• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pity the Young

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh
not sure how the young generation going to survive in singapore
. high property price - will not be able to own a flat when they get married
. high car price - cannot fulfill their dream of owning one
. no medical welfare - high cost and must pay
. special pay n bonuses once in every 4 years only - whereas cost of living increase every year
. jobs taken mostly by FTs
. places overcrowded with FTs

good luck

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah loon say gdp gone up woh! ... :(

dat 154th say ah loon got no pay rise 4 2 yrs oredi woh! ... :o

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does beg the question about the future. It is certainly different from the past where everyone worked and studied hard to get a share of the pie. There was also pride as Singapore's growth was phenomenal and we did things that raised the standards on many fronts. Migration is an avenue and more say in local politics is another.

There are of course those who find this model beneficial to them, landlords, businessmen looking for cheap labour, etc.

I would advise the young to move to 1st world countries while they are young and keen. They will still be ahead when their kids are due.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the young will have to consider migration very seriously once they realise they cannot fufil their fullest potential here despite trying their bestest, albeit in their own country where they are supposed to be 1st class citizens! And as Scroobal puts it succintly, do it "while they are young and keen."

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh
not sure how the young generation going to survive in singapore
. high property price - will not be able to own a flat when they get married
. high car price - cannot fulfill their dream of owning one
. no medical welfare - high cost and must pay
. special pay n bonuses once in every 4 years only - whereas cost of living increase every year
. jobs taken mostly by FTs
. places overcrowded with FTs

good luck
Wow,u should call that handsome boy,chow lian fatt look alike -some name like that ,to read yr comment.

That idiot has been complaining non-stop many yars ago since he first commented in Sammy about out YOUNG PEOPLE,to the extent that I am 66 years old man,could not tolerate his non-sense anymore.

He truly is a fucker!

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
u mean besotted?:rolleyes:
not Dont know his name,I didn't bother,only remember him as one angry middle aged as he always scold young people,w/o fail
I supposed he likes to live in the past!strange???
But the fact is the handsome face did strike!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the young will have to consider migration very seriously once they realise they cannot fufil their fullest potential here despite trying their bestest, albeit in their own country where they are supposed to be 1st class citizens! And as Scroobal puts it succintly, do it "while they are young and keen."

If no longer young and keen, still got chance. Just need to have loads of cash to migrate and then lead a simple life either with moderate investment or small biz to sustain one's living expenses.

The grass appears greener elsewhere. If not that young still ok if you have the skills and determination. Blue collar chaps there make more than university profs - asst prof level. Quality of life better, air fresher, less nonsense from political leaders etc.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I certainly don't pity the young. I conduct courses regularly at jcs and polys, and all I see is them complaining about how difficult life is, whilst constantly tweeting and facebooking and toting the latest fashionable togs and electronic gadgets and debating which nightspot to go to later on. Everything is provided for by their parents, yet they talk about surviving on a $1000 per month allowance, which apparently is very little today. I see the mature students and they know that life doesn't owe them a living, so they study hard to pass. I see the young students and the only thing I hear is life is so difficult. 9-5 Mon-Fri is too long, the lecturers are too lousy, the subjects are too hard, their living allowance is far too little. When I talk to them about life before the Internet, before mobiles, working 18 hours days for peanuts, earning a mere 1K salary, they stare at me blankly... and blabber "But sir, nowadays Singapore is different mah. You don't understand." I guess life is indeed very very difficult for the young, and yes, I don't understand.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I certainly don't pity the young. I conduct courses regularly at jcs and polys, and all I see is them complaining about how difficult life is, ....

Kids with poor attitudes are a probably an outcome of bad parenting or lack of parenting. Don't see this improving in the next generation as long as the PAP is still around.

Back in the 70's the term latch key kids was something new, but today households with absentee parents is the norm

It's the price Sporeans have paid & continue to pay for having mult-millionaire MPs. Like it or not these young are Sporeans and for many of them there's no future in Spore :(

May be why there's an increased in gang activity:confused:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
definitely observe less patience from today's young, especially the single children from China, that's why reading is a dying hobby.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple Solution: Overthrow the FAPee TRAITORS, Arrest them and Confiscate All of their Ill-gotten Wealth!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shouldn't pity the young. They are young, supposed to have more energy and robust. They still have the chance to carve a niche for themselves.

Pity the poor, handicap, sick and aged sick.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shouldn't pity the young. They are young, supposed to have more energy and robust. They still have the chance to carve a niche for themselves.

Pity the poor, handicap, sick and aged sick.

I would say, pity the aged, the sick, the poor , the young, the underprivileged

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
The young people are getting smarter on the streets and in academics, and they can multitask better. It's child's play for them. If the environs are not progressively more challenging and complex in response then it's very likely that they'd be bored to tears.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore youth need more pressure, not less, in order that they wake up

Singapore youth are too soft, shun hard work and carry around a bad attitude

So they have to suffer more - and the high housing prices is one good way to educate them. The older ones who bought flats ten years or more ago are okay.

Then we should import PRC youth to make sure our economy remains solid. Every year there are 6 million wonderful PRC grads, we just need to give PR and citizenship to 250,000 a year for 6 years