell to the Bundesliga club.

Klopp was unable to guide Dortmund to glory in the DFB-Pokal in his final game in charge as they suffered a 3-1 defeat to Wolfsburg at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin on Saturday.

In his seven seasons with Dortmund, Klopp won the Bundesliga twice, the Pokal once and reached the UEFA Champions League final in 2013, only to lose 2-1 to Bayern Munich.

Klopp said his final goodbyes to Dortmund in the early hours of Sunday morning, at an end-of-season party that followed the loss to Wolfsburg.

And he told those present: "I can't express what is going through my head right now. Over the course of the last seven years an incredible amount has happened, I've learnt so much, it has just been so emotional, special.

"We'll take that with us for the rest of our lives. I will always be thankful to you for that. It's been crazy what we've experienced together.

"People told me that if we'd won the DFB-Pokal this season, it would've been a bit of a cheesy ending. Perhaps a bit too American... I'm happy that we're all so realistic. It's better that way.

"I put my arm around each of the lads, one after another, and hugged them goodbye. Hard. Honestly. Really hard. But it's not so important what people think of you when you arrive. It's extremely important what people think of you once you're gone.

"I'd like to thank you for the thoughts you've expressed tonight. We'll take that with us, carry it around with us wherever we end up in this world. It's not something we'll ever forget."

Ilkay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp to take break after leaving Dortmund

1 June 2015

854239header.jpg

Jurgen Klopp has ruled out an immediate return to football after leaving Borussia Dortmund and confirmed he is to take an indefinite break.

Klopp bid an emotional farewell to Dortmund following a disappointing 3-1 defeat to Wolfsburg in Saturday's DFB-Pokal final.

Dortmund enjoyed great success under Klopp's stewardship - winning the Bundesliga twice and the DFB-Pokal in 2012, as well as reaching the 2013 UEFA Champions League final.

Klopp confirmed in April that he would end his seven-season stay at Signal Iduna Park, and has since been linked with several top European jobs.

However, the 47-year-old believes it would be wrong to jump straight into a new challenge.

Klopp is quoted in the German media as saying: "After seven intense and emotional years I think it makes sense to process the countless memories before, when I'm fresh and motivated, I take a new job with my coaching staff."