• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man torches self after 'burning' lottery win

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
A VEGETABLE farmer who lived a life of luxury after winning almost RM1mil (S$429,000) in a lottery five years ago torched himself when his "pot of gold" became empty.

The 63-year-old from Serian, Sarawak, known only as Khoo, was reported to have dug a "grave" at the back of his house before splashing petrol on his body and lighting it, reported Berita Minggu.

The man had won more than RM750,000 five years ago and then reportedly spent up to RM1,800 on a single bet over the years, hoping to strike it big again, the weekly said.

Serian OCPD Deputy Supt Jamali Umi said the police have classified the case as sudden death.

He said the victim's nephew had found the man dead in the hole.

A relative, who declined to be named, said Khoo, who never married, had stopped cultivating his farm upon winning the lottery and had spent the money on a new house and several vacations.

But with no new winnings, the barrel soon became empty.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"A man may not be more than his money ... Money will not serve the mind that cannot match it ... If a man is equal to his money, it serves him; else, it destroys him."

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

A VEGETABLE farmer who lived a life of luxury after winning almost RM1mil (S$429,000) in a lottery five years ago torched himself when his "pot of gold" became empty.

The 63-year-old from Serian, Sarawak, known only as Khoo, was reported to have dug a "grave" at the back of his house before splashing petrol on his body and lighting it, reported Berita Minggu.

The man had won more than RM750,000 five years ago and then reportedly spent up to RM1,800 on a single bet over the years, hoping to strike it big again, the weekly said.

Serian OCPD Deputy Supt Jamali Umi said the police have classified the case as sudden death.

He said the victim's nephew had found the man dead in the hole.

A relative, who declined to be named, said Khoo, who never married, had stopped cultivating his farm upon winning the lottery and had spent the money on a new house and several vacations.

But with no new winnings, the barrel soon became empty.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for some people they better not have won? if i won, no one will find out, not even family, i will continue to work like normal.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gees, he didn't use the money to learn how to make more money. That is such a waste. He can be much richer now if he did that. Too bad.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
for some people they better not have won? if i won, no one will find out, not even family, i will continue to work like normal.

amen to that. The expectations of people to those who are better off are amazing. Treats, loans and gifts. Can do without all of those.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

How anyone can live a life of "luxury" with such a paltry sum is beyond me. :rolleyes: