Page 615 of 763 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616617625665715 ... LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,300 of 15241

Thread: Living in JB

  1. #12281
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    253
    My Reputation Points: 51 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Goodness! Caught in a jam starting from near taman sentosa to causeway from 5-9pm ! No accident, nothing.
    Dun tell me it's quite the norm. Scary.
    Share on Twitter

  2. #12282
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North by North West of Singapore
    Posts
    6,464
    My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

    Default Re: Living in JB

    So sorry to hear Cathylmg, these days i don't pay them if its really not my fault. We did encounter a few times when they checked out passport, etc but didn't ask for anything at all. Just waved us to pass.

    As for blaring cars, seems there was some car show event nearby as lots were doing car displays with loudspeakers and amazing car mods and lights. I saw many and not only one ethnic group. Seems to be a pretty major event.

    Stopped by just now as there was a SG car in need of help. It was a very rainy day, even though i turned on my hazard lights, another car behind me blared away even though he was way behind and i was in the extreme left lane. Turned out that the driver was trying to find where was the 2nd link as he tried the new highway and couldn't get through. I explained to him that it wasn't open yet but he can drive down, get to the traffic light where he can see Jusco, go straight down the highway which says Tuas. I told him that its very straightforward and offered to help if he needed but he said it was fine. It was a bit strange though as there was like 5 of them standing in the rain and no one knew where to go.

    The gent and his buddies (all SG Indians) were all very happy and i wished them on their way. Shortly after, it rained like nobodys business, i hope they got back safely.
    Share on Twitter

  3. #12283
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North by North West of Singapore
    Posts
    6,464
    My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by lucky23 View Post
    i like to ask if anyone here operate a factory / business in JB iskandar area ?
    need to ask some advise on whether local authority comes by monthly to ask for $?
    thanks
    We have been approached ,usually nearing their big days on real legitmate grounds like signboard, MPJB or Bomba guys will come. We only paid first time when i wasn't there.

    I refused to pay the 2nd time round, so far ok.
    Share on Twitter

  4. #12284
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North by North West of Singapore
    Posts
    6,464
    My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by ODYSSEY View Post
    Yup, I guess different ppl hv different thots abt buying fm sub-sale; my friend is undeterred n is still going for sub-sale. He prefers seeing the actual house for its size, location n wats in front or behind
    I normally would not recommend subsale but it does have some merits though i would still say, developer is the best.
    Share on Twitter

  5. #12285
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    615
    My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by cathylmg View Post
    Was at the 1st link custom. Police officer stopped us and asked my hubby to get out. Asked for ic and driving licence and charged us for beating the red light. My god! There wasn't even any red light. Ask where he saw us beating the red light and he couldn't even answer. Then ask us whether we want to settle on the spot or they escort us to pay. My hubby told him no money. He said Singapore dollars also can, just put the money under our licence ad pass it to him. What the &$%^3.... We refuse to cooperate. He finally issued us a summon instead. But we did nothing wrong and refused to sign on the line for him. He pushed it into hubby's hand and lefted.

    For this we had to go to MPJB to pay rm300. What to do? People up there are trying so hard to bring up Iskandar Malaysia's image but this officers are so corrupted!
    hey sis, it's really unfortunate you experienced this and many have also experienced the same thing. Looks like they are always targeting SG plated cars. Really sick and tired of these buggers.
    Share on Twitter

  6. #12286
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    615
    My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    I went to Mapex and Imperia launch. Not a bad turn out, and I quite like a few new developments coming up, Austin Heights 2, Sky Oasis, all look nice, Straits View seems a little pricey now.. These developments have very nice concepts. Also good news for Imperia vested brothers and sisters. Prices have increased between 2-10%. I am in the know that more developments are coming up within the PH area. You should expect good news coming soon within this area.

    For me, I still think the risk is there, but somewhat lower now than expected after the latest agreements and transacted land prices that is to be released after finalised.

    I also noticed a trend now most developments will have a serviced apartment/condo within the development in JB. Even IOI Kempas is coming up with a serviced apartment. Another 1-3 more serviced apartments/condo for Setia Indah over the years.

    Though there's much hype and activities around, do buy with caution as we are still uncertain about global economy.
    Share on Twitter

  7. #12287
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    126
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Lucky for me... I leave 515pm from puteri harbour through second link. Reach Singapore 6pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aisanbo View Post
    Goodness! Caught in a jam starting from near taman sentosa to causeway from 5-9pm ! No accident, nothing.
    Dun tell me it's quite the norm. Scary.
    Share on Twitter

  8. #12288
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    126
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    I also heard that there may another hotel that is in the process of confirming their commitment. So imperia immediate neighbour now includes the following developments

    - traders hotel
    - indoor theme park
    - ascott residence
    - UEM/UM land joint venture to the left and
    - encorp land developments to the right.

    Heard that encorp likely to launched between 20-30% higher than imperia...
    If true, it will great for all who buy imperia...

    Cheers,
    PH

    Quote Originally Posted by lastresort View Post
    I went to Mapex and Imperia launch. Not a bad turn out, and I quite like a few new developments coming up, Austin Heights 2, Sky Oasis, all look nice, Straits View seems a little pricey now.. These developments have very nice concepts. Also good news for Imperia vested brothers and sisters. Prices have increased between 2-10%. I am in the know that more developments are coming up within the PH area. You should expect good news coming soon within this area.

    For me, I still think the risk is there, but somewhat lower now than expected after the latest agreements and transacted land prices that is to be released after finalised.

    I also noticed a trend now most developments will have a serviced apartment/condo within the development in JB. Even IOI Kempas is coming up with a serviced apartment. Another 1-3 more serviced apartments/condo for Setia Indah over the years.

    Though there's much hype and activities around, do buy with caution as we are still uncertain about global economy.
    Share on Twitter

  9. #12289
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    615
    My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Puteri harbour View Post
    I also heard that there may another hotel that is in the process of confirming their commitment. So imperia immediate neighbour now includes the following developments

    - traders hotel
    - indoor theme park
    - ascott residence
    - UEM/UM land joint venture to the left and
    - encorp land developments to the right.

    Heard that encorp likely to launched between 20-30% higher than imperia...
    If true, it will great for all who buy imperia...

    Cheers,
    PH
    that is one brother, more to come. =) also good to know many have bought it for own stay as well. And most expensive unit is RM 6.4 million, a record in JB.
    Share on Twitter

  10. #12290
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    54
    My Reputation Points: 28 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    OMG, I had a damn rocking time at Imperia's launch. I think they paid quite a lot of money for Ning Baizura. Lucky it rained like crazy coz she sang indoors instead and we had a nice closed door entertainment session instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by lastresort View Post
    that is one brother, more to come. =) also good to know many have bought it for own stay as well. And most expensive unit is RM 6.4 million, a record in JB.
    Share on Twitter

  11. #12291
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    593
    My Reputation Points: 145 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyMeow View Post
    OMG, I had a damn rocking time at Imperia's launch. I think they paid quite a lot of money for Ning Baizura. Lucky it rained like crazy coz she sang indoors instead and we had a nice closed door entertainment session instead.
    Folks, thanks for all heading out there and sharing all of the great information!

    How was their sales on the official launch, BTW?

    Cheers,
    IR
    Share on Twitter

  12. #12292
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,846
    My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Living in JB

    'Today' newspaper reported on the 3rd link between Singapore and Malaysia. Might be a 1km undersea tunnel via Punggol area, which is slightly shorter than the 1.056km Causeway.
    Share on Twitter

  13. #12293
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    593
    My Reputation Points: 145 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Aisanbo View Post
    Goodness! Caught in a jam starting from near taman sentosa to causeway from 5-9pm ! No accident, nothing.
    Dun tell me it's quite the norm. Scary.
    This is still very speculative and long-term but may help with the congestion:

    http://www.todayonline.com/World/EDC...died--Malaysia
    Share on Twitter

  14. #12294
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    178
    My Reputation Points: 41 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Aisanbo View Post
    Goodness! Caught in a jam starting from near taman sentosa to causeway from 5-9pm ! No accident, nothing.
    Dun tell me it's quite the norm. Scary.
    I was at the 2nd link at around 7pm - traffic was quite okay. We, usually, we try to avoid Causeway during those "peak" times. Incidentally, the Petronas near the Toll gate at Gelang Patah, heading in towards SG, do not have Touch & Go top up facilities anymore. The Esso station nearby sells and provide top up services. Anyone know if the Shell station provide such Touch n Go services? For those who dont wish to top up their Touch n Go card at the petrol station, u can do it at the left most toll gate (Bus lane?); again, towards the direction of SG.
    Last edited by ODYSSEY; 21-11-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    Share on Twitter

  15. #12295
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    178
    My Reputation Points: 41 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    I normally would not recommend subsale but it does have some merits though i would still say, developer is the best.
    Yeah, for those who want "trouble free" transaction, I recommend buying from developer. For those taking the sub-sale path, u must be prepared to go into JB a few times until u find ur ideal house. On top of that, u truly need to have a very reliable and trustworthy agent to help u and be working with u on this. We found out that owners can easily renege on their decision to sell u. Some, as rightly mentioned by Bro Abugumgum, put up their property for sale to "fish" and see if they can sell higher without any intention to sell in the first place.

    If u can put up with these negative demeanour, then u r fine. For those buying from sub-sale, all the best - there may be a gem waiting out there for u to discover. Dont be disheartened
    Last edited by ODYSSEY; 21-11-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    Share on Twitter

  16. #12296
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by abugumgum View Post
    Wah lau!

    I don't remember there is any red light to beat while at the CIQ.

    Is he referring to the the red/green light at each custom officer's booth?
    No. We were stopped just 20-30m before entering the Malaysia custom. He actually asked my hubby to go back into the car and asked for money after he was sat at the driver's seat. I guess this way it won't be so obvious when we give the money?

    We refused to give them money because we felt that if everyone does so, they will think that all Singaporeans are easy to bully. If only everyone do this, I bet they would have wake up! Saddly speaking, people go for the easy way out by giving them bribes. Thats what feeds their appetite!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

  17. #12297
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    52
    My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Imperia-Sales Chart on 20-11-11.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Share on Twitter

  18. #12298
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by LeMans2011 View Post
    I always believe there are "pockets of opportunities" in the subsale or resale market for the mere fact you can bargain with owner but harder with developer. My Nusa Idaman landlord sold his phase 2A (earliest phase) corner terrace (1895 sft built up, abt 2700 sft land) for RM300k which i thought was ridiculously low.. but according to him that is the pricing in the resale market.

    Hence for those buying to stay and not exactly thinking very hard about investment returns, resale market is ok.
    I have a notion that resale market is doing its catchup. Cos when people find that new houses has become more and more out of reach with each phase more expensive then the previous, the resale market which are often more affordable, and more worth the money, I bet buyers will eventually get used to the idea of buying resale instead. And it has started to look this way. So it is not surprising that sellers default on selling when they see other sellers fetching a higher sales price. It is the buyer who should know their right.

    Years ago, one of my cousin put a deposit for a hdb flat in an open market, then property market was very hot with increases in sales price in every transaction. And offcourse the seller gotten greedy and wanted to default but my cousin was not someone to mess with. In the end seller returned her deposits and gave S$30k as compensation. I hope this example gives inspiration to helps the buyer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

  19. #12299
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    'Today' newspaper reported on the 3rd link between Singapore and Malaysia. Might be a 1km undersea tunnel via Punggol area, which is slightly shorter than the 1.056km Causeway.
    Really? Wow! Has it bee confirmed yet? When will the starting and finishing date be? Thats good news to all of us here! Like!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

  20. #12300
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    253
    My Reputation Points: 51 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB

    Quote Originally Posted by IskandarRocks View Post
    This is still very speculative and long-term but may help with the congestion:

    http://www.todayonline.com/World/EDC...died--Malaysia
    Thanks for the link.
    Based on past reports, the 3rd link being studied would be between somewhere at changi ferry to near desaru.
    This would not really help existing causeway traffic as the no. Of cars going desaru is not significant.
    But if they built from Punggol to somewhere in Pasir Gudang, then it would really help.
    Hope they can realize this.
    Share on Twitter

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. US pilots living next to runway
    By Lee Hsien Tau in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-06-2011, 11:57 PM
  2. MERCER Only Says S'pore Infrastructure. Quality Of Living In S'pore Way Down OK.
    By ahleebabasingaporethief in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-04-2009, 03:40 AM
  3. Guide to living like pigeons
    By scoopdreams in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-04-2009, 02:56 PM
  4. Condo-style living for Bangras now...
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 07:08 PM
  5. Cost of living pushing up the Business Cost in Singapore ?
    By congo9 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •