• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have been talking about it since 2007. So is Ikea really going to come to JB:-

Ikea JB

Anyone knows how to translate from malay to english please help?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have the money to buy a villa, I would chop it down to smaller portions. Buy as many terrace house/semi-ds as I want. Live in one and rent out the rest! No need such a big house, tired of cleaning lah!.... :biggrin:
can consider ledang height ; reserved for luxurious bungalow. most plot start at 9000+ sqft.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you intend to use it in Spore:confused:

If you are going to get any kind of water purification system you have to consider where to get the replacement filters.
If you google there are many, many sites offering these kinds of filters e.g.
http://www.inspiredliving.com/chloramine-filters/
http://showerfilterstore.com/
http://www.discountjuicers.com/showercompare.html

Hey you are right, better buy where can get replacement easily, just heard that need to replace this type of shower filter like every three to six months depending on usage. Wow got so many choices available online, looks like no problem to find a suitable one.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I have seen before. But too expensive for the whole house. Just for drinking purpose is ok. :wink:

Yeah for drinking and cooking only, I am still boiling the water before drinking. Just for added assurance.

Expensive?! Heehee I thought this is the cheapest around for alkaline water, that is why I bought. Heard those Diamond etc brands cost few thousands. Recently saw one brand at a Spore expo exhibition selling over one thousand SGD.

Can share more on your water filter? I know a bit late to do research for me who have bought, but just curious what are the six filters and volcanic system about? I just read my brochure my four filters contain one ceramic filter, one akali block filter, one ion exchange resin and lastly one mineral composition filter.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went to East Ledang side of Nusajaya today.
Saw that they have put up street signs.
The sign before the exit to Medini shows 'Nusajaya Pusat Bandaraya', which means Nusajaya City Center.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

A few things to update:

Bro RT, there is no need to explain about the MACS when reapplying. Just say you are staying there if they ask. Heck you might even qualify for tax residency if you stay there 182 days in a calender year.

Osim filter - Really good. You can get at the Homefix store easily. I also bought Waterpik from them as well. Always have and always will bring them with me. I brought them here as well. :smile:
They also have Philips lights which have motion sensors and will light up accordingly when someone walks by. I placed a lot of these on my staircase so it illuminates even if there is a power failure.
There are also devices which prohibits/disrupts (supposedly) the reproductive cycle of dust mites so for those with allergies, they can breathe easier.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Been really busy recently, found that Nusa Duta still has some Semi-Ds left. Going to direct my friends there as they have been asking. I get asked so much questions these days i just send out a BCC update to friends. Made some good contacts with some government folks here and helped point one of my friends, my ex boss to them.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Got the township to clear up some grass that were growing in some houses that are empty (owners not moved in)
Got the clubhouse to rectify some of the places that i felt unsafe, like putting planters or potted plants at a staircase
near the tennis court.
Helped bros with some of their electrical and water needs. More questions are coming in fast now on what to buy and
rental yield rather than whether its safe to buy.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros who are keen on the animals in the African Zone, especially for folks who like reptiles, quite a good selection. They even have american frogs which can grow quite big(with horns i believe).
The owner (John) is a very nice gentleman who answers questions without attitude, even if you are not buying. At least 4 types of snakes there as well as mongoose, skunks, etc. They even have flying foxes or what looks like to be.

Had a brief encounter with a small bat the other day, poor thing hit my windscreen and fell on the floor. I saw in my rear view mirror that it was still moving and as there wasn't much cars, quickly made a u-turn, turn back and turned on hazard lights. Picked it up and brought it home in newspapers as it was still alive. Funny though, it recovered soon enough and wanted to fly. Tried to let it fly but it failed twice, the 3rd time it succeeded and flew 2 rounds around the porch of my house before flying off.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Folks, make no mistakes, there will always be bad tenants. Recall the recent incident where a SG guy (i think) came here and bought and got a horrible tenant. To be fair though, they did say that one should check the location first before buying. So far though, we haven't met up with that type of tenant from hell. The only thing close to bad (from what a good friend shared) was late by a week for the rental payment but he chose to close one eye. He even bought moon cakes for his tenants.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Speaking of mooncakes, both HH and Nusa Duta recently had a mooncake event. Rainy day but turn out wasn't too bad. Lots of food and the one at HH even had taekwando and clown events as well as the setting off of "kong ming deng"

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A lot of friends started moving in recently, went to the house of a lady who was divorced from her Jap husband, her house has a huge billards table plus a huge bathtub in the lowest floor. Saw an ex boss who was there as well. Seems like i have 3 ex bosses all having houses in HH. He asked me what unit i stayed in, out of respect for him, just said one unit. No point being atas or rude to him even though he didn't treat me well in the past. Even met some very proud people at the open house, just smile politely, chat a little and walk away. Like my learned neighbour always says, "Cut off those who doesn't treat you well or appreciate you." I have tremendous respect for this retired Dr friend of mine but probably not so extreme.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros living in The Gateway, please beware especially if you are staying at Jalan Ambang 1. There is a arrogant young chap who drives a Silver coloured Kelisa with license plate number JJQ7280. Please give way to him even though he will drive on the wrong side of the road or takes short cuts and drives recklessly. it doesn't help that he has a P plate marking on his car.

He BRAVELY sticked up his middle finger, spewed vulgarities and threatened a helpless young mother with 2 kids today after being told politely that he should be careful when driving. He narrowly missed my friends car after taking a short cut. He claims the circle area is his as he lives very near to it.

Afterwards, he even brought his dad and brother to my friends place to kick up a fuss and his dad even threatened to harm their 2 kids. Both sides are Malaysians. They claimed to be damn loaded and living in a million dollar house (my friend one is also close to a million now) but scooted off quickly when one (1) of their neighbours started to walk to the trio. Nice job making a young mother and 2 kids cry. So It takes 3 grown man to confront a woman and her husband. Nice job, I hope that you are real proud of yourself. To the father who claims to want to harm other kids, you have 2 sons too, why would you need to threathen others families?

You will notice, i never ever give license or revealing details except one time in the old forum where someone was really reckless and endangering others lives along Lentor in Singapore.

I have a duty to warn everyone here so that everyone knows to give way to Mr Bigshot Kelisa - JJQ7280

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is very exciting, I am definitely looking forward to 2012. I believe even if property prices in Singapore and KL correct, Iskandar properties might not follow suit, it will be affected a little somewhat, maybe a little slow increase in take up, but overall, prices in general will still go up in the longer term, this is because of the low base where it started from and it has attracted many long term unprecedented major investments. It is probably in a market of its own. This 2012 tipping point is a very important year because it will determine the continual success of Iskandar. Iskandar is definitely doing well in absorbing the spill over effects from Singapore, already most hotels in JB are fully booked prior to the F1 season in Singapore. If things go well, we can expect more top class investors like Temasek to come.

I've also gotten news from various salesmen that developers are increasing prices. Horizon Hills Superlinks new phrase at The Hills, Imperia condo at Puteri Habour.

I was quoted around 610+K for a 22nd floor 813 sqf unit at Imperia (no marina view), registered 2 units (free registration) but did not turn up when they invited us to their invitation launch. Had to give up even after knowing prices will be increased by 14% after the weekend launch (kinda spoilt the market price of that 2 units because we did not intend to buy). For that same unit, price has increased to RM 856.60 psf. I know for a little more, I can easily get a resale studio unit across the road from Petronas Twin Towers. That is one of the reasons I told the salesgirl, but she told me people would still choose to invest here because the roads at KLCC are too congested and that Puteri Habour prices have reached KLCC level. (I think she can do better at explaining) :biggrin:. Saw quite a few Singaporeans and Ang Mohs viewing the show units the last time we went.

Over at HH, we were told non residents are not allowed to enter the hills precinct. Even the salesmen are not permitted to enter the entire precinct (sales executives cannot view what they are selling). So those who are interested in the units there now can only view the brochures given by the salesmen.

Thanks for sharing, yes cannot go in now adays to the Hills. Its starting to look very very different, even from the outside.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The tim sum place outside HH is so so but the service was really good. Went there this afternoon after paying my maintenance fees for the houses. Found out i over paid when they told me one of the houses i am only due in July or something next year.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Didn't know HH had another event for Hari Raya today, my neighbours went though. Free food for all.

Had a fall recently one night while changing money, i guess its a mixture of being:

1. Too tired (golf after work)
2. Too stressed (boss)
3. Needed to visit the loo urgently
4. Too concerned with the amount of money

In the end, in front of a lot of people, yours truly knelt down. Still feel painful in joints and legs.
Even with the intense pain, still have to drive and do errands that night. Went back and told wife,
wife said i should have clasp both hands together and pretended to pray. Thanks dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.