• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore grapples with low birth rate, integration

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you talking about, aren't you an ex-Sporean :smile:

I know alot of ex-Sporeans who've voted with their feet: relatives, ex-classmates, friends,ex-colleagues.... I know alot of people who plan to leave & those who wish they could leave.
My own estimate,about 400,000 singapoore citizens are not in Singapoo

In terms of percentage,it is about 16%

It means that for the Philippines,there should be about 14 millions

The actual no of Pinos overseas is obviously less than that number!not to mention PRC(1.3 billions) and India(1.2 billions+)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actullly I dont think that is old man's fault.

He started off with TALENT,we all know that this old man stands no fool.

But some how,half way thro'.it became ANY ONE WITH FOREIGN PASSPORT ALSO CAN?

Who decided on that?there is but one famous man who can do so in this whole wrold!

You are forgetting it was LKY's "stop at 2 policy" that affected the population numbers.

People were penalised with taxes, difficulty getting places in schools for their 3rd child unless the parents could show they had been sterilized

Alot of mistakes made by LKY & the PAP are like time bombs, their impact is felt further down the road.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie genitalia, male and female included, have been infected with too much std shit from too much fucking with visitors and everybody else except sinkies, and sinkie sperm have been swimming in circles. it's true that sinkies are going extinct. darwinian award for an entire population.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very few sinkies are willing to make similar sacrifices in order to get ahead in life. They've all gone soft through years of mollycoddling.

By the time sinkies realised that they were taken for a ride, it is too late to move. They probably woke up in their late 40s- early 50s and by then, very much harder to pack and leave. And they can only blame themselves for having total faith in the MIW.

It is the same with our FT. You see late40s-early 50s chaps? They come much younger and some even to start their families here.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My own estimate,about 400,000 singapoore citizens are not in Singapoo

In terms of percentage,it is about 16%

It means that for the Philippines,there should be about 14 millions

The actual no of Pinos overseas is obviously less than that number!not to mention PRC(1.3 billions) and India(1.2 billions+)

How many of the 400,000 & their family are now ex-Sporeans:confused:
Very unlikely that any would return to Spore, unless it was on expat terms:p That happened to a friend(ex-Sporean) who's boss wanted to set up an office in Spore.

I've met a few of these people in Canada, my landlord was an ex-Sporean :smile:
The ex-Sporeans were typically uni grads, people who would be professionals in Spore.

My friend who's an ex-Sporean tells me alot of stories from the ex-Sporean community. The hardest adjustment he sees among new emigrants from Spore is that they work too hard :biggrin:

When people do a fair assessment of the real cost to Spore of LKY's rule they'll have to factor in the number of quitters he created, those who voted with their feet.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of the 400,000 & their family are now ex-Sporeans:confused:
Very unlikely that any would return to Spore, unless it was on expat terms:p That happened to a friend(ex-Sporean) who's boss wanted to set up an office in Spore.

I've met a few of these people in Canada, my landlord was an ex-Sporean :smile:
The ex-Sporeans were typically uni grads, people who would be professionals in Spore.

My friend who's an ex-Sporean tells me alot of stories from the ex-Sporean community. The hardest adjustment he sees among new emigrants from Spore is that they work too hard :biggrin:

When people do a fair assessment of the real cost to Spore of LKY's rule they'll have to factor in the number of quitters he created, those who voted with their feet.
The very fact that Spore is one of the richest nation in the world,but singapiore hosts the higher percentage of people who want to leaves speaks for itself.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are forgetting it was LKY's "stop at 2 policy" that affected the population numbers.

People were penalised with taxes, difficulty getting places in schools for their 3rd child unless the parents could show they had been sterilized

Alot of mistakes made by LKY & the PAP are like time bombs, their impact is felt further down the road.

Agree with you, bro. This error is so obvious even the blind can see. Strangely, they keep insisting that S'pore needs them. And morons believe them by sending them into Parliament. They can do whatever they like coz morons gave them a blank cheque.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

There was nothing wrong with the aim of the policy. What went wrong was that the undesirable segment of the population ignored it completely.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean like "We will see the returns in Temasick investments in 25 years" as Leegality Lee had said??????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Another lie to placate the masses just like CPF is for "your" old age:(

The only way Sporeans will see the $$$ is when the PAP are kicked out & the gov't of the day goes after them.

However looking at how Imelda Marcos has escape justice, I doubt Sporeans will see Ho Ching jailed. As for LHL I think he'll be joining his father :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was nothing wrong with the aim of the policy. What went wrong was that the undesirable segment of the population ignored it completely.

The only problem is who is doing the "means testing" :confused: When LKY starts to play god, it's going to hurt alot of Sporeans

Who is going to decide whether you can procreate:confused:
Some of todays PAP MPs are from humble backgrounds. Don't forget that in yester years a Uni education was reserved for the wealthy.

Even today we have wealthy but dysfunctional families out there. Just have to look at LKY's family :smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Some of todays PAP MPs are from humble backgrounds. Don't forget that in yester years a Uni education was reserved for the wealthy.

The issue was not one of humble vs privileged backgrounds. It had everything to do with the fact that the muslims continued to breed like rabbits despite all the penalties the "stop at two" policy imposed.

It was projected that if the trend had been allowed to continue, Singapore would have become a majority muslim country right about now and we all know what that would mean for the Chinese population. All you have to do is look across the causeway.

You should go down on your knees and thank LKY profusely for the mass import of non muslims over the last 2 decades. He has saved your "skin" for now.:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issue was not one of humble vs privileged backgrounds. It had everything to do with the fact that the muslims continued to breed like rabbits despite all the penalties the "stop at two" policy imposed.

It was projected that if the trend had been allowed to continue, Singapore would have become a majority muslim country right about now and we all know what that would mean for the Chinese population. All you have to do is look across the causeway.

You should go down on your knees and thank LKY profusely for the mass import of non muslims over the last 2 decades. He has saved your "skin" for now.:biggrin:

Don't know if the PAP had a hidden agenda, but many chinese families followed the law while fewer Malays did so.

The joke is that there are even now more filipinos(Malays) in Spore.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Import more PRCs to make 6.5 million but must quickly build lots of flats - a lot of areas in Bukit Timah, Jurong still can be developed to build Ang Mo Kio sized estates

No time to lose - there are many fresh PRC grad talent we can choose from

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the young couples pay for their hdb, they barely have leftover for their baby.

The numbers scare them. It's somewhere along the lines of 350k to 500k before the kid will stay to work.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know if the PAP had a hidden agenda, but many chinese families followed the law while fewer Malays did so.

The joke is that there are even now more filipinos(Malays) in Spore.

the ft policy has backfired because flips have been known to destroy the gene pool where ever they go.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeans too westernised from watching hollywood movies, youngsters all talk like their idols in western tv series

we need more PRC talent with Confucian values to save our economy, save our future

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeans too westernised from watching hollywood movies, youngsters all talk like their idols in western tv series

we need more PRC talent with Confucian values to save our economy, save our future

Thank you.:biggrin: More of us on the way!:p:p:p

china+man.jpeg