• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• 27058_331892951760_527026760_4115571_5321607_n.jpg
    27058_331892951760_527026760_4115571_5321607_n.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 252

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not asking for the sky but all i'm really asking for is:
A roof over my head. With only 3 simple factors. I believe these 3 factors r not difficult to fullfil.
They r:

1) a roof over my head which will not leak (might as well use coconut leaves as roof if it's going to leak)
I live in EL for a year and so far my roof is not leaking much. There were minor issues with windows but those were promptly rectified by the management once reported. At the same time, there were comments that quality of new properties in Singapore is not much different (e.g. windows leakage) as workers are anyway from Bangladesh or so.

What i’m trying to imply here is it doesn’t matter where i stay in any part of the world, i want a roof over my head which will not leak not just Singapore!
Let me also ask you one question - have you ever tried to move into a brand newly build landed property (not HDB or Condo as you can hardly have a roof leakage unless you are in Penthouse) or in Singapore and found no issues?
Are you trying to tell me all newly build landed property in Singapore will have leaking roofs? Did you stay in a brand new landed property yourself that you had a leaking roof?

2) a house which will not crack apart ( might as well use wood , y put bricks in the first place)

I'm not aware of any recently completed houses within Nusajaya that cracked apart. There might be some minor cracks in the walls but that is not abnormal and might happen within first 2 years (land have to settle down under the weight). It is your choice however if you would want to build a wooden house and there are plenty of options where you can order such.

It seems here you are telling everyone the developer is building a house on a land that has yet settle down and dat’s why it cracks. So imagine a flat or condo being build on a land not yet settled down? How ? Thanks for being sarcastic asking me to build a wooden house and i have plenty of options. Thanks for being personal as well. I’m sorry if i’ve offended you.

3) security ( what r security guards meant for?)
No major cases in HH or EL while there were a number of break ins to a condo in Singapore (3-4 cases followed by a meeting between residents and a management) where I was living.

That makes me feel that you are a bit blinded about Singapore supremacy which is taken for granted. I couldn't say that MY doesn't have problems but one should be realistic in his judgements.

What I’m implying about security, maybe I need to explain my sentence in full, if one stays in a place with security guards, the guards are suppose to look after the place right? If not why have guards. Doesn’t matter where as well.
So seems like you leave in a condo where the security guards were not doing their jobs, and it had to be 3 – 4 cases and then there was a meeting.
You are saying I’m blinded by Singapore supremacy ? Thank you. It also seems to me you did not fully understand what I write. So you feel that I’m taking Singapore Supremacy for granted? What makes you say a sentence like that? Is there really such a thing as Singapore supremacy in your views?
It seems like you have something strongly against me for asking only 3 things in a place where I wish to live.
1) Roof dat does not leak
2) House dat does not fall apart
3) Security
I hereby post this question to everyone reading? My above 3 factors, Is this something too much to ask ? Maybe I’m allowed to ask only for one of the 3. If not I better not move to JB. I also better not stay in a flat in SG. Dear fellow readers, Would you buy a place without those 3 factors in place?
Am I’m being too much by asking only these 3 factors and I get a strong personal attack from a fellow reader?

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
AP, I'm always around, lurking most of the time. :smile:

BFF, agree with the 3 factors you mentioned are basic and valid complaints.

I've friends who'd contemplated in asking the developer to re-plaster the interior walls because they find it not smooth, especially under lighting! Then you have the nitty-gritty complains like not up to their "Singapore hotel standard" bathroom fittings, etc. This was for properties bought above the RM250K days.

Hi Toyohon

Thanks, the only true way is not to compare 250k or even 750k with singapore hotel standard. the only way to compare is with landed property of the same price in Malaysia itself according to their rules. This way is more fair.

i pose this question to a contractor which did my friends' home in johor. i told him we will not use singaproe standards but we will use malaysian standards. so he came out with the rules. in the end the rules he came out with did not pass in accordance to his malaysia standard buidling rules which he dictated. he wasn't very happy with the works his guys did and they did as much rectifications they could.

we cannot play the same way we do in singaproe, we have to follow their rules. there are certain standard rules which will imply to any houses built.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way a little a bit myself, i'm not rich to stay in a landed property in Sg.

when i was young, i stayed in a house which leaks whenever it rains. and we would put small pots and pails where the leaks starts. Worse when it rains heavy, the whole house floods.

So now it's the year 2011. it's no longer in the late 70s or 80s. If it was then, nothing i can say, now it's the year 2011, are builders still building roofs like they did 30 or 40 years ago where the roofs leaks? Should such a thing even happen?

Yes it can happen maybe in certain countries. last time police man wear shorts, are they still wearing shorts today?

Do i still want to live in memories whenever it rains , i have to prepare pails, i have to cover up all the electrical stuff so they don't kenna rain water?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi BigfatFish,

Thanks for your contribution and I learn a lot from you. Don't be angry over any of the comments.. I don't think they are personal and I am glad we are all able to learn from everyone's contribution. I felt since we are all planning a retirement home in Malaysia, lets stay united.. not quarrel and build up a good forums for other folks to share and learn..

I am a lucky guy who have a decent job and living in a decent fully paid private property in Singapore.. and yet I don't think how I can retire in Singapore. It is so difficult to catch up with the inflation and the government who is closing their eyes taking care of top tiers pretending everyone is ok.. sad.. I wish a good platform sharing information for other Singapore/Malaysian folks who is open to alternative living like living here.. and I wish we can build a new community living in Malaysia..helping each other..

rgds

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi BigfatFish,

I've got a qns, what is the statistics pool you encountered on such poor quality built in HH? You mean so many owners encounter leaking roofs and cracking walls till date??
I've seen the few projects in Nusajaya region personally.. and while i agree that EL is definitely better than HH, but i'm of opinion that you might be a little bit too harsh and biased against HH.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. The picture is taken from top left quadrant of an actual picture. (Most cheap lens gives pictures with concave corners). If you look at the left side of the building, seems curved. If building curved, glass break already lah.

2. If you draw horizontal line of the concrete fencing in front of the building, it's also slant down towards right. Building sink one side maybe, fencing so light can sink too??

Either a. it slants but not so much... or b. Optical illusion or bad lens...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha, my wide angle lens is good in producing pictures of such effect..

1. The picture is taken from top left quadrant of an actual picture. (Most cheap lens gives pictures with concave corners). If you look at the left side of the building, seems curved. If building curved, glass break already lah.

2. If you draw horizontal line of the concrete fencing in front of the building, it's also slant down towards right. Building sink one side maybe, fencing so light can sink too??

Either a. it slants but not so much... or b. Optical illusion or bad lens...

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal

A roof over my head. With only 3 simple factors. I believe these 3 factors r not difficult to fullfil.

They r:

1) a roof over my head which will not leak (might as well use coconut leaves as roof if it's going to leak)
2) a house which will not crack apart ( might as well use wood , y put bricks in the first place)
3) security ( what r security guards meant for?)

BFF
Everyone is entitled to their own views..however nothing last forever (even diamonds included)
With time, deteriation sets in..
My sis condo in Sg also had leaky toliet roof though water proofing suppose to last min of 3 yrs..

the main concern shd be with regards to safety & security.. anything that money can solve/rebuild is secondary.. (my 1.5 cents only)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
BFF, please do say what you need to air, some of what you said is true, i have not commented on them at all.

If folks here were that bad, you would have seen lots of tit for tat stuff going on. This isn't about any developments, in case one needs to draw any quick conclusions, just go through the past pages. There has been equally positive and negative comments about other properties including HH all this time if one cares to look. All this time, there has been both good and bad about any property here, its good to highlight. EL was always rated the best, just that i chose otherwise, just like other folks who were keen on HH but looked for others as it may suit their needs better.

This actually sounds like what the MIW in SG would do: Say something wrong, HH might send down their agents clamping down on my love ones. People investing here will start bombarding me.

Thats why if you see someone continuously bombard a certain property or come in once or twice and talk good about a property, share links (which are supposed to be to a forum)but which are to their property website, you might realise what they are doing.

Again, this is not Living in HH or Living in EL, both HH and EL has the same "AH GONG", no one wants to see anyone fails.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Prof, thanks for always being such a forgiving and cool dude. I am also a die hard Android supporter. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.