• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wake up lah Singapore is no paradise....

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since I was young, I've subjected to one sided political indoctrination bombarded by state controlled newspapers and TV media. For those who are from rich families and can afford to travel, they would have their eyes open at an early age because they will be exposed to what is going on in foreign countries. The effects of continued propaganda and indoctrination is heaviest on the poor who spend their whole lives in Singapore. Over time I thought that people in other countries live in complete chaos and Singapore is a true paradise. Our homes are worldclass, our transport system is world class, our education system is world class, our govt takes excellent care of the poor and old. Other countries are fraught with crime disorder and misery.

It was only when I was in my twenties that I get to travel to Muar in Malaysia. I was terrified of going given the numerous reported crimes reported in our newspapers. I was afraid of getting robbed, cheated and killed. I set aside my apprehension of the unknown to go to stay at the home of a friend of a friend. I was worried the home will have no basic amenities like water, electricity, cable vision and Internet access given they are not advanced like Singapore. I was afraid thatI would not be able to get around due to their backward transport system. I was also afraid that racial riots and protests will erupt sponteneously on the streets putting my life in danger. Muar is afterall the backwater of Malaysia.

When I got there, the 1st question I asked my host was whether he can provide me with some information on public transport. His reply was "public transport? What public transport?". That immediately confirmed my fears that the place was hopeless. However, what he said next was more shocking to me, "Everyone here drives around or use motorbike lah who wants to take bus?!". It is shocking because the unreachable Singapore dream of owning a car is a default transportation in Muar? Yes, and they have clean water, cable with more channels, Internet access, mobile phones too. They mostly live in landed property which although look a bit run down have little garden and spaces for children. In the 1 week I was there, I was not robbed or cheated. The food was great and I even got to meet the (in)famous Muar rapper who unpleasantly hurled vulgarities at me when he found out I was from Singapore. The old don't work in Muar, they look after grandchildren ...yes, the people there are still reproducing. My first experience out of Singapore thought me that people don't live the same way we do in Singapore - they are firstly more relaxed, children have spare time to play soccer, they live in bigger homes. Also, people like the Muar rapper have some character and do not behave like drones feeding an economic machine.

I suspect many poor Singaporeans who don't travel do not know that life can actually be better. They are somewhat trapped in their thoughts that what is unchangeable is unchangeable and they can only cope with life and struggle through the challenges. I used to think that people are stupid to emigrate from such a wonderful place like Singapore to other countries where the system is described by our newspapers as completely flawed dysfunctional and unsafe. Just a short trip to one of Malaysia's backwater made me questions the assumptions on which Singaporean lives are built. Singapore is a sparkling micropolis with numerous millionaires but most of us will never be millionaires and will have to eke out an average life - 3 room flats, public transport, A level education. Many will not be able to afford marriage and children. We are now told to go to Malaysia when we are sick and old. Singapore is a paradise only to those who don't know better....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Whenever i think of SG, i think of this song. No matter where i go, i see the sad strained faces of the people. Everyone is wound up like a spring.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4N3N1MlvVc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they are ingrates and they are useless. Even alternative Leong Sam feels the same way about the latter.:rolleyes:

That is not true, they are just people trying to survive in a tough ultra competitive society.

Straits Times wanted to interview me abt my short trip to rustic Muar. Why don't these reporters just go there themselves and experience life there it is just a short hop from Singapore

Straits Times interview request
Hi TopSage,

I'm Cheryl Ong, a reporter for The Straits Times Newsdesk. My colleague and I are working on a feature story about Singaporeans who moved to Malaysia (our focus is on JB but we are also looking for those who moved to other parts of Malaysia) and continue to work in Singapore, or travel back very often to meet up with friends and family.

I found an interesting online post you wrote on (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p...d=1#post675121) about your experiences with your move to Muar, and was wondering if you could help us with our story. We hope to find out more about what it's like to uproot yourself to Malaysia, how it's like so far, and hopefully, to see what your current home & lifestyle is like.

I hope you will reply at the numbers or email listed below as soon as you can, as we have a tight deadline for this story. Thank you!

Regards,
Cheryl Ong
Journalist
Newsdesk, The Straits Times
DID: 6319 5628 HP: 81185570
Email: [email protected],

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over the last 50 years Pap has successfully replaced education with indoctrination.
With an entire generation or two becoming like the dumbo 60.1%.
Dictatorial governments in countries around the world are being brought down.....a revolutionary wave machiam the one over 150 years that swept the world and abolished abosolute monarchy in over 50 countries.
The time is now, the time is here.....sinkies sheep rise up...our turn is coming.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if Cheryl Ong wants to write about people who uproot from Muar to Singapore she can email fucktard tonychat
:biggrin:

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can attest that intellegent men or women being coop up in the PAP box become so unintellegent and sound shallow and stupid !

Kenneth

Alfrescian
Loyal
because I go to muar a few days make a few observations means I am.malaysian....this is called jumping into.wrong conclusion

And u claim that u can't see tree from your HDB flat during Haze hit 400pts, That only happen in Muar n batu pahat when their haze hit 700pts.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
And u claim that u can't see tree from your HDB flat during Haze hit 400pts, That only happen in Muar n batu pahat when their haze hit 700pts.

I din say how far the tree is what's wrong with you? If you stay in bedok can you see tree in toa payoh?
If your education is pale, its okay but you managed to get O level and cannot think properly means something wrong with our education system

Last edited:

Kenneth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I din say how far the tree is what's wrong with you? If you stay in bedok can you see tree in toa payoh?
If your education is pale, its okay but you managed to get O level and cannot think properly means something wrong with our education system

Liar always find excuse for his lies, same as the Premier Xi case and Worker's party Christmas party case.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since I was young, I've subjected to one sided political indoctrination bombarded by state controlled newspapers and TV media. For those who are from rich families and can afford to travel, they would have their eyes open at an early age because they will be exposed to what is going on in foreign countries. The effects of continued propaganda and indoctrination is heaviest on the poor who spend their whole lives in Singapore. Over time I thought that people in other countries live in complete chaos and Singapore is a true paradise. Our homes are worldclass, our transport system is world class, our education system is world class, our govt takes excellent care of the poor and old. Other countries are fraught with crime disorder and misery.

It was only when I was in my twenties that I get to travel to Muar in Malaysia. I was terrified of going given the numerous reported crimes reported in our newspapers. I was afraid of getting robbed, cheated and killed. I set aside my apprehension of the unknown to go to stay at the home of a friend of a friend. I was worried the home will have no basic amenities like water, electricity, cable vision and Internet access given they are not advanced like Singapore. I was afraid thatI would not be able to get around due to their backward transport system. I was also afraid that racial riots and protests will erupt sponteneously on the streets putting my life in danger. Muar is afterall the backwater of Malaysia.

When I got there, the 1st question I asked my host was whether he can provide me with some information on public transport. His reply was "public transport? What public transport?". That immediately confirmed my fears that the place was hopeless. However, what he said next was more shocking to me, "Everyone here drives around or use motorbike lah who wants to take bus?!". It is shocking because the unreachable Singapore dream of owning a car is a default transportation in Muar? Yes, and they have clean water, cable with more channels, Internet access, mobile phones too. They mostly live in landed property which although look a bit run down have little garden and spaces for children. In the 1 week I was there, I was not robbed or cheated. The food was great and I even got to meet the (in)famous Muar rapper who unpleasantly hurled vulgarities at me when he found out I was from Singapore. The old don't work in Muar, they look after grandchildren ...yes, the people there are still reproducing. My first experience out of Singapore thought me that people don't live the same way we do in Singapore - they are firstly more relaxed, children have spare time to play soccer, they live in bigger homes. Also, people like the Muar rapper have some character and do not behave like drones feeding an economic machine.

I suspect many poor Singaporeans who don't travel do not know that life can actually be better. They are somewhat trapped in their thoughts that what is unchangeable is unchangeable and they can only cope with life and struggle through the challenges. I used to think that people are stupid to emigrate from such a wonderful place like Singapore to other countries where the system is described by our newspapers as completely flawed dysfunctional and unsafe. Just a short trip to one of Malaysia's backwater made me questions the assumptions on which Singaporean lives are built. Singapore is a sparkling micropolis with numerous millionaires but most of us will never be millionaires and will have to eke out an average life - 3 room flats, public transport, A level education. Many will not be able to afford marriage and children. We are now told to go to Malaysia when we are sick and old. Singapore is a paradise only to those who don't know better....

Singapore is a paradise...for the rich. The poor..u die your biz!!