• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can we put up YouTube on big screen during GE ?

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
During Election Rally, are Oppositions allowed to use overhead projector and put YouTube on the big screen ?

There are quite a number of videos worth screening, as a movie paints a thousand words.

I can think of one:

"I feel so rich !" By Zorro

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During Election Rally, are Oppositions allowed to use overhead projector and put YouTube on the big screen ?

There are quite a number of videos worth screening, as a movie paints a thousand words.

I can think of one:

PAP top of the chart hits:

1. I Feel So Rich by Zorro LSS
2. Upturn The Downtown by Zorro LSS
3. Hawker, Foodcourt Or Restaurant by Vivy Bala
4. If No Retrenchment Then Worry by SM GCT
5. There's No Such Thing As Retirement by MM LKY

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can think of one:

If you had been to Taiwanese election rally - don't need to be presidential nor parliamentary election - just any mayoral or township elections you will see many huge screens as big as 30 feet diagonal at the rallies.

I was at a county magistrate 县长 election, KMT had 12 of these 30 footers and DPP had 4 of them at the rally sites (sites are 740 meters apart). There is another 1 each just in front of their campaign HQs (temp buildings built a year before poll for campaigns only)

These are monies.

You want to see effects, take out your cash and give it to the opposition parties right now.

Each election campaigns in ROC created tens of thousands of jobs, paid and volunteers, and billions of dollars in economies. The state sponsored most of it.

The law in ROC subsidized each candidate including independents, NT$30 annually for each vote he / she won for the past election taken part in, provided a minimum of percentage vote is gained. i.e. if you got only very low vote count you are no qualified for sponsorship next year onwards. This funds MUST be spent on electoral campaigns only.

Here? The famiLEE LEEgime only tried to eat your deposit if your vote counts are low.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want to see effects, take out your cash and give it to the opposition parties right now.

Give to GMS maybe OK, he die die won't pay it to PAP.

Sorry to say this, give to SDP is same as giving to PAP.

Might as well give direct to PAP and score some points.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give to GMS maybe OK, he die die won't pay it to PAP.

Sorry to say this, give to SDP is same as giving to PAP.

Might as well give direct to PAP and score some points.

Your own freedom to choose how you want to support which party.

I support different parties differently. The more they hurt famiLEE LEEgime, they better they can expect my support. I support SDP for their courage, but not their ideologies. :wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your own freedom to choose how you want to support which party.

I support different parties differently. The more they hurt famiLEE LEEgime, they better they can expect my support. I support SDP for their courage, but not their ideologies. :wink:

Enligten me and us please.

I and we don't see how paying fines to PAP government helps opposition.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The law in ROC subsidized each candidate including independents, NT$30 annually for each vote he / she won for the past election taken part in, provided a minimum of percentage vote is gained. i.e. if you got only very low vote count you are no qualified for sponsorship next year onwards. This funds MUST be spent on electoral campaigns only.

Here? The famiLEE LEEgime only tried to eat your deposit if your vote counts are low.

in taiwan elections, some politicians earn big money through political donations. think there are weakness in their political donations act, you don't need to report the $$ in income tax?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maybe you don't really support oppo parties like most of us here. you are just anti-pap. :biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enligten me and us please.

I and we don't see how paying fines to PAP government helps opposition.

Personally I am not for a single cent to pay famiLEE LEEgime, but in many other countries supporters do it. Donations received by SDP I think goes to many areas to use effectively against famiLEE LEEgime. There is a fund called legal defense fund, but there are other funds for other purposes.

You are surely either ignoring the full picture deliberately or having narrow view.

:wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally I am not for a single cent to pay famiLEE LEEgime, but in many other countries supporters do it. Donations received by SDP I think goes to many areas to use effectively against famiLEE LEEgime. There is a fund called legal defense fund, but there are other funds for other purposes.

You are surely either ignoring the full picture deliberately or having narrow view.

:wink:

Smart people don't pay fines and don't need to spend money fighting fines. There's nothing broad or narrow about that.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe you don't really support oppo parties like most of us here. you are just anti-pap. :biggrin:

People came to support opposition for various reasons.

I fight because LKy's famiLEE LEEgime is corrupt and incompetent and coward and greedy and selfish, and they are fucking lame bastard bullies.

I am not for Western Democracy nor Human Rights, it was my compromises made to work with e.g. late Mr. JBJ etc. These compromises are short-term agreements only. JBJ is is already at a better world than we are.:(

Others will have their own reasons to support opposition.

Another day, if I found parties or leaders of ANY party to be corrupt greedy incompetent coward or selfish, I will also treat them like famiLEE LEEgime. 施明德 and 陈水扁 were very close comrades during the totalitarian rule of KMT, when 施明德 found out that 陈水扁 was corrupt he formed 红衫军 to oust his old friend 陈水扁. It is sad but it is the only respectable and truthful way.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK. Next time you don't pay fine, save the money to belanjah us dimsum. :biggrin:

I never paid the bastards a single cent and I lost count how many times I went to jail. There are 3 more holiday bookings I got in Changi Prison. You want to join me or not? :eek::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never paid the bastards a single cent and I lost count how many times I went to jail. There are 3 more holiday bookings I got in Changi Prison. You want to join me or not? :eek::biggrin::biggrin:

Sounds fun and free. I'm just running out of money to pay HDB. Next time call me.