• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║║ La Liga Season 2012-13 ║║

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga Preview: Real Sociedad v Real Madrid

24 May 2013

321376header.jpg

Real Madrid will look to bounce back from their Copa del Rey disappointment when they visit Real Sociedad in La Liga on Sunday.

In the penultimate round of action, second-placed Real Madrid – who are 13 points behind champions Barcelona – face a difficult road trip.

Sociedad sit fourth in the table and are locked in a battle with Valencia, who are behind them on goal difference only, for the position, which would earn them entrance into the UEFA Champions League qualification stages next season.

Real Madrid's last match saw them defeated 2-1 in the Copa del Rey final by city rivals Atletico.

The Santiago Bernabeu outfit had not lost to Atletico in any competition since 1999 but the underdogs snapped a 14-year drought with an excellent performance.

They trailed after an early Cristiano Ronaldo goal, but Diego Costa's first-half strike forced a crazy period of extra time.

Atletico scored the winner after 98 minutes through Koke, as referee Carlos Clos sent off two players – Ronaldo and Atletico's Gabi – and gave yellow cards to another 11 players in a tense clash.

It followed Real Madrid's exit from the UEFA Champions League, which saw them edged 4-3 on aggregate by Borussia Dortmund in the semi-finals, and with manager Jose Mourinho set to leave his post, it seems as if an era in Madrid is coming to an end.

A 1-1 draw to Espanyol preceded the Copa del Rey final, meaning Madrid have not won in over a fortnight, with their last success being a 6-2 thrashing of Malaga.

Portuguese star Ronaldo has netted 34 league goals for Real Madrid this season, second only to Barcelona's Lionel Messi (46), and has 10 in his last nine La Liga fixtures.

With the match so crucial for Sociedad's hopes of finishing fourth, a terrific atmosphere is expected at Estadio Municipal de Anoeta.

Sociedad have been in excellent form since November, and without any cup or continental distractions, Philippe Montanier's side have lost just two of their last 27 La Liga fixtures.

Of those two defeats, one came at Real Madrid in January, as Ronaldo bagged a double in a 4-3 thriller.

Key to Sociedad's run has been the form of forward duo Carlos Vela and Agirretxe, who have netted 14 and 13 La Liga goals respectively this season.

They will be without Frenchman Montanier – who has agreed a deal to coach Rennes next season – for the 2013-14 campaign and in his last home game, Sociedad are sure to be up for a fight against a Real Madrid side simply looking forward to the season's end.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga Preview: Espanyol v Barcelona

25 May 2013

321457header.jpg

City pride is all that will be at stake when Spanish champions Barcelona visit cross-town rivals Espanyol on Sunday.

In fact, Barca coach Tito Vilanova should be thanking his team's derby rivals - it was Espanyol's 1-1 draw with Real Madrid nearly a fortnight ago that gift-wrapped his team a 22nd Spanish top flight title.

With that said, derbies between these two sides are rarely civil affairs and Espanyol always seem to find an extra gear when Barcelona come to play.

Victory in their final two league matches of the season would see Barca reach the 100-point mark and equal the record set by Real Madrid last season.

The teams head into the match in contrasting form, with Barca posting a 2-1 victory over Real Valladolid last weekend, while Espanyol were beaten 2-0 by lowly Deportivo La Coruna.

Espanyol are without a win in their past four La Liga games, and look to have downed tools after securing their top-flight survival.

When coach Javier Aguirre arrived last November, replacing Mauricio Pochettino, the club were bottom of the league after taking just nine points from their first 13 games.

The Mexican's arrival heralded a stunning turnaround, and Espanyol head into this weekend's game in 11th place.

The last time the two sides played, Barca had a brace from Pedro Rodriguez in a 4-0 victory at Camp Nou in January, and they may need another contribution from him this weekend, given Lionel Messi is out with a hamstring injury.

Alexis Sanchez is another who could be called upon by Vilanova to pick up the considerable slack left by the absence of the Argentine maestro, while skipper Carles Puyol is out with a knee problem.

Aguirre will have almost a full squad to choose from, but Espanyol will be without midfielder Sergio Tejera, who is suspended after picking up a caution at Deportivo La Coruna last weekend.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cavani's father tips move to La Liga

By Miles Chambers
May 25, 2013 7:24:00 PM

280104hp2.jpg

The striker's dad insists his son is happy in Naples but remains open to a move away from the Stadio San Paolo, with the forward himself keen to avoid speculation

The father of Napoli star Edinson Cavani has revealed the striker is likely to move to Spain this summer - if he decides to leave the club in the transfer window.

The Uruguay international has been linked with a move to Manchester City but comments from his family seem to suggest that the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are more realistic options.

"Edinson is very happy in Italy and I am not saying that to make the fans or directors happy. It is the truth," Luis Cavani told Ovacion Digital.

"This is his career and about business, though. If he does leave Italy, then I think his future will be in Spain."

Cavani himself, however, was not in a speculative mood and instead preferred to look ahead to the summer, with the Confederations Cup in mid-June to look forward to.

"During my career people have linked me with numerous clubs, but until there is a signature nothing is for sure," he said.

"Right now my only thought is for Napoli. I want to have a few days off before going on international duty. I want to continue working and improving, as in life one must always keep learning new things."

Cavani's goals helped to propel the Partenopei to second place in Serie A this season, securing a group stage spot in the 2013-14 Champions League.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Monaco expect to sign Falcao 'plus four or five more'

By Joe Wright
May 21, 2013 8:36:00 PM

281383hp2.jpg

The club's assistant coach Jean Petit has confirmed negotiations for the Colombian are progressing and that he hopes to see a number of other top players follow

Monaco assistant coach Jean Petit claims he expects the club to complete the signing of Radamel Falcao "as soon as possible."

The Atletico Madrid star has long been linked with a shock move to the newly-promoted Ligue 1 outfit, despite reported interest from the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Petit has now confirmed he expects the Colombian to seal a move to the principality club shortly, along with a number of other top-class players.

"Yes, we are expecting Falcao and four or five other players of his quality," he told Radio RCN.

"We have spoken and we continue to speak with Falcao and his representatives, negotiations are ongoing. We hope to seal a deal as soon as possible.

"Monaco need a player like Falcao because he can help us a lot and because he can attract other top players, and that's the best way of confirming our project is big and interesting. Signing Falcao is a big coup, on sporting and media levels, for French football.

"As a footballer Falcao has everything. He has technique, good control of the ball and scores a lot of goals. We saw it here in Monaco in the [European] SuperCup final and we were impressed and surprised by his performance and clinical finishing. President [Dmitry] Rybolovlev likes Falcao a lot."

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Only Ronaldo and Messi impress me more than Bale – Zidane

By Julian Bennetts
May 25, 2013 10:27:00 AM

283010hp2.jpg

The Real Madrid director of football enthuses that the Tottenham star is "more than good enough" to turn out for los Blancos, having watched Spurs games just to see the Welshman

Real Madrid director of football Zinedine Zidane says that only Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have impressed him more than Tottenham star Gareth Bale this season.

The Welsh winger, named PFA Player of the Year for his exploits at Spurs, is "more than good enough" to play for los Blancos, added the Frenchman, with the Spanish giants known suitors.

The north London club are close to tying down their in-demand forward to a new £130,000-per-week contract this summer, but Zidane hinted that he remains hopeful Bale could consider a switch to Santiago Bernabeu.

"I have been watching Tottenham for the very reason that Bale has been playing," Zidane told Goal.

"Aside from Ronaldo and Messi, who are the top players, I must admit that he is the footballer who impressed me most.

"He particularly impressed me because he was consistent – he wasn't great in one or two matches, he was a great player all the time. He scored goals and was consistently scoring them – very important goals. He has been very impressive."

Asked if Bale could be playing at the Santiago Bernabeu next season, Zidane replied: "All big, talented players could go to Real Madrid.

"He is more than good enough to play for Real Madrid."

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Official: Barcelona to sign Neymar on five-year deal

By Chris Myson
May 26, 2013 2:30:00 AM

283056hp2.jpg

Both the club and the Brazilian forward himself have confirmed he will formally put pen to paper on Monday and join the Camp Nou giants this summer

Barcelona have officially confirmed they have reached a deal with Santos to sign Brazilian star Neymar, who will sign a five-year contract with the club on Monday.

The forward himself also broke the news through his Instagram and Facebook accounts and revealed his appearance against Flamengo on Sunday would be the last he makes for his boyhood club.

A Barcelona statement read: "FC Barcelona and Santos have agreed to terms for Neymar da Silva Santos Junior. The Brazilian forward will don the Blaugrana strip for the next five seasons. "

Shortly afterwards, the club publicly welcomed him on Twitter and posted a player profile on their official website.

The transfer deal for Neymar, who opted to join Barca over Real Madrid, will be worth around €28 million with the player's deal tying him to the Camp Nou club until the summer of 2018.

The Brazil international will earn around €7m-a-year at Barcelona, who have also agreed to play two friendly matches against Santos - one at home and another away - as part of the deal.

Neymar said: "It is not going to hold out until Monday. My family and friends already know my decision. On Monday, I will sign a contract with Barcelona.

"I want to thank the fans of Santos for these incredible nine years. My feeling for the club and the fans will never change. It is eternal!

"Only a club like Santos FC could give me everything I experienced on and off the field. I thank the wonderful Peixe fans who supported me even in the most difficult moments.

“I insisted on playing my last match, tomorrow, in Brasília. I want to have the chance to walk into the pitch once more, wearing this shirt and hearing the fans sing my name.

"Titles, goals, dribbling, celebrations and songs that fans created for me will be forever in my heart.

“This is a different moment for me. I'm sad (because of the goodbye) and happy (to have a new challenge). May God bless my choices…”

Neymar's contract with Santos had been due to run until next summer's World Cup but he was always widely expected to move to La Liga this year so the club could secure a transfer fee for his services.

The 21-year-old has been named in the Brazil squad for the Confederations Cup tournament in June, after which he will link up with his new Barca team-mates ahead of next season.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Real Sociedad 3 Real Madrid 3

27 May 2013

321621header.jpg

Xabi Prieto's stoppage-time equaliser kept Real Sociedad's UEFA Champions League hopes alive, as they drew 3-3 with Real Madrid on Sunday.

In a hugely entertaining match, Gonzalo Higuain's sixth-minute strike was all that separated the two teams at the break.

Jose Callejon's goal, 12 minutes into the second half, looked to have sealed the result for Real but a Xabi Prieto penalty and an Antoine Griezmann strike levelled proceedings with 12 minutes left.

Sami Khedira responded with a superb chip, but Sociedad, who were completely dominant in the latter stages, finally mustered an equaliser with captain Prieto's header giving them what could be a vital point.

With Valencia winning 1-0 against Granada, Sociedad slipped to fifth – two points behind the Mestalla outfit who occupy the fourth position that brings with it involvement in the Champions League group stages – with one match of the Liga season remaining.

With nothing but pride to play for, Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho made six changes to his side.

The likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso were all rested, with forwards Higuain and Callejon and midfielder Kaka just some of the players coming in.

Real Sociedad made two changes, with Mikel Gonzalez and Gonzalo Castro replacing the suspended Carlos Vela and omitted Liassine Cadamuro.

The visitors took the lead after just six minutes as a horrendous Mikel blunder gave Higuain the perfect chance to score.

The defender dallied on the ball, and failed to complete a one-two with a team-mate, chipping straight at Higuain who stormed forward before shooting past Real Sociedad goalkeeper Claudio Bravo.

Mikel almost made amends at the other end, putting the ball into the side netting following a corner, Agirretxe had two efforts on goal, and Griezmann forced Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez into a great save in an inspired spell of play.

Illarra's great ball over the top saw Griezmann in space and his header forced a terrific reaction save from Lopez, who then did well to deny Agirretxe moments later.

The chances kept coming for the hosts, with Illarra's header saved by Lopez, before Griezmann was only able to get a toe on a ball across the face of goal.

Real Sociedad did not deserve to be one goal down at half-time and Agirretxe went close again just after play resumed, hammering a hard and low effort at Lopez who saved well.

After Inigo Martinez nearly scored an own-goal, Real Madrid hit their opponents with the ultimate sucker-punch as an excellent Kaka cross was side-footed in by Callejon inside the six-yard box in the 57th minute.

Sociedad snatched a lifeline just six minutes later though, as Prieto's ball into the penalty area was carelessly handled by Sami Khedira.

Prieto himself stepped up to take the spot-kick and coolly slotted it, giving the players and the crowd hope of an unlikely comeback win.

And they should have been celebrating an equaliser in the 69th minute as Griezmann latched onto Agirretxe's ball and rounded Lopez, but could only shoot wide.

Griezmann did get Sociedad's equaliser though, as Carlos Martinez supplied a terrific ball that he netted at the far post in the 78th minute.

Real Madrid produced an immediate response, as a one-two between substitute Mesut Oezil and Khedira ended in the latter delightfully dinking the ball over Bravo and into the back of the net.

Sociedad were not disheartened though, as Prieto's bullet header forced Lopez in another fabulous save, before Griezmann had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside.

Agirretxe headed just wide with what looked to be the game's last chance, but there was more drama to come.

Another Carlos Martinez cross was headed back across the face of goal by Agirretxe, and Prieto was on hand at the far post to nod home, beating Lopez to the ball by a matter of inches.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga Wrap: Valencia in box seat for Champions League

27 May 2013

321628header.jpg

Roberto Soldado has taken Valencia above Real Sociedad into La Liga's Champions League places with a 1-0 win over Granada.

Soldado's header on the hour-mark gave Valencia a crucial win at home, which took them into fourth spot on the Spanish league table with 65 points, above Sociedad (63 points), who needed a second-half stoppage time equaliser to draw 3-3 against Real Madrid.

Sunday's results leave Valencia in the box seat to claim La Liga's berth in the qualifying stages of next season's Champions League ahead of the final round of games, while at the bottom of the table, Celta de Vigo won 2-0 away to Real Valladolid to move within one point of safety.

In Valencia, the home side dominated 16th-placed Granada, controlling possession for 65 percent of the match, while the visitors did not manage a shot on target.

But the hosts had to wait until the 60th minute to finally beat Granada's goalkeeper Roberto with Joao Pereira's driven cross to the near post neatly headed into the net by an unmarked Soldado.

In San Sebastian, Sociedad came from behind twice to secure a draw against second-placed Real Madrid with attacking midfielder Xabi Prieto leading the way for the hosts.

The visitors from the capital hit the front in the sixth minute through Gonzalo Higuain and doubled their lead 11 minutes into the second half following Jose Callejon's goal.

Sociedad struck twice to draw level at 2-2 thanks to a penalty from Prieto and Antoine Griezmann's equaliser but Real Madrid moved ahead again in the 80th minute when Sami Khedira chipped Claudio Bravo.

But Prieto clinched a point for Sociedad to keep them within striking distance of fourth spot when he bundled the ball home at the back post from Imanol Agirretxe's cross in the 93rd minute.

In the relegation battle, Celta moved above Real Zaragoza into 18th position, one point and one spot away from safety.

Gustavo Cabral and Iago Aspas gave Celta victory in Valladolid, while Zaragoza were thumped 4-0 by Real Betis.

Bottom club Mallorca claimed a scoreless draw away to Atletico Madrid to also stay alive, while 17th-placed Deportivo La Coruna lost 3-1 to Malaga.

Those results mean any three of the bottom four clubs could be relegated on the final day with Deportivo (35 points, minus 22 goal difference) ahead of Celta (34, minus 16), Zaragoza (34, minus 23) and Mallorca (33, minus 31).

In other La Liga results, Rayo Vallecano won their Madrid derby 2-1 against Getafe, Barcelona also had derby success with a 2-0 win over Espanyol, Osasuna defeated Sevilla 2-1 and Levante knocked off Athletic Bilbao 1-0.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Espanyol 0 Barcelona 2

27 May 2013

321620header.jpg

Barcelona beat city rivals Espanyol 2-0 on Sunday to keep them on target to achieve 100 points and match Real Madrid's La Liga record.

Alexis Sanchez's first-half strike earned the Liga champions their 31st victory this season at Cornelia El-Prat, the forward's fourth goal in as many games securing their 14th win on their travels.

Pedro added a second in the closing minutes to extend Barcelona's unbeaten record against Espanyol to eight games, although they should have recorded a larger winning margin.

Tito Vilanova made four changes to the side that beat Real Valladolid in their previous outing with Dani Alves, Thiago Alcantara, Alex Song and Sanchez returning to the starting line-up.

Espanyol made three changes for their final home game of the season; Joan Capdevilla, Victor Sanchez and Juan Forlin were all recalled by Javier Aguirre.

The visitors had the perfect start to the match as Sanchez grabbed his eighth goal of the season after a perfect one-two with David Villa.

The Chilean received the ball on the left-hand side of the penalty area, his pass to Villa was beautifully flicked back to him inside the area. Sanchez took the ball on his chest and, as the ball dropped to his feet, he jinked around the challenges before curling the ball into the back of Cristian Alvarez's net.

Barcelona dominated large amounts of possession during the opening half without ever really threatening the Espanyol goal.

Cesc Fabregas crashed a shot against the left-hand post shortly after Sanchez's opener and Andres Iniesta had a chance before the break but his volley swerved wide of goal.

At the other end, Victor Valdes' only issue was a back-pass from Pique that he had to head away, but the hosts were unable to capitalise on the keeper's poor position.

Villa should have doubled Barcelona's lead nine minutes after the break when he was set up perfectly by Fabregas inside the penalty area. The striker jinked past his marker and looked certain to score but inexplicably fired wide with the goal gaping.

The front three of the 22-time Liga winners were full of running and their movement caused problems for the home defence, but a lack of clinical finishing let them down as Alvarez was rarely tested despite having to be alert at all times.

With 10 minutes to play Wakaso Mubarak earned himself two yellow cards in as many seconds as he protested a decision to award Barcelona a free-kick for a foul on Sanchez, the Ghanaian made his feelings clear which brought the first card, and when he appeared to push the referee, he was given his marching orders.

Substitute Pedro added the second goal with five minutes to play, knocking a neat interchange with fellow sub Xavi and poking the ball into the back of the net for his second goal in as many games.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

283586_thumb.jpg

Neymar in tears as he bids farewell to Santos
The gifted attacker wore the Peixe jersey for the last time at the weekend as he prepares to move to Spain

283379_thumb.jpg

'Neymar isn't a pop star' - Dani Alves
The Brazilian insists his compatriot is far more humble than his reputation suggests, while David Villa believes the signing of the starlet is great news

281451_thumb.jpg

Mourinho helped us a lot, says Marcelo
The Brazil international paid tribute to his coach as he prepares to bid farewell to the Spanish giants and has welcomed Neymar to Europe

211554_thumb.jpg

Manchester City is an option, reveals Pellegrini
The Chilean has already revealed that he will leave current club Malaga at the end of the season and has now spoken of his potential move to England for the first time

283312_thumb.jpg

Neymar: Playing with Messi, Xavi & Iniesta an honour
The Brazilian starlet is relishing the prospect of linking up with the star trio as he prepares to complete his "dream" move to Camp Nou

183024_thumb.jpg

Pires backs Zidane for Real Madrid role
The former France international believes his ex-team-mate can make a success of the position if he takes on the role in the near future

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real dangle £65m carrot to lure Bale away from Spurs after rivals Barca land Neymar

By NEIL ASHTON PUBLISHED: 21:36 GMT, 26 May 2013 | UPDATED: 21:36 GMT, 26 May 2013

Daniel Levy's determination to hold on to Gareth Bale will be tested by a staggering £65million bid from Real Madrid.The Tottenham chairman will have to resist a massive summer offer from the Spanish giants after rivals Barcelona finally captured Santos forward Neymar on a five-year deal yesterday. Real accept they will have to spend big to land Bale and will accelerate their plans to land the Spurs and Wales talisman.

article-0-18814102000005DC-790_634x427.jpg

In demand: Gareth Bale has attracted attention from Real Madrid after his glittering performances

Although Real had an interest in Neymar, the Brazil forward signed a pre-contract agreement with Barcelona a year ago. After Barca comfortably won La Liga this season, Real are making significant funds available for a summer spending spree for their next coach, Carlo Ancelotti. Although Spurs are already in negotiations with Bale over an improved contract worth around £170,000 a week, Real are ready with the transfer fee.They regard the Wales international as one of the world’s outstanding players and will formalise their bid at the end of the season in Spain. Outgoing coach Jose Mourinho is not involved in any of Real’s transfer projects and it is all taking place over his head.

article-2331156-19F855E5000005DC-550_306x423.jpg
article-2331156-19F855D5000005DC-280_306x423.jpg

Acrobatics: Bale enjoyed a fine season for Tottenham but couldn't guide them to the Champions League

Real president Florentino Perez wants Bale at the Bernabeu and his key adviser Zinedine Zidane confirmed Real’s interest in the player on Friday. Bale won the grand slam of Player of the Year awards last season, scooping the Football Writers’ Association accolade, both PFA prizes and the Barclays Premier League honour.The Tottenham forward has always made it clear that he is happy at White Hart Lane, but admitted last season he would consider his future this summer.

article-2331156-19DC5F56000005DC-748_634x417.jpg

Exit: Carlo Ancelotti is set to replace Jose Mourinho as manager of Real Madrid after quitting PSG

At 23, his playing career is in front of him, but there is a lingering feeling that a player of his undoubted talent should be playing Champions League football. Bale scored 21 goals in the Premier League last season, his best return after six years at Spurs. Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas admitted Champions League football was the key to keeping Bale at White Hart Lane in the last few weeks of the season. That attitude changed when Tottenham slipped to fifth but the head coach insisted he is certain the forward will remain at the club.

article-0-19F730C3000005DC-480_634x394.jpg

Adamant: Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is sure he will keep hold of Bale

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vilanova: Neymar chose sport over money by joining Barca

By Joe Wright
May 26, 2013 10:44:00 PM

279687hp2.jpg

The 44-year-old feels the Brazilian will improve his side's chances of silverware in the future and paid tribute to outgoing Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho

Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova believes that Neymar chose sporting opportunities over financial gain by joining the club ahead of Real Madrid.

The 21-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the Liga champions after Santos accepted a €28 million offer earlier this week, and the trainer was thrilled to beat off rival suitors to capture their long-term transfer target.

"We have to congratulate the technical staff for the signing of Neymar," he told reporters after his side's 2-0 win over Espanyol on Sunday.

"It is an important signing. We have been very attentive for some time because he could have had other, and better, proposals.

"I also have to congratulate Neymar for choosing a sporting project and not a financial one. I have confidence he will do well in Europe and he will help us to become even greater.

"Neymar is the player we were looking for. We asked two and a half years ago. The club has been very successful and has done things very well, as we did with Jordi Alba last year. He progressed very well with the rest.

"His qualities are well known. All we are interested in is that he is a high-level player.

"If they say Neymar is a 'YouTube player' then it's a good thing, because he has had some great games and great goals. He has chosen Barcelona because he believes he can adapt well to our play. If he had been looking for money, there would have been nothing for Barca to do.

"It's a dream to have an attack like this. With so many better players we will have more chances to win. Now, we have to combine them in the best way, as we have done before. If Neymar comes it is because Barca are a long-term option for him."

Alexis Sanchez and Pedro struck the goals to seal a win against local rivals Espanyol on Sunday to keep Barca on track to reach 100 points for the season, and Vilanova insists his side will do their best to reach the milestone - even though it will not make up for the disappointment of their Champions League exit.

"We played a great game," he continued. "It was a shame we had injuries at a key moment. The team has a good level and we could have passed the semi-finals and the final of the Champions League otherwise. That's already happened and I congratulate Bayern, but I insist, we have reached the end of the season at a good level.

"It's better not to talk about these things [the 100 points tally]. Now we have won game to go, one victory, and we will have to try to win it. Although it is not a title, we are going to try."

Finally, Vilanova wished Jose Mourinho well as he prepares to depart Real Madrid at the end of the season, paying tribute to the 50-year-old's winning mentality despite his oft-controversial behaviour.

"His arrival created a real buzz. He is one of the best coaches, and one of the most successful. I wish him well and wish him luck," Vilanova added.

"He has always managed to win. It's in his own way, but he has always managed to win."

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'I was offered money to fix matches' - Bermejo

By Shane Callaghan
May 26, 2013 8:52:00 PM

207119hp2.jpg

The 34-year-old has urged fellow players not to give in temptation and turn down cash offers for the sake of the integrity of football

Celta Vigo striker Mario Bermejo has claimed that he has been offered money to fix matches during his career.

Earlier this month, the president of the Spanish Football League, Javier Tebas said that he had "considerable evidence" that a game between Levante and Deportivo La Coruna had been manipulated.

And Bermejo has asserted that he and some colleagues have been offered cash but urged to resist temptation for the sake of the game.

"I will not deny that I have experienced situations of attempted match-fixing. I have been offered money and I know other people who have too," he told reporters.

"What we need to do is to report it and not give into the temptation because it is not good for football, players, fans and it's no good for the sport in general."

ChinaSucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neymar will improve Barcelona, says Rosell
The Blaugrana supremo believes that the Brazil international has what it takes to make an instant impact at Camp Nou

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Madrid accept Neymar's decision to join Barcelona
The club say they hold no grudges towards the Brazilian, while revealing Cristiano Ronaldo is being plagued by a back injury

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mourinho not leaving Madrid because of pressure - Ramos
The Spaniard has nothing but praise for his boss and says his Santiago Bernabeu exit had nothing do with failing to reach meet expectations

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Isco honoured by Real Madrid interest
The Spanish starlet is flattered after catching the attention of the Liga giants but insisted that he would only move to a club to play regularly

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Raul Albiol: I wish Mourinho well
The Real Madrid defender has expressed his gratitude to the departing coach and stressed that he had no rift with the Portuguese

Slayer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The club say they hold no grudges towards the Brazilian, while revealing Cristiano Ronaldo is being plagued by a back injury

See the posts below u. Gotta thank u for helping me to speed up. Ha ha ha..

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

280959_thumb.jpg

PSG trying to block Ancelotti to Madrid - Bronzetti
The agent says PSG are placing obstacles in the way of their coach's departure because of a dearth of adequate replacements, he also expects Edinson Cavani to stay at Napoli

244843_thumb.jpg

Del Bosque: La Liga needs players like Neymar
The World Cup-winning coach has applauded Barcelona's capture of the young attacker and is pleased to see another star move to Spain

268712_thumb.jpg

Zidane will control our transfers, says Perez
The Madrid chief has revealed that the former France star will become the new sporting director, while adding that they have yet to decide on who will replace Jose Mourinho

277317_thumb.jpg

James keen to team up with Falcao at Monaco
The attacking midfielder is looking forward to playing alongside the Atletico Madrid striker next season and is aiming to achieve great things

274065_thumb.jpg

Neymar would have cost Real Madrid €150m, says Perez
The Madrid supremo feels the Brazil international was too expensive, while he is full of praise for Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso

243561_thumb.jpg

Aguero dismisses talk of Real Madrid move
The Argentine striker spoke to Goal about his future at the Etihad Stadium, speculation linking him with a move to the Liga giants and preparations for next season

265250_thumb.jpg

Diego Lopez: Mourinho will be a great loss to Madrid
The Spanish goalkeeper believes the club will feel the void left by the departing Portuguese boss, but insists he will remain fighting for his place at los Blancos

283379_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid offered double Barcelona's bid for Neymar
Blancos president Florentino Perez was desperate to bring the Santos starlet to the Bernabeu but the player chose the Catalans' offer due to their sporting project

281383_thumb.jpg

Falcao: Atletico has been like a dream
The Colombian has spent two years at the Vicente Calderon and has enjoyed every minute of his stay in the Spanish capital but refused to confirm his exit

282050_thumb.jpg

Courtois desperate for Atletico stay
The Belgian goalkeeper says he wants to play for the Vicente Calderon outfit for at least one more season and has thanked fans for their support

283314_thumb.jpg

'Neymar will need to behave to get along with Messi' - Montoya
The Spain youth international is looking forward to the Brazilian's arrival at Camp Nou but warned him about a potential clash of personalities

242516_thumb.jpg

Del Bosque: Casillas is ready
The Spain boss has reiterated his confidence in the Real Madrid goalkeeper ahead of the tournament, which kicks off in just over two weeks

278600_thumb.jpg

Raul Albiol: I wish Mourinho well
The Real Madrid defender has expressed his gratitude to the departing coach and stressed that he had no rift with the Portuguese

280976_thumb.jpg

Isco honoured by Real Madrid interest
The Spanish starlet is flattered after catching the attention of the Liga giants but insisted that he would only move to a club to play regularly

283522_thumb.jpg

Mourinho not leaving Madrid because of pressure - Ramos
The Spaniard has nothing but praise for his boss and says his Santiago Bernabeu exit had nothing do with failing to reach meet expectations

283379_thumb.jpg

277878_thumb.jpg

Neymar will improve Barcelona, says Rosell
The Blaugrana supremo believes that the Brazil international has what it takes to make an instant impact at Camp Nou